My critics to the "Believe in Science!" and Coronavac

DevaWolf

Veteran
Jesus is not a 'paranormal belief', he's JESUS..:)
In modern terms he was a solid flesh-and-blood alien visitor-
"I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

And used a "superscience" as his credentials-
"Though you do not believe me, believe the miracles" (John 10:38 )

And said he'd clue us in on things-
"i'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35)

Hey Spock will you listen to an alien visitor?

"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen, I'm all ears"
Then why does JESUS not manifest to everyone in the world as their saviour?

I mean before I got where I am I prayed sincerely plenty of times, but no JESUS showed himself to me. Guess I am not worthy enough or something. I mean either religion is a personal thing, or this JESUS doesn't care about a lot of us.

Tidal

Star
Then why does JESUS not manifest to everyone in the world as their saviour?
I mean before I got where I am I prayed sincerely plenty of times, but no JESUS showed himself to me. Guess I am not worthy enough or something. I mean either religion is a personal thing, or this JESUS doesn't care about a lot of us.
1- Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists etc DON'T WANT Jesus so he knows it'd be a complete waste of time manifesting himself to them..;)

2- Prayer is funny stuff, it might kick in so subtly that we might not even be aware of it, or it might take weeks/months/years to kick in.
Example- I once lived in a tower block in the midlands and although the view was magnificent for miles around, I couldn't see a single lake or river or duckpond anywhere, so I half-jokingly said "Oh God, I wish I could see a bit of water somewhere!"
About 10 years later I moved to Plymouth and can now see the Atlantic ocean from my window, perhaps God has got a sense of humour..:)

PS- I never consciously decided to move to Plymouth, it was as if a string of circumstances came up in my life that "engineered" me into moving, perhaps God is the engineer in our lives?..:)

DevaWolf

Veteran
1- Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists etc DON'T WANT Jesus so he knows it'd be a complete waste of time manifesting himself to them..;)

2- Prayer is funny stuff, it might kick in so subtly that we might not even be aware of it, or it might take weeks/months/years to kick in.
Example- I once lived in a tower block in the midlands and although the view was magnificent for miles around, I couldn't see a single lake or river or duckpond anywhere, so I half-jokingly said "Oh God, I wish I could see a bit of water somewhere!"
About 10 years later I moved to Plymouth and can now see the Atlantic ocean from my window, perhaps God has got a sense of humour..:)

PS- I never consciously decided to move to Plymouth, it was as if a string of circumstances came up in my life that "engineered" me into moving, perhaps God is the engineer in our lives?..:)
I appreciate that you did not reply to me as snarkily as I wrote my reply to you, but though I understand your point I fail to understand why there are more people like me who are sincere yet never had a sign from the Lord like so many seem to have had. I know the Bible says that sometimes you should believe without signs, but as the Bible makes no sense to me that would be impossible. And I then find it hard to believe there is such a thing as Jesus the saviour for all mankind.

Tidal

Star
I appreciate that you did not reply to me as snarkily as I wrote my reply to you, but though I understand your point I fail to understand why there are more people like me who are sincere yet never had a sign from the Lord like so many seem to have had..

Look at it another way mate-- perhaps God "engineered" you into coming into VC so that your spiritual progress would get a boost due to the positive vibes from the Christians in here?..:)

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Bible: Proverbs 7:17)

Maes17

Superstar
I appreciate that you did not reply to me as snarkily as I wrote my reply to you, but though I understand your point I fail to understand why there are more people like me who are sincere yet never had a sign from the Lord like so many seem to have had. I know the Bible says that sometimes you should believe without signs, but as the Bible makes no sense to me that would be impossible. And I then find it hard to believe there is such a thing as Jesus the saviour for all mankind.
Like you I think some take biblical context too literal.
Consider the time period it was written.

Just my opinion. I think the progression in modern science is God’s miracles for humanity as a whole.

All it takes is one group especially in power to give a negative context to something good

Maes17

Superstar
Look at it another way mate-- perhaps God "engineered" you into coming into VC so that your spiritual progress would get a boost due to the positive vibes from the Christians in here?..:)

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Bible: Proverbs 7:17)
You’re a quirky but likable guy Tidal. I appreciate your positive output.

Tidal

Star
You’re a quirky but likable guy Tidal. I appreciate your positive output.

Thanks mate, it's a trait most Christians have because we refuse to take the world seriously because our mindset is pitched a notch higher than the material world and we've therefore freed ourselves from its clutches..:)

"..we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)

Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune......God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Matt 11:16/17,Luke 4:18 )

Aero

Superstar
The blind loyalty to science that pervades our modern society isn't for Jung and Freud.

I'm working on an argument that blind loyalty is actually concealed disrespect or even contempt. And not contempt for the source, but contempt for the self. It's little more than the mind's attempt to reconcile some perceived weakness.

