My Family Is Emotionally Dead

Tatilina

Star
Most people are emotionally dead, if you are caught having any emotions, you'll catch shit for it, so it's best just to suppress any emotions still left. No man will listen to women who aren't emotionally dead. It's expected of you.

No Heart

Rookie
It's since settled. Shouldn't have even shared this info, really, plus that I can't even remember what I said now.

Forget it.
Okay, I hope it is permanent and not just for a while. Still, you might try to get out. It is never good to stay with parents and siblings. They usually stop you from growing and you just become frustrated from all the limitations of living together with them gives you.

No Heart

Rookie
Most people are emotionally dead, if you are caught having any emotions, you'll catch shit for it, so it's best just to suppress any emotions still left. No man will listen to women who aren't emotionally dead. It's expected of you.
lol I know. Especially as a woman you are expected to shut up and sit in a corner just nodding and smiling to the shit they tell you. If you do something you are not expected to do, you are considered crazy, stupid or unsocial.

Tatilina

Star
lol I know. Especially as a woman you are expected to shut up and sit in a corner just nodding and smiling to the shit they tell you. If you do something you are not expected to do, you are considered crazy, stupid or unsocial.
Ain't that the truth lol. Yeah, it's pretty much like that everywhere, even here. I'm constantly telling myself to shut up and suck it up.
People say that they are all for women and progression, but they are full of shit!

No Heart

Rookie
Ain't that the truth lol. Yeah, it's pretty much like that everywhere, even here. I'm constantly telling myself to shut up and suck it up.
People say that they are all for women and progression, but they are full of shit!
If it gets them money into their pockets, they are for womens progression, or if they think that is what the person infront of them wants to hear.

I rarely take peoples shit anymore. I got sick and tired of it. I tried when I was a child and in my early teens, but then I understood, that it doesn't do me any good.

I thought I rather live like that: People hate me, I do what makes me happy and I have the money and stuff I want.
Instead of: People hate me, I do what they want, trying hard to fullfill their needs and wishes about what they think I have to do and how I should be and am unhappy and barely have money and the things I want.

Don't suck up and shut up! If my parents talk to me poorly, I give them one warning and then I leave their house.
A few days ago, we had a barbeque at their house. I didn't even enter and my father already started to say mean things to me. Then my mother started to yell at my like crazy for no reason, just wanting to blow off steam at my expense. After a few minutes I told them in a calm voice, that I am not here to get insulted and yelled at by them, and if they say just one word more to me, I will leave, since I don't feel like being with them anyway. From that point on, they were very friendly, no yelling, no insults.

Also I cut people out of my life who are nothing like poison to me. Did that with the always present ex-wife of my father. She said nasty stuff to me all of the time, especially when she noticed that I was in a good mood, just to bring me down and make me feel bad about myself. That woman hates me with a passion. Around my father she always acts as if she likes me so much and always wants to help me ...

I have no contact to her anymore. I feel very relieved since that day, no need to listen to her crap anymore.

Maybe you should try the same, can only help you.

Tatilina

Star
If it gets them money into their pockets, they are for womens progression, or if they think that is what the person infront of them wants to hear.

I rarely take peoples shit anymore. I got sick and tired of it. I tried when I was a child and in my early teens, but then I understood, that it doesn't do me any good.

I thought I rather live like that: People hate me, I do what makes me happy and I have the money and stuff I want.
Instead of: People hate me, I do what they want, trying hard to fullfill their needs and wishes about what they think I have to do and how I should be and am unhappy and barely have money and the things I want.

Don't suck up and shut up! If my parents talk to me poorly, I give them one warning and then I leave their house.
A few days ago, we had a barbeque at their house. I didn't even enter and my father already started to say mean things to me. Then my mother started to yell at my like crazy for no reason, just wanting to blow off steam at my expense. After a few minutes I told them in a calm voice, that I am not here to get insulted and yelled at by them, and if they say just one word more to me, I will leave, since I don't feel like being with them anyway. From that point on, they were very friendly, no yelling, no insults.

Also I cut people out of my life who are nothing like poison to me. Did that with the always present ex-wife of my father. She said nasty stuff to me all of the time, especially when she noticed that I was in a good mood, just to bring me down and make me feel bad about myself. That woman hates me with a passion. Around my father she always acts as if she likes me so much and always wants to help me ...

I have no contact to her anymore. I feel very relieved since that day, no need to listen to her crap anymore.

Maybe you should try the same, can only help you.
I really like you and I agree with everything you just said. That's how I used to be, but I got punished for it, by a lot of people for being that way. I still get punished it for, but I still try. I get punished for a lot of things.

No Heart

Rookie
I really like you and I agree with everything you just said. That's how I used to be, but I got punished for it, by a lot of people for being that way. I still get punished it for, but I still try. I get punished for a lot of things.
And they will keep on "punishing" you forever lol. Humans can not accept others how they are or what they want to be like. They want to stuff you into a mould and form you after their needs and wishes and don't give a single shit about you.

It is a constant battle, and I keep on doing what I wish to, not giving one fuck about all the unpleasant things I have to hear from people in that ugly little small town I live in. I like to be out in nature, and we have plenty of it here. I love to explore, finding new beautiful sights, also finding empty cans and bottles I can bring to stores and get money for it. ;-) People here are really rich and throw everything they don't want anymore left and right. I live good from taking it, and don't care that they hate me for doing so. I can go to the gym, buy organic food and whatever else I like, thanks to their wastefulness.

Yeah, always do what you want, never let anyone tell you how weird, disgusting, selfish you are, for not doing what pleases them. Keep on walking, they are after all, nothing but obstacles on your path of life. If they want to fuck with you, tell them in a calm voice the consequences it will have for them, or if you see, talking wouldn't make any sense, then just ignore them and do your thing.