My Personal Dictionary Of Things

I very much want to share my knowledge concerning all the things i know about and certainly want to learn new things too so feel free to add anything if you want to. Thanks beforehand! Don't move on to the next letter though unless you don't hear from me for like 3 months or 3 years or 3 decades haha :p Cheers!

A

Allah

Meaning - The Formless God unto Whom nothing can be likened. He Is Unimaginable. It suffices for you to imagine any thing, and that's not Him, The Source of every good light.

Anonymous

Meaning - Something unnamed, unknown. It can be an anonymous letter which would be a letter whose sender is unknown. It could be an anonymous person (like me :p) whose identity is unknown, hence the term anonymous.

Amen

Meaning - May God Accede to that. Can also be pronounced as Aa - Mean (as is the case in Islam).

Attachments

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
Can Allah appear as multiple different gods? For example, could he appear differently to different civilizations?

Can Allah appear as multiple different gods? For example, could he appear differently to different civilizations?
No, for the simple reason that nothing can be God Besides God since everything else has a beginning and a dependence on His Will to remain afloat in existence. However Allah The Almighty May Send His Servants (Messenger, Angels, Signs) as a means to Guide anybody. Any thing Sent by Him will testify to His Sovereignty and will never be a means whereby you may think that that thing may be God without you being told of the contrary.

Qur'an Ch. 7 Verse 143 And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

The great mountain thus collapsed and Moses asked for forgiveness because he dared to ask something about which he really didn't have the power to behold.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
No, for the simple reason that nothing can be God Besides God since everything else have a beginning and a dependence on His Will to remain afloat in existence. However Allah The Almighty May Send His Servants (Messenger, Angels, Signs) as a means to Guide anybody. Any thing Sent by Him will testify to His Sovereignty and will never be a means whereby you may think that that thing may be God without you being told of the contrary.

Qur'an Ch. 7 Verse 143 And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

The great mountain thus collapsed and Moses asked for forgiveness because he dared to ask something about which he really didn't have the power to behold.
I took the Shahadah. I used to be Sunni Muslim. I have the Quran and I still believe it but I also believe the Bible. My ancestors didn't know anything about those religions till some white people showed up and they're both foreign as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much all the Gods are tribal Gods. Many Arabic people love the God of the Quran but that God speaks Arabic. For Jews, God speaks in Hebrew. They're all foreign to me. I don't think there is a universal God that we know- not directly. God might show up speaking Hebrew or Arabic and I don't mind God speaking other languages. But if people think the God that speaks Hebrew or the God that speaks Arabic is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, then this is a pretense for colonization and cultural invasion. I don't mind other people worshiping other Gods but I believe these are only forms of THE ONE TRUE GOD- rather than THE ONE TRUE GOD in Himself.

mecca

Superstar
I took the Shahadah. I used to be Sunni Muslim. I have the Quran and I still believe it but I also believe the Bible. My ancestors didn't know anything about those religions till some white people showed up and they're both foreign as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much all the Gods are tribal Gods. Many Arabic people love the God of the Quran but that God speaks Arabic. For Jews, God speaks in Hebrew. They're all foreign to me. I don't think there is a universal God that we know- not directly. God might show up speaking Hebrew or Arabic and I don't mind God speaking other languages. But if people think the God that speaks Hebrew or the God that speaks Arabic is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, then this is a pretense for colonization and cultural invasion. I don't mind other people worshiping other Gods but I believe these are only forms of THE ONE TRUE GOD- rather than THE ONE TRUE GOD in Himself.
I agree. God can speak all languages because everyone who prays to him doesn't only speak the same language.

Agree too. God Understands all languages. He Only Sent His Messengers to those people that were going astray and it's only logical that the Messenger should speak the same language as that of the people he had been sent to.

@Etagloc You are so right too, like it's quite retarded to not want God's Message to be translated in all other languages so as to facilitate other people's understanding of it.

That being said, even if you don't know how to read or understand any scripture, don't you think one cannot go on living without believing that A Supreme Being Willed it for him/her to exist (let alone the fact that our families were Chosen for us as well as our physical attributes and personalities)?

Etagloc

Superstar
Agree too. God Understands all languages. He Only Sent His Messengers to those people that were going astray and it's only logical that the Messenger should speak the same language as that of the people he had been sent to.

@Etagloc You are so right too, like it's quite retarded to not want God's Message to be translated in all other languages so as to facilitate other people's understanding of it.

