Modern-day slavery

z gharib

Veteran

Awoken2

Superstar
I read somewhere recently that over an average lifetime a person will pay 64% of their total income in taxes So we work our entire lives to keep 36% of our income.

The contract of citizenship is created when our births are registered and we are issued a birth certificate which now turns us from people into subjects.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/citizen

This Is how a subject is seen in the eyes of our owners.....

bring (a person or country) under one's control or jurisdiction, typically by using force.

The thing is though, the contract of citizenship is formed by breaking one of the maxims of law. For any contract to be valid BOTH parties must have full disclosure of the terms of that contract. How can you agree to any contract when you are new born? You can't, so they trick our parents into "registering" us on our behalves.

And another wage slave is created.

Karlysymon

Superstar
How bout' working for others in general?
The golden handcuffs:)
wage slavery= renting yourself.
Sometimes, we don't have a choice. In case of a natural disaster, losing your independence and you have no choice but to "rent yourself out". Which means that the more engineered disasters there are, the more "they" disable.

Although, this also makes me wonder if this was the ulterior/ultimate end-game if the Industrial Revolution. The transition from an agricultural-based economy to an industrialized economy had people walking away from the land and into buildings. Thus only a handful of people remained self-sufficient. Yes, the serfs in the Middle ages had to answer to a lord but I think we've given our contemporary lords too much power in exchange for trinkets.

Eco-commune flourishes as Greek economy withers

Last edited: