Muse Eek

Music is specially ambiguous since when you're looking at somebody who's making use of a musical instrument, you don't think about God.

You rather think that the origin of the sound itself is the musical instrument whereas God Is The Only One Who Can Create such as a sound.

Also, Madonna sang that music makes the people come together, again contradicting that it's rather God The Creator and Assembler of all.

rainerann

Star
Well, still appreciating your input, but even then, i have this last thing to say to you

Love of this world is the root of all evil

It is a hadith in Bayhaqi’s Shuʿab al-Iman, traced back to al-Hasan al-Basri, who ascribes it to the Prophet, peace and blessings of God be upon him. The vast majority of the narrations from al-Hasan are considered authentic.
It has also been ascribed to the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him [Abu Nuʿaym, Hilya; Bayhaqi, Zuhd].

Does music promote love of this world?

Yes.
Well, yes and no. Music promotes what the author of the music seeks to persuade the audience that it promotes. Habits can be created with sounds or songs. Take the historical hymn "Be Thou My Vision"

If I were to hear this song, the love of the world is not promoted. If anything, I quickly go to a place where I start questioning whether I am doing everything in my power to serve God. It produces a habitual sort of conviction in me to hear this song.

However, it is the creation of habits while listening to music that does make us vulnerable as well. Take the subject of music and mind control today. Music has the potential to create habits so that when you hear a song, you automatically begin thinking a certain way.

This is why abstaining is beneficial because so many aspects of our spiritual lives while we are on this earth are dependent on habit formation. So if it is beneficial to maintain spiritual habits through abstaining from music. Although, everyone is different in this regard and so there is no way to create an absolute rule in this way. We can only respect that other people are trying to improve spiritual habits, while other people may not always feel they need to do the same.

Personally, I have had several periods of abstaining from media. Call them creative fasts if you will. I spent 40 days without TV or radio one time and I have given up listening to secular radio stations for the past three years now when it is my control. Sometimes I can't control it like when a store is playing secular music, but when it is my choice, I don't listen to secular music at all. So I know from this experience that there are plenty of examples of music that don't promote the love of the world and fasting was an important part of learning this.

In the Bible, there are many examples of songs that we are able to use to guide us in how music should be created, so that when we listen to music we are able to identify what can promote the love of the world and avoid this. One of my favorite songs in the Bible is the song of Moses in Deuteronomy 32.

Music is specially ambiguous since when you're looking at somebody who's making use of a musical instrument, you don't think about God.

You rather think that the origin of the sound itself is the musical instrument whereas God Is The Only One Who Can Create such as a sound.

Also, Madonna sang that music makes the people come together, again contradicting that it's rather God The Creator and Assembler of all.
Are you referring to pop/mainstream music industry because you seem to put all music in the same category.

I say this because my mother's family is/was musically inclined. My late grandfather would play his harmonica on the front step of his house and at the dining room table. Then there's my uncle who sings and plays guitar, used to belong to a musical group when he was younger but now that's he's retired, he plays with a few of friends and forwards the videos to me to watch and he just wants to share his passion. Actually, when visiting my grandparents, my mum used to sing along with my uncle and grandfather playing their instruments as she sang in a church choir. They're not perfect people, but I can tell you they're all/were god fearing, and I'm truly thankful to the Heavenly Father for providing me with those memories.

DeathlyHallows

Established
May I bring an old band in? Petra, doing God Have Rock and Roll to You! Look it up. Music makes the heart sing, as does God, faith, love, beauty. Footloose, what did David do? Danced before the lord. I'm paraphrasing n don't have a biblical reference. A world with out music, hell indeed!

He didn't.
The words of trusted narrators against yours then. I did my part and delivered the message to you all. Music is being used to propagate so many evils everyday and you know it.

Why would people even defend something that cannot do anything on its own?

It's a consciousness thing. Music takes that consciousness away from us without us realizing it.

Who Created our ears? God Almighty. Whatever has been Decreed for you to hear will eventually be heard sooner or later.

You don't need to go listen to some artist to hear whatever they want you to buy and hear. Sooner or later, God Will Make you hear it.

If music was good, it would have been free of charge. Those who make music wouldn't have charged a penny for it. But it's a material thing.

Who's Making your ears function properly at each and every second? God Almighty. Does He Make you pay for any of it? Not at all!

People no longer talk about God these days and the countless favors He Bestowed upon us without charging us anything.

Everything depends on God Almighty. You will not die until you have eaten the last morsel of food that has been Decreed for you to eat.

