Movies you'd like to see covered

Carolyn

Star
12 Monkeys the series not the film as the series has so much more to it. Its mostly about time travel although theres a lot of weird stuff going on aside from that. I wouldnt wat to say too much inn case I spoil it for anyone bbuts its an interesting series. it would be nice to hear another perspective on it!!

mecca

Superstar
"Get Out" could of been such a good movie. It had some great scenes, but they ruined the whole revenge act. Not to spoil it, but he gets out pretty damn easily. They overplayed the whole hypnosis angle.
Yeah the movie built up slowly but rushed the ending.

SkepticCat

Veteran
"Get Out" could of been such a good movie. It had some great scenes, but they ruined the whole revenge act. Not to spoil it, but he gets out pretty damn easily. They overplayed the whole hypnosis angle.

It's basically about Mk Ultra but they had to make an actual plot to have a movie. And everyone comes off way too robotic, to the point where they all seem dumb. I would think that fact is cool, if the title of the movie was. "Get Out of Mk Ultra". So people actually knew what it's about.
Maybe it's just me (or not) but I'd find it inappropriate watching a movie about that subject for my entert[r]aintment knowing it happens in real life. I would not enjoy one minute of that. Actually, I think it would be much better to go torch the White House than go to the movies.

Yeah, this whole discussion is bizarre.

Aero

Superstar
I watched them for education purposes. And if i'm entertained it's by accident

And what about that movie "Under Siege". The Mk Ultra references are real subtle, but if you know them all. You will find them

Qedr

Rookie

It's basically about Mk Ultra but they had to make an actual plot to have a movie. And everyone comes off way too robotic, to the point where they all seem dumb. I would think that fact is cool, if the title of the movie was. "Get Out of Mk Ultra". So people actually knew what it's about.
I think the same - Get Out should be covered as an MK Ultra movie. Yeah, everyone is robotic, but on purpose.
I think that it contains MK Ultra handler/slave hierarchy very well covered. IMO only the grandfathers were not the slaves. The parents of Rose were surely the handlers (the scene by the table, when mother was controlling Jeremy who was poking Chris a little bit too much). On the other hand they were indoctrinated by the grandfather, so the slavery aspect shows in their mindset. Rose and Jeremy were surely the slaves. The scene when Rod and Rose were talking on phone about Chris "missing" was the proof that Rose was surely enslaved - she started seducing Rod so lousy, he just shouted "That bitch's genius!". I suppose that she did it on purpose cause she had wanted help for Chris (previously she stated he had been one of her favorites).

I'm amazed how consistent this film was (yeah, maybe except the typical slasher ending, but it wasn't that bad to ruin the whole movie). And MK Ultra plot is so visible to those who "see". It's also pushing the transhuman agenda, yet with a different style than for example Ghost in the Shell. I think that whole racism/eugenics was just a facade for stated above.

By the way, yesterday I watched - again - Demolition Man from '93 starring S. Stallone, S. Bullock and W. Snipes. That movie was daaamn down with agenda! Just look: the near utopian future, where everyone is chipped and tracked, rebuilt on previous world's ruins under a new order. Sounds similar? Add mind control, when Simon Phoenix is taught things he would never be able to learn in the past. Also he is handled by Cocteau (cannot kill him when he got the occassion - he eventually manages to do it but not by himself). Add cashless payments which excluded some people from life, such as the rebels from underneath. Add the destruction of family and sexuality of people. I was shocked when I saw this :eek:

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I think the same - Get Out should be covered as an MK Ultra movie. Yeah, everyone is robotic, but on purpose.
I think that it contains MK Ultra handler/slave hierarchy very well covered. IMO only the grandfathers were not the slaves. The parents of Rose were surely the handlers (the scene by the table, when mother was controlling Jeremy who was poking Chris a little bit too much). On the other hand they were indoctrinated by the grandfather, so the slavery aspect shows in their mindset. Rose and Jeremy were surely the slaves. The scene when Rod and Rose were talking on phone about Chris "missing" was the proof that Rose was surely enslaved - she started seducing Rod so lousy, he just shouted "That bitch's genius!". I suppose that she did it on purpose cause she had wanted help for Chris (previously she stated he had been one of her favorites).

I'm amazed how consistent this film was (yeah, maybe except the typical slasher ending, but it wasn't that bad to ruin the whole movie). And MK Ultra plot is so visible to those who "see". It's also pushing the transhuman agenda, yet with a different style than for example Ghost in the Shell. I think that whole racism/eugenics was just a facade for stated above.
Yes. When Rose charges out the house with the hunting rifle I slapped my head. I mean it's not that I don't "get" it. I just think it was dumb and placed in the movie so randomly. But I don't think we should condemn these type of Movies. We should use them to learn and try to open other peoples eyes. That's all we can really do.

