My Current Theory On What The Hand Covering One Eye Means.

Truthor

Rookie
The people are who involved in the "industry" are mostly single. Not married. I believe that it's possible in order to have two working eyes in "reality", you need to find a partner; someone who loves you and who you love...and you each share one eye of the other (so that you have two working eyes, but one is your partner's and vice versa).

If you do not have a partner, you only have one eye and the other eye is used as a camera to view everything you do because you are now on stage in order to try and get people to fall in love with you. You are trying to find a mate/partner and it's the only way other single people will see what you do/how you are, etc.

It may be as simple as that and not related to the devil or aliens or the "elite". Although, I will say that I believe there is a faction that exists that wants these people to remain single for their own enjoyment. I mean, you might not have an entertainment industry at all if everyone was actually receiving love from a committed partner rather than getting it from audiences who only love you based on your "performances".

Truthor

Rookie
And there may be an element of being "touched" by a higher power in order to give you the ability/programming to have talent in order to sing well, dance well, act well, etc. BUT it really comes down to who you are as a person, the true you, inside. The talent/looks provided are just a bit of a lift/jump start to help people notice you (although, the talent may actually reflect how big the heart of the person being showcased is).

Based on my own research I also believe there is something to the "eat" or "f**k" theme of Neon Demon, which was featured on VC (do people want to eat you or f**k you). But this has nothing to do with the find a partner/someone to fall in love with you thing. This is a bi-product of the whole thing and simply a materialistic side to being watched by an audience.

Truthor

Rookie
In the 1987 movie, Wings of Desire (the movie City of Angels was based on), an angel falls to earth to be with a woman he's been watching. This is the very first shot in the film when he wakes up on earth (notice the art surrounding him, clearly depicting one eyed beings watching him now):

So, not only are the entertainers "one eyed" the people watching are also "one eyed" (because they are single as well (the angels represent single beings, IMO).

Truthor

Rookie
And because everything in my reality is coordinated and manipulated by higher beings, as I'm posting this info, "Eye in the Sky" suddenly came on my iTunes shuffle (of over 20,000 songs I own):

"I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you"

Truthor

Rookie
2. Some people believe it represents the anus. This seems bizzare to me.
Interesting. There may be something to that. As in "taking it in the..." vs making love (using the proper hole) (I'm sorry if this post is offensive to anyone, I'm simply theorizing using stereotypes). The metaphor is that if you're showcasing yourself via "the industry", you are subject to the ridicule and fake love of the mass audience watching vs simply being watched by one other (if you are able to fall in love with someone/be married).

Here are some screenshots of a scene in Rick and Morty that seems to back up this theory. The one eyed men existing on the moon and watching what is happening on earth. They show them with one eye and they then clearly show that they are actual asses:

SkepticCat

Veteran
This is a deeply flawed hypothesis. Many people are content with being single and are not 'constantly looking for a mate', nor would these insane people base their imagery on such a mundane concept - they're insane, but they're not inane. This existence is not about mating and procreation, especially not to spiritually-minded people (which this group appears to be, no matter how warped their concept of spirituality).

Truthor

Rookie
This is a deeply flawed hypothesis. Many people are content with being single and are not 'constantly looking for a mate', nor would these insane people base their imagery on such a mundane concept - they're insane, but they're not inane. This existence is not about mating and procreation, especially not to spiritually-minded people (which this group appears to be, no matter how warped their concept of spirituality).
I completely agree with you. There is nothing better than being a content single. BUT the whole idea of falling in love with someone is romantic. The idea of committing yourself to one other person and the each of you giving your all to the other. It just is what is is and there may be something to the rules of this place that say if you do so, you're given some special powers or two eyes vs one, which is what I'm theorizing.

mecca

Superstar
exactly

mecca

Superstar
Do you know what a cat even is?
A small domesticated carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractile claws. It is widely kept as a pet or for catching mice, and many breeds have been developed.

TMT

Star
A small domesticated carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractile claws. It is widely kept as a pet or for catching mice, and many breeds have been developed.
Lots of people have really ignorant and superstitious views on cats, e.g they harm pregnant women intentionally.

mecca

Superstar
Lots of people have really ignorant and superstitious views on cats, e.g they harm pregnant women intentionally.
That's odd, I haven't heard of that one lol. Cats are great animals, it's sad that some people are superstitious of them.

TMT

Star
That's odd, I haven't heard of that one lol. Cats are great animals, it's sad that some people are superstitious of them.
They are, I like them better than dogs because you can't train them or make them submit, they just do themselves, also are beneficial because of rodent control.

TMT

Star
Interesting. There may be something to that. As in "taking it in the..." vs making love (using the proper hole) (I'm sorry if this post is offensive to anyone, I'm simply theorizing using stereotypes). The metaphor is that if you're showcasing yourself via "the industry", you are subject to the ridicule and fake love of the mass audience watching vs simply being watched by one other (if you are able to fall in love with someone/be married).

Here are some screenshots of a scene in Rick and Morty that seems to back up this theory. The one eyed men existing on the moon and watching what is happening on earth. They show them with one eye and they then clearly show that they are actual asses:

Please don't bring Rick and Morty into this stuff.

JoChris

Superstar
Before toxoplasmosis became widely known it is understandable why people became superstitious about cats and pregnant women. They can certainly give a nasty stare and some are more bad-tempered than others. http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/toxoplasmosis.html#
Second page explains terrible birth defects that can happen.