People nowadays think that they won't be able to survive if they don't have money, a house, or whatever.

We have forgotten that it's God Who's Keeping everything alive and existing at each and every second.

How did people lose this consciousness? Music and the money system around the world is responsible for it.

God Is Making everything grow, breathe and live at each and every moment. It's something that needs to be talked about as much as possible.

Open your eyes people. Stop this enslavement! God Will Send whatever you need all in due time. Do not fear to lose anything but Him.

You don't need to listen to no music to feel good and at peace! All you need is to remember God Almighty and that He Is Watching you.

He Is The Only One Who Can Create oxygen. He Is The Only One Who Can Permit your ears to function at each and every second.

Why would you have people who have ears but yet are deaf then? It's all so that we may be ever thankful to Him for the ears that He Gave us.

The main function of the ears is not to listen to mere creatures' words!

The main function of the ears is to hear about God's Greatness.

The main function of the mouth is to speak about God's Greatness.

The main function of the heart is to contain only God Almighty.

The main function of the hand is to serve God Almighty by helping the creation in whatever way one can.

The main function of the feet is to tread on the Straight Path at each and every moment that we walk.

The main function of the eyes is to contemplate the Greatness of Our Almighty Creator.

Wake up people from being enslaved by mere creatures!

Money cannot benefit you except if God Wills it to. God Does Not Depend on money so that you may obtain the things that you need.

Everything would still have come to you. You are only making use of the means. God Is The One Controlling you and Making you use it.

We can't do any thing on our own. Nothing can do anything on its own. This needs to be ingrained in the heart that nothing can do anything except if God Almighty Wills it to. Why would you see an evil being perpetrated? Simply so that you may pray that it ceases. If you can speak to the perpetrator to make him/her stop, then do so! If you can use your hands to stop him/her, then do so! Because he/she's nothing but a mere creature of God Almighty. He/she is in need of being reminded that God Exists and that he/she is not to act in such a way.

Choose to be God-Conscious at each and every moment.

Why do i have to go to Youtube and listen to my favorite artist? Why can't i just trust that God Will Make me hear whatever's good for me all in due time?

Why do i have to need any thing other than God Almighty?

Why do people have to need to have money? Everything that has been Decreed to be yours will surely come to you, all in due time. You only need to have faith and to believe and to do your real job, which is to worship God Almighty, speak to others about Him, and always be placing your trust in Him Only, not on mere creatures like money, job, human beings, or anything else. Everything's depending on Him. Be on the lookout to always help whatever's around you at any moment.

May God Guide us all. Amen.

Last edited:

Lady

Star
Well, @DeathlyHallows ,
It does make one wonder the origin of the anti-music philosophy when the Bible is chock-full of examples and instructions to sing and make music unto the Most High.
One need only do a quick Google search on the topic to realize that music is God-given for the purpose of praise.

The words of trusted narrators against yours then. I did my part and delivered the message to you all. Music is being used to propagate so many evils everyday and you know it.

Why would people even defend something that cannot do anything on its own?

It's a consciousness thing. Music takes that consciousness away from us without us realizing it.

Who Created our ears? God Almighty. Whatever has been Decreed for you to hear will eventually be heard sooner or later.

You don't need to go listen to some artist to hear whatever they want you to buy and hear. Sooner or later, God Will Make you hear it.

If music was good, it would have been free of charge. Those who make music wouldn't have charged a penny for it. But it's a material thing.

Who's Making your ears function properly at each and every second? God Almighty. Does He Make you pay for any of it? Not at all!

People no longer talk about God these days and the countless favors He Bestowed upon us without charging us anything.

Everything depends on God Almighty. You will not die until you have eaten the last morsel of food that has been Decreed for you to eat.

People nowadays think that they won't be able to survive if they don't have money, a house, or whatever.

We have forgotten that it's God Who's Keeping everything alive and existing at each and every second.

How did people lose this consciousness? Music and the money system around the world is responsible for it.

God Is Making everything grow, breathe and live at each and every moment. It's something that needs to be talked about as much as possible.

Open your eyes people. Stop this enslavement! God Will Send whatever you need all in due time. Do not fear to lose anything but Him.

You don't need to listen to no music to feel good and at peace! All you need is to remember God Almighty and that He Is Watching you.

He Is The Only One Who Can Create oxygen. He Is The Only One Who Can Permit your ears to function at each and every second.

Why would you have people who have ears but yet are deaf then? It's all so that we may be ever thankful to Him for the ears that He Gave us.

The main function of the ears is not to listen to mere creatures' words!