Qedr

Rookie
Yes. When Rose charges out the house with the hunting rifle I slapped my head. I mean it's not that I don't "get" it. I just think it was dumb and placed in the movie so randomly. But I don't think we should condemn these type of Movies. We should use them to learn and try to open other peoples eyes. That's all we can really do.
By the way, it was quite a good movie ;) and I agree with you... mostly. I mean, why is it shown to us? Is it the desire of director who tries to warn us by making a movie with plot containing disguised agenda? Or maybe it's the desire of producers in charge of someone who tries to affect our subconsciousness and make us embrace the (again) disguised agenda?

Aero

Superstar
By the way, it was quite a good movie ;) and I agree with you... mostly. I mean, why is it shown to us? Is it the desire of director who tries to warn us by making a movie with plot containing disguised agenda? Or maybe it's the desire of producers in charge of someone who tries to affect our subconsciousness and make us embrace the (again) disguised agenda?
I liked it. And I doubt there was much of an agenda, I think they just make Mk Ultra movies now to seem hip.

If you really think about it though. There are some similarities with the "Wizard of Oz". But it was done on accident if you ask me, it's like the producers own subconscious programming coming out. I forget all the character names but they are kind of like characters from Oz. The maid seems to lack courage. Most of them seem to lack brains, and Rose clearly goes into "tin man" heartless mode.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Did you watch the alternate ending? No go so good for him in that one...
From the mind of Jordan Peele of Key & Peele fame. Not bad for a first film project. If nothing else it was ambitious. Another one to check out is Split with james Mcavoy and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Get Out and Split, two independent movies outperformed most everything else Hollywood did last year. That's cause Hollywood has a serious bad movie problem. I posted an article about it on here somewhere...
Here are a few I think would be worth looking into for VC: -The Lords of Salem-31-Race With the Devil-The Satanic Rites of Dracula-Halloween III: Season of the Witch
No offense, but all of those are so overt that it would be like shooting fish in a barrel...
A movie I saw just recently also made me think of MK Ultra type programming: The Cure For Wellness http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4731136/?ref_=nv_sr_1
I watched it the other night. It was basically as if Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now and H. P. Lovecraft had a lovechild. Still, pretty decent for what it was even if it is a bit long...

Last edited:

CM1288

Stephen King's "It" would probably be a good one, I saw it last night and there's a lot that can probably be said about it. "Black Mirror" (Netflix show) would be ridiculously easy but perhaps worth it.

CM1288

Stephen King's "It" would probably be a good one, I saw it last night and there's a lot that can probably be said about it. "Black Mirror" (Netflix show) would be ridiculously easy but perhaps worth it.
As a follow up to my post, look at this image

Pennywise (the clown) is holding an upside down balloon pyramid, and the three sides have six balloons - 666.

Attachments

lamb

Established
i hope tv shows count, supernatural would be great.

it's super biblical which i never knew until looking into scripture myself. they have pagan gods, nephilim, the whole 'fallen angels' thing, mark of cain, pentagrams, crowley, (whoever the writer is read the book of enoch) abbadon in revelations, so much more

i really loved that show when i was watching it but now looking back... it gives me eerie vibes knowing all the references.
one thing is weird is they made castiel the 'new god'. he was just a messenger before. and the Most High in the bible is some comic book writer. absolutely not

TC1968

Established
The Brood - David Cronenberg - Those murderous little robotic kids never fail to creep me out.
Phantasm - Don Coscarelli - Disassociation, dream logic, but there is also hints of darker things just under the surface
Phobia - John Huston - This one is probably going to be hard to find, it's also not a very good movie.
Neighbors - The Belushi/Aykroyd movie, not the recent one. There is something really skrewed up about this movie, that you can't quite put your finger on. Lots of hints of Nazism etc.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
That series is pretty awesome. Award winning audio and kick ass animation...
All 3 seasons are on YouTube...

Last edited:

Major Blood

Rookie
As mentioned in my Thora Birch thread, movies like Ghost World would be great to analyze...

Even without the Birch connection, Ghost World is based on a graphic novel that has VC-relevant themes...

It's the story of a young girl disassociating from reality, due to a weird upbringing, otherworldly thoughts, insecurities, twisted advice from adults, etc...

She starts advancing through life on a distorted time line, befriending reclusive old men, turning to alcohol and complaining that she is "sexually frustrated".

The protagonist Enid also fixates on esoteric blues music from the 20s, at times becoming hypnotized by it.

Eventually, she leaves her normal friends and chooses to live in a twilight world inhabited by ghostly, anachronistic old men (the Ghost World)...

Strangely enough, there are a lot of parallels to True Detective on HBO. The second season in particular.

It would be amazing if anyone just analyzed this movie in the context of Birch's career. Drawing further connections to True Detective may be too much to ask...

Enid's friend: "So, what do you do if you're a Satanist?"
Enid: "Sacrifice virgins and stuff".

Old man friend: "Are we, in slow motion here? C'mon, what are you, hypnotized? Have some more kids, why don't you."

"You know what my number one fantasy used to be? I used to think about one day, just not telling anyone, and going off to some random place. And I'd just... disappear. And they'd never see me again. Did you ever think about stuff like that?"

Last edited: