My Peacefully Protest Against The Big 5 Tech Companies!

TonyVanDam

Established
This is Anthony, AKA TonyVanDam. And on May 2021, I am here to give you a follow up report on my peacefully protest against Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, & Apple. But first, I need to repeat what I said in a previous thread as words of wisdom to anyone that has issues with how the Big 5 Tech Companies does business, especially in their current controversial roles as front runners in so-called "Cancel Culture". And lets never forget that these are the same Big 5 Tech companies [especially Google] that shows no respect to your Rights To Privacy while they are collecting your data/metadata via using trackers.
----------------------------------------
1. Stop using ALL Google products, including GMail, Google Maps, YouTube, & Android phone/tablet [MEMO: Android is based upon Linux; But the Android trademark & closed source codes are owned by Google].

2. Stop using ALL Amazon products & services, including Amazom.com, Alexa, Whole Foods Market, & MGM Studio.

3. Stop using ALL Facebook products, including Instagram [MEMO: If you have an Instagram account, you still have an active Facebook account!].

4. Stop using ALL Microsoft products, including all Windows operation systems [especially Windows 10] & Skype.

5. Stop using ALL Apple Computers products, including iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Garageband, & Logic.

If no one is committed to go the FLOSS [Free/Libre Open Source Software] route with the best of their abilities, then no one has the right to whine OR complain about how Big Tech runs their businesses with their [dis]respect products.

-------------------------------------------
I still stand by THOSE^ words as of May 2021.

And I am also proud to say that my protest is 95% successful!

The only remaining drawback for myself is that I need to invest in a new smartphone that does NOT have an Android Operating System. Despite the fact all Google apps are either uninstall or disable [if the apps cannot be uninstall unless the phone itself is "rooted"], Google's back doors still exist while the original ROMs are still in the phone.

To put it very bluntly, Google is The Devil! Yes I said it! Political & Social Correctness be damnation!

At least the protest against the other 4 tech companies were simple....

a. I have never brought or owned anything from Apple in my entire life. Thank goodness!

b. I have never brought or used anything from Microsoft since Windows XP, right before I made to switch to Linux [My favorite distros are Debian-based] years ago.

c. My Facebook account was terminated by my request years ago & I have never used Instagram.

d. My Amazon account, which I have not used for years, was terminated by my request in 2021 & I no longer shop at the Whole Food Market [MEMO: NaturalGeocers & Trader Joe's are the best alternatives].

Now the hard part was & still is Google. Having my Google account terminated by request solved most of the problems, but not ALL of the problems! To be free from Google plantation once and for all, my Android phone has got to go.

To Be Continue....Indeed.

Last edited:

TonyVanDam

Established
MEMO: For those of you that are still watching videos on YouTube, please remember that you do not need to have an active Google account to watch videos. Granted, you will not be able to leave comments, give a thumbs up/down, or subscribe to a channel. But you can still watch most videos without a Google Account regardless. But please be sure that you have a web browser [MEMO: I used Firefox & Tor] that can be set to block trackers. Add-ons like uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger helps plenty.

Daze

Superstar
You can get andriod phones without google. Android itself is open source before Goolag puts there garbage in it.

You can buy a google free andriod from Braxmen. They are usually $100 bucks and the cost of the phone itself, so depends on what phone you want.

Screenshot_2021-05-21 Rob Braxman.jpg

I am not affiliated with this guy in any way shape or from.

TonyVanDam

Established
You can get andriod phones without google. Android itself is open source before Goolag puts there garbage in it.

You can buy a google free andriod from Braxmen. They are usually $100 bucks and the cost of the phone itself, so depends on what phone you want.

View attachment 56298

I am not affiliated with this guy in any way shape or from.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
I was already considering an /e/ smartphone. Pinephone, Plasma Mobile, Ubuntu Touch, & Purism are also alternatives.

Daze

Superstar
Do you like your apple gadget? Does it bother you that it was made by modern day slave labor?