The main function of the ears is to hear about God's Greatness.

The main function of the mouth is to speak about God's Greatness.

The main function of the heart is to contain only God Almighty.

The main function of the hand is to serve God Almighty by helping the creation in whatever way one can.

The main function of the feet is to tread on the Straight Path at each and every moment that we walk.

The main function of the eyes is to contemplate the Greatness of Our Almighty Creator.

Wake up people from being enslaved by mere creatures!

Money cannot benefit you except if God Wills it to. God Does Not Depend on money so that you may obtain the things that you need.

Everything would still have come to you. You are only making use of the means. God Is The One Controlling you and Making you use it.

We can't do any thing on our own. Nothing can do anything on its own. This needs to be ingrained in the heart that nothing can do anything except if God Almighty Wills it to. Why would you see an evil being perpetrated? Simply so that you may pray that it ceases. If you can speak to the perpetrator to make him/her stop, then do so! If you can use your hands to stop him/her, then do so! Because he/she's nothing but a mere creature of God Almighty. He/she is in need of being reminded that God Exists and that he/she is not to act in such a way.

Choose to be God-Conscious at each and every moment.

Why do i have to go to Youtube and listen to my favorite artist? Why can't i just trust that God Will Make me hear whatever's good for me all in due time?

Why do i have to need any thing other than God Almighty?

Why do people have to need to have money? Everything that has been Decreed to be yours will surely come to you, all in due time. You only need to have faith and to believe and to do your real job, which is to worship God Almighty, speak to others about Him, and always be placing your trust in Him Only, not on mere creatures like money, job, human beings, or anything else. Everything's depending on Him. Be on the lookout to always help whatever's around you at any moment.

May God Guide us all. Amen.
Jazakallahu khair.

Anas bin Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“Whoever makes the Hereafter his goal, Allah makes his heart rich, and organizes his affairs, and the world comes to him whether it wants to or not. And whoever makes the world his goal, Allah puts his poverty right before his eyes, and disorganizes his affairs, and the world does not come to him, except what has been decreed for him.”

Al-Imam Al-‘Alamah Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyah(751H) said: Whenever a person wakes up in the morning or goes out in the evening making Allah’s Pleasure his goal, Allah facilitates his needs and takes cares of everything he wants. The servant who places love for Allah in his heart, His remembrance on his tongue and obedience to Him on his body parts day and night Allah takes care of his wants and wishes.

...Further reading

...Further reading
Good read, Alhamdulillah, Jazaakumullah Khayr fid dunya wal Aakhirah!

Well, @DeathlyHallows ,
It does make one wonder the origin of the anti-music philosophy when the Bible is chock-full of examples and instructions to sing and make music unto the Most High.
One need only do a quick Google search on the topic to realize that music is God-given for the purpose of praise.
Yeah, if music was such a good thing, why would you see them propagate all of their filthiness constantly through it.

You hear more blasphemies being uttered through music than through anything else.

It all started with ''lovely innocent'' songs during the old days. And now look where we've come and what music promotes everyday to us all.

Haich

Superstar
Religion aside, I don't listen to music at all. I find it disturbs the peace of my heart and my husband doesn't listen to it either. I guess we're just boring people lol

It's been about 5 years now since I stopped and honestly I feel so at peace; also modern music is just vile so I don't feel like I'm missing out. My friends all listen to old school tunes, but I just don't gravitate towards it.

Religion aside, I don't listen to music at all. I find it disturbs the peace of my heart and my husband doesn't listen to it either. I guess we're just boring people lol

It's been about 5 years now since I stopped and honestly I feel so at peace; also modern music is just vile so I don't feel like I'm missing out. My friends all listen to old school tunes, but I just don't gravitate towards it.
Alhamdulilllah! Glad that you're as such! May Allahu Ta'ala Keep on Protecting you from the harms of music.

Some people have come to the point where they utter words like music is my life or i can't live without music.

Those are all blasphemies. It clearly shows that they've forgotten God Almighty, The One Responsible for existence itself. It's just really sad.

I've realised to when reading or listening to Quran it's impossible to really digest it if you listen to music just as much...
That's the hypocrisy mentioned as in this hadith:

"Singing makes hypocrisy to grow in the heart like water makes herbs grow." (Al-Baihaqi 10/223 and Abu Dawud no. 4927).

When you've listened to music you don't realize it but when comes the time to pray, you no longer feel like it.

That's the hypocrisy that is generated in the heart without us even realizing it. It is indeed a spell since it feels good but yet is really evil.