That being said, even if you don't know how to read or understand any scripture, don't you think one cannot go on living without believing that A Supreme Being Willed it for him/her to exist (let alone the fact that our families were Chosen for us as well as our physical attributes and personalities)?
I've read the Quran at least four times over. It's not about translation. The Quran is in Arabic. The Old Testament is in Hebrew. Languages don't really translate. For example, you would totally lose Tupac's essence if you translated his English into Chinese. To grasp his essence, you have to grasp his specific speech patterns. The very concept of translation is somewhat deceptive. The medium is the message. Language is the medium. There is always something lost in translation. To rrally reach a complete grasp of the Old Testament, you need to be be able to read it in Hebrew. To really reach a complete grasp of the Quran, you need to read it in Arabic. Ideas and religions are tied to their time and geography. To really grasp Plato, you need to grasp Ancient Greece. For example, if you've never heard of African-Americans and you have no idea who African-Americans are, you won't really understand Tupac's music. Religions cannot be separated from their contexts.

According to many Arabs, God revealed his law in Arabic, Arabic is spoken in heaven, God's messenger was an Arab and God's word is in Arabic.

Hmm.... how convenient. The Muslim God is an Arabic version of God.

I admire the Arab people. I really do. But I don't want their God pushed on me. And I don't mind the Jewish version of God but I also don't want the Jewish God pushed on me. These are the Gods of foreign tribes and I respect them but my ancestors have had their own Gods for thousands of years and I'm more than content to worship my ancestors' Gods and I hate colonizers.

At the end of the day, it's the same God though and He's All-Loving and Understands us more than we understand ourselves.

Guess that's what's most important.

Which is why i said that most important of all is to simply believe in The Supreme Being and be sincere to Him wherever we may be. He Will Guide us towards greater truths in due time. Amen

Still under A

Ass

meaning donkey which God Gave us to help us carry our belongings. A magnificent animal really. Though i have never petted one in my life.

can also mean the human being's posterior or behind. A very beautiful and alluring body part for each of the opposite sex's enjoyment. Male loves the female's and vice-versa. It is also something which most inherently feel naturally ashamed of given the fact that it requires constant cleaning and maintenance by shaving off unwanted hairs. Most beautiful indeed is the person who preserves the sense of shame attached to it.

can also mean that the person to whom allusion has been made is stupid since we can't really convince a donkey of ever doing the right thing.

The ass has been Created in pairs. The right and the left. The male and the female.

P.s. i am sorry for the uneasiness i may have evoked with this post but it's just the truth and how shameful do i feel now but hey we're online, right? :p

Lady

Star
I've read the Quran at least four times over. It's not about translation. The Quran is in Arabic. The Old Testament is in Hebrew. Languages don't really translate. For example, you would totally lose Tupac's essence if you translated his English into Chinese. To grasp his essence, you have to grasp his specific speech patterns. The very concept of translation is somewhat deceptive. The medium is the message. Language is the medium. There is always something lost in translation. To rrally reach a complete grasp of the Old Testament, you need to be be able to read it in Hebrew. To really reach a complete grasp of the Quran, you need to read it in Arabic. Ideas and religions are tied to their time and geography. To really grasp Plato, you need to grasp Ancient Greece. For example, if you've never heard of African-Americans and you have no idea who African-Americans are, you won't really understand Tupac's music. Religions cannot be separated from their contexts.

According to many Arabs, God revealed his law in Arabic, Arabic is spoken in heaven, God's messenger was an Arab and God's word is in Arabic.

Hmm.... how convenient. The Muslim God is an Arabic version of God.

I admire the Arab people. I really do. But I don't want their God pushed on me. And I don't mind the Jewish version of God but I also don't want the Jewish God pushed on me. These are the Gods of foreign tribes and I respect them but my ancestors have had their own Gods for thousands of years and I'm more than content to worship my ancestors' Gods and I hate colonizers.
@Etagloc
"I admire the Arab people. I really do. But I don't want their God pushed on me."
I don't think anyone wants any god pushed on him/her -self.

God does make Himself known to us in His time. If we seek Him with our whole hearts, He makes sure we find Him!
It happened to me.

Hahaha, thank you all for commenting, i was kinda expecting comments like

"how could you write such things?"

Hmm i just like to share my views concerning things that i appreciate in life @Lady , you may all ask me anything you want if you wish and i will try to answer as best as i can, God Willing of course. @Renegade , it gets dark if God Wills for sure. However, in Paradise, it's said that there will always be light despite the absence of the sun. I gather from that that in Paradise, there won't by any end to day... ^_^