My Trump Questions

Devine

Star
No I didn't imply free speech was secondary.. not even sure where u pulled that from.

When my entire family can't get health insurance and we are forced into utter destitution and abject poverty as a result I guess you can come talk to me about those benefits.

I'd have no problem drug testing people on welfare if 1) we drug tested all politicians as well 2) it actually saved money instead of costing money 3) the people pushing for it didn't own the labs who'd benefit from the contracts and 4) it didnt penalize the innocent children who will not be able to eat and didnt ask to be born to those parents.

People who need breaks can't get them because of the way the system is set up not because of the minuscule amount of lazy people who are fraudibg the system
interesting point i always thought i supported welfare drug testing till you mentioned that i don't want any more big federal contracts!
although in my younger years when i kept company with unsavory charecters anyone i ever knew who was on welfare/fd stamp was just a lazy scammer but i've only lived in 3 states and no big cities so IDK. but if people on welfare get tested i would think it would be better for their kids? like if they were on drugs they wouldnt just take the food they'd try to "help" the kids, a whole other issue itself lol

Devine

Star
I would love not to use western medicine unfortunately that is not an option for me so being able to access healthcare is a huge deal.

And yeah they will be "covered" at ridiculously high rates which are prohibitive for anyone other than millionaires. ive read enough analysis of the bill to have a pretty good idea what's in it. Probably more so then the people voting on it tbh.

And yeah I guess I'm talking to you.. I'd rather my taxes go to helping my neighbor then waging perpetual war all over the world. Our taxes aren't going to be reduced - mine will actually go up with this plan - and we will see less benefit from them because all the money is going to tax breaks for the ultra rich and corporations and an expanded military budget. I'd rather pay for grandmas meals then bombing Syria.
It sounds like you know a lot more about the tax and healthcare plans than I do. For my bracket I would pay a lot less, is my understanding. But I guess this is what I kinda hoped to explore in this thread: that we all vote based off our own situations. We all just want what we want and what we think is right. I don't think either side is "bad" like they try to tell us :) I respect the fact that people have different values and circumstances.
I don't want to pay to help my neighbor through the venue of government. I don't want any help for myself.
i also don't support any military related spending I don't believe in taking any action outside our borders, ever. but i knew what i was in for with trump on that one unfortunately
guess you pick your battles

Devine

Star
The system in general.
still not sure if you like or dislike protesting?:)
i love protesting! although the protests of the election really confused me and hurt my feelings. i felt like people were protesting me like is this not a democracy? does my vote not count? i just didn't get it
i like the idea of the womens marches but thought their purpose was too vague...

justjess

Superstar
I am a strong supporter of people's right to protest and protest myself when there is something I feel strongly enough about and I can get the free time.

Can I ask what tax bracket you are in because the only people who will see any large tax break are higher income earners (above 140k/year). The estimate is upper middle class will see about $1500, lower middle maybe $400, which for small business owners, people with no insurance through theor employer or the self employed will be eaten up in higher healthcare costs once the subsidies are gone and medical deductions are eliminated (part of his tax plan and part of his health plan) or if they have a pre existing condition which most people do. This article has a chart showing savings and breaks it down:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/03/01/president-trump-promises-massive-middle-class-tax-cuts-but-will-he-deliver/

Drug testing people on welfare costs More money then it saves, finds very few drug abusers, of the ones it does find most are for pot (in system 30 days vs 3 days for everything else, harder to flush), and really doesn't do anything to protect kids since having a positive drug screen does not automatically mean the child will be removed from its parents - it does however guarantee that parent will have even less money to provide for the child. I get the desire and appeal in theory, but in reality it won't accomplish that.

The people pushing for these laws have been found to be financially linked to the labs and pharmaceutical companies who will benefit if these laws are enacted. In one state the main legislator pushing for it had a relative that owned the only lab that got the government contract to complete the drug tests - that's big money.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
@mecca i was hoping you'd contribute to this thread your thoughts always like the youth's perspective :)
I think the media hates Donald Trump because he's a bad guy who does bad things and doesn't try to look good like others such as Hillary do. Even though he gets criticized in the media a lot, that doesn't mean people should hold out hope like he's gonna do anything good. He's already proven what kind of guy he is and who he supports. Also I think anyone who even gets to be president is already compromised, it's impossible to get to that position without being a part of the illuminati plan.