In other words, people don't want to be reminded of their own faults, so they will pretend people or systems have none.

Aero

Superstar
It's ironic that you said this because you proceed to psychoanalyze like them.
Ya, I'm one of the few who pays attention to psychology. Most people don't, because it's not the 1980's anymore.

Kaeya

Rookie
The blind loyalty to science that pervades our modern society isn't for Jung and Freud.

I'm working on an argument that blind loyalty is actually concealed disrespect or even contempt. And not contempt for the source, but contempt for the self. It's little more than the mind's attempt to reconcile some perceived weakness.

In other words, people don't want to be reminded of their own faults, so they will pretend people or systems have none.
that's a very interesting thought!

Noname

Rookie
@Mr.Anderson
So you are a farmacist, right? I would like to hear your opinion about Coronavac, if that's ok with you.
You see, I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I don't want to take the anti-covid vaccines since they are too new and weren't tested enough and so we can't possibily know if there will be side effects in the long run. I also don't trust Sinovac and you know well enough how things happened with Sinovac, the Butantan, Anvisa and the Calça Apertada.
The problem is that I'm a SUS worker and they are going to give us the shot today. I don't want to, but I'm afraid they won't let me work if I refuse it.
Do you think it is safe to take the Coronavac, scientifically speaking?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
@Mr.Anderson
Do you think it is safe to take the Coronavac, scientifically speaking?
I'd say it is safe-ish. Some SUS workers have taken it in my city and they're fine so far. From what i've observed it's almost the same case as COVID itself as you don't see trails of bodies on the streets like we were expecting, and we haven't yet seen it happening with the butantan vaccine. But then again, it's a bet.

I'll have to take it too, probably. It's just take it and pray for the best.

PT/BR

Eu diria que mais ou menos. Alguns funcionários do SUS aqui da minha cidade tomaram e até agora eles passam bem. Pelo o que eu observei é o mesmo caso do próprio covid, a gente não viu os amontoados de corpos nas ruas como era esperado e pelo menos ainda não vimos acontecer o mesmo com a vacina do butantan. Mas novamente, é uma aposta.

Provável que eu acabe tendo de tomar também. O jeito é tomar e rezar pelo melhor.

Noname

Rookie
I'd say it is safe-ish. Some SUS workers have taken it in my city and they're fine so far. From what i've observed it's almost the same case as COVID itself as you don't see trails of bodies on the streets like we were expecting, and we haven't yet seen it happening with the butantan vaccine. But then again, it's a bet.

I'll have to take it too, probably. It's just take it and pray for the best.

PT/BR

Eu diria que mais ou menos. Alguns funcionários do SUS aqui da minha cidade tomaram e até agora eles passam bem. Pelo o que eu observei é o mesmo caso do próprio covid, a gente não viu os amontoados de corpos nas ruas como era esperado e pelo menos ainda não vimos acontecer o mesmo com a vacina do butantan. Mas novamente, é uma aposta.

Provável que eu acabe tendo de tomar também. O jeito é tomar e rezar pelo melhor.
Thank you! Hopefully everyone will be alright, but I guess I guess only time can tell

Last edited:

Noname

Rookie
Just an update, but I just got the shot. I'm praying nothing bad will result from this.

Tidal

Star

Scientists have got the God-given gift of enquiring minds, burning with a desire to neatly explain and catalogue everything.
Therefore anything that can't be explained (like spiritual matters) makes them feel uneasy and uncomfortable which is why they attack religion..:)

The Agrarian

Veteran
To the OP, great topic. For real.

I hate to break it to the media mockingbirds but scientists are just as easy to bribe as politicians.

And lets say there are renowned scientists without back-room financial interests... to get the education that qualifies you as a Blue Checkmark™️ Credibility Priest you MUST jump through the idealogical hoops of academia.
Everybody has an angle.
Everybody speaks money.
Stop this sci-dolatry bs.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Update: Every elderly in my family including my parents have gotten vaccinated and are fine, nobody got autism lol.

Aero

Superstar
If people have to get vaccinated to stop being hysterical, then I'm all for it. That's not me selling out, BTW. I'm still more invested in the psyche of the world. On that note, clearly, the hysteria has been bad news. There is so much we could have been doing. Instead, we all sat around and waited for the magic to save us from Covid.

IDK about any of you, but I would rather risk some harm to myself if it literally saved someone's life. And that's the point some people miss about Jesus being in your life. Jesus would save anyone.

The Agrarian

Veteran
I believe it is premature to dismiss the OP. His point (and mine as well) is that our scientific establishment HAS BEEN WRONG and has a proven and current track record of LYING in coordination with mass media.

I'm not even talking about vaccines here. What I'm saying is I don't know who to believe and don't trust contradictory, well-funded liars.