The Zone

Star
Well, there are plenty of people I see daily on Welfare driving great cars, dealing drugs, etc. By getting them out, it would allow more for those in true need. People are not saints and they will abuse any system they can. I have no issue if someone wants to do drugs as long as they can do so responsibly and still function in life. I have worked with a ton of people that have never taken a government handout who are poor as can be while others live on welfare from pure laziness having no skills to get a job by their choice. Then some are too good to work in their eyes for 10 bucks an hour. But I am in non stop shocked by those who admit they abuse the system, sell ther food card for a hit and await a new one. At some point the way the world is going, help will end in that the world economy is on sketchy ground. Watch for the housing bubble to burst in Canada for if it does the US is next in line an that means a coming recession...even though we kind of are in one already.

TMT

Star
The media knows that most people don't trust them, and because they know they have positioned themselves as opposed to Trump but it doesn't go anywhere. It's just a smokescreen. In other words they are just acting like they all oppose him in unison. However you can already see where this is going, he gets good press for foreign trips and foreign policy, once something happens here at home you'll see. There is a real evil in the white house.

Devine

Star
i am poverty level :)
I am a strong supporter of people's right to protest and protest myself when there is something I feel strongly enough about and I can get the free time.

Can I ask what tax bracket you are in because the only people who will see any large tax break are higher income earners (above 140k/year). The estimate is upper middle class will see about $1500, lower middle maybe $400, which for small business owners, people with no insurance through theor employer or the self employed will be eaten up in higher healthcare costs once the subsidies are gone and medical deductions are eliminated (part of his tax plan and part of his health plan) or if they have a pre existing condition which most people do. This article has a chart showing savings and breaks it down:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/03/01/president-trump-promises-massive-middle-class-tax-cuts-but-will-he-deliver/

Drug testing people on welfare costs More money then it saves, finds very few drug abusers, of the ones it does find most are for pot (in system 30 days vs 3 days for everything else, harder to flush), and really doesn't do anything to protect kids since having a positive drug screen does not automatically mean the child will be removed from its parents - it does however guarantee that parent will have even less money to provide for the child. I get the desire and appeal in theory, but in reality it won't accomplish that.

The people pushing for these laws have been found to be financially linked to the labs and pharmaceutical companies who will benefit if these laws are enacted. In one state the main legislator pushing for it had a relative that owned the only lab that got the government contract to complete the drug tests - that's big money.

justjess

Superstar
Then I hate to break it to you but you probably aren't getting any tax cut. Refer to the chart in the link I posted. Everyone's situation is different of course but the tax cuts seem to be going mainly to the wealthy

mecca

Superstar
Are Americans aware that they are being pushed into race wars as well? Just wondering.
I'm American and I have noticed racial polarization in the media. But the people around me fight that stuff, we're not racist. The only time I really come across racist ideals is on the internet.

Devine

Star
Then I hate to break it to you but you probably aren't getting any tax cut. Refer to the chart in the link I posted. Everyone's situation is different of course but the tax cuts seem to be going mainly to the wealthy
i see. i've also seen other projections just have to see i guess

justjess

Superstar
If you are poverty level u don't pay taxes already. Except social security and Medicaid which won't be touched. Income taxes which u might pay should all already be refunded to u. He isn't expanding any credits which is the only way you would get more KKK e.g. And the projected families health care costs are supposed to rise 2500 pp.

Just do some research if u can? I hate to see people thinking their going to benefit and instead getting screwed.

Devine

Star
too late now i already voted for him! at least i can admit it since no one else seems to :) and i'm willing to take what i get now. i always knew i might regret it i guess i'm still waiting to see :)

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
If i pray for Donald Trump to be Guided by The Almighty, that would mean that i'd have to be optimistic about him being offered Guidance.

If i am indeed optimistic about such and i hope with all my heart that it's indeed the case, it wouldn't be good for me to speak ill of him then.

What do you think?

It's like if i ask God to Give me something. For sure, i'm gonna get it, sooner or later. I can't then be showing any impatience or exasperation.

I also can't be going around telling people that hey you know i asked God to give me such and such and i'm still waiting! Not good, huh?
Only thing Trump is going to get us is a nuclear warhead up our ass.