Mixed Race Marriages in the South

peridot

Established
The premise of this is interesting but erroneous. If the "south" was serious about not "race mixing," they should have left those "different raced" people back in the countries they took them from, and never had so many babies with them. Cruelty is always short sighted and never ends well.

But it is interesting that the title says "marriages" not babies, although it is clearly the offspring that everyone else is discussing. It sounds like the real problem the OP wants to discuss may be more about a change from torture where mixing was clearly and rapidly done, to something "more acceptable."

Now for all those talking about the lost of culture, that's not the problem of the marriage -- that's a problem of the people. You can not lose what you really want to keep. Any culture lost is specifically because people who have that culture have, either voluntarily or under duress, decided not to practice it anymore, or to share it with others. How often have we seen and heard popular culture spin tales of first or second generation immigrants as children who desperately wanted to fit into the new culture where they currently lived? It wasn't their marriages to the other first and second graders that made them smuggle clothes to school and change, or throw their "ethnic" lunches in the trash before their classmates could see them, or cringe and hide in a back room when their parents spoke their native tongue. But it definitely may have had a lot more to do with that current culture's tendency to denigrate anything different from itself (and the fact that most kids attempt to reject their home identities at some point during their development for something "more exciting").

Also, especially nowaday, people seem a lot more interested in learning about cultures different themselves. They will try food from different places, take classes to learn the history and art, spend money to visit these places, etc. If the culture is there, I guarantee someone will eventually be interested in it, even if not the people from whom it originally sprang.

peridot

Established
I believe God created different nations, each with their own strengths and weakness, talents, etc as an expression of his being. Yes we are all humans and bleed the same, but we are all different in many ways. Before mixing, every nation had a distinct way of dress, music, etc and there was honor in that. It's only in the melting pot called the U.S., and in other countries that are diverse, that you see a blurring of the lines and therefore culture is slowing fading.

Also through mixing, you see a certain "look" becoming more desirable to the point that all people are starting to look and dress the same. If you don't look that way naturally, some will even wear extensions and do their makeup to line up with the modern beauty standard. Men are falling for this too. In more ways than one, we are becoming that mixed nation of people that built the tower of Babel.

I have respect for and love all people, but I personally would never date outside of my nation.

This is partially true, Pumkinspice. God created ONE nation, or more specifically one man and one woman, from whom everyone else came. They made decisions based on their own poor choices to separate (one dude killed his brother and had to flee the area, another one killed some else and bragged to his two wives, a whole region decided to defy God and set up new religion, etc), and God allowed it. Even helped them out with some new languages at the tower of Babel. But that was not how He originally designed it.

It is true that different cultures and countries are different. But that's because people themselves are different. Everyone who has siblings knows that. And in many cases, these countries and cultures appeared because the people who had the strongest influence had the ability to attract others that had some of those same similarities, and they all tended to group together in the same places. Those who already lived there either had to accept the will of the dominate, or leave.

The real issue is not that some people do things the same or different things, but why. And is this "thing" a good thing?

polymoog

Superstar
Here you come with the strawmen.....
dima never posted anything about being "worthless". That poster called you guys out over your open racism. Instead of addressing that fact, you attempted to assign a false narrative in order to have your bullying moment.

i had no idea you were in 5th density and could read her mind and know what she meant. mere mortals like myself only interpret what it typed. she said she felt "so awkward and sad". i responded directly, however tartly. there was no bullying. read my mind and youll know.

As a matter of fact, dima asserted his or her identity strongly by clearly stating that the poster embraces BOTH of their cultures.

so? there are laws about the percentage of american indian blood one can be to get certain benefits in canada and the US-- are these laws "racist"? it seems that there is a cut off point where heritage becomes too diluted to mean much, doesnt it?
koncrete mind covered the rest of what i had to say on this. no sense of restating it.

They know themself much better than you do obviously and posted here to include their perspective in the shared dialog.

i didnt stop this person from expressing their view, of which they have every right.

You proceeded to insult the poster by:
- Claiming their cultures are "watered down"

true.

- Dismissing their assertions of self

dima dismissed her/his own self worth. ones culture and heritage is important and meaningful, but it does not determine the value of the individual. anyone should know that.

- Assigning a false narrative to them
- Ordering them to cease behavior which they never exhibited in the first place

"order"?
did she/he say, "i felt sad and awkward"? this is an adult forum, not a support group for depressed mixed races. grow a pair (of whatever... and for whatever gender). i refuse to coddle anyone. if you cant take the heat...

- Posting a ridiculously off-topic Airplane movie gif of a hysterical person being slapped

obviously you didnt get it.

You have really shown your true colors lately.

you already used that line with desert rose, didnt you?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Well I rather deal with reality and not your feelings. Reality says that while Brent Barry and other white players were and are athletic, the most athletic, (meaning those that were the fastest and jumped the highest) were and are black. Brent Barry winning ONE dunk contest doesnt mean he jumped as high, was as fast as, or was as quick as someone like Vince Carter, Michael Jordan or Lebron James. Your feelings does not change that reality/fact. And Brent Barry can be more athletic than another black person while simultaneously not being as athletic as the most athletic players in the NBA.

The top athletic players are black and that illustrates that no, not all bloodlines (no such thing as race) are the same. Certain bloodlines have certain things going for/against them but since the elite is trying to build the new NWO, they want to pretend as if we are all supposed to be the same and we're all supposed to be living amongst each other. We're not. We had different cultures/languages for a reason and that was to keep us apart until (insert spiritual ideology that doesnt have a place in this thread)....
Feelings? Brent Barry was OBVIOUSLY the most athletic dude on the court that day because he WON THE CONTEST.
Did you see his winning dunk? He won because he literally JUMPED THE HIGHEST AND LONGEST of the competitors. The announcers LITERALLY ANNOUNCED THAT HE JUMPED FURTHER THAN JORDAN DID.
In the NBA, the majority of the talent is African-American, and we have already discussed why. Its the same reason as why most of the talent in the NHL is white, and it aint due to genetics.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Here you come with the strawmen.....
dima never posted anything about being "worthless". That poster called you guys out over your open racism. Instead of addressing that fact, you attempted to assign a false narrative in order to have your bullying moment.

i had no idea you were in 5th density and could read her mind and know what she meant. mere mortals like myself only interpret what it typed. she said she felt "so awkward and sad". i responded directly, however tartly. there was no bullying. read my mind and youll know.

As a matter of fact, dima asserted his or her identity strongly by clearly stating that the poster embraces BOTH of their cultures.

so? there are laws about the percentage of american indian blood one can be to get certain benefits in canada and the US-- are these laws "racist"? it seems that there is a cut off point where heritage becomes too diluted to mean much, doesnt it?
koncrete mind covered the rest of what i had to say on this. no sense of restating it.

They know themself much better than you do obviously and posted here to include their perspective in the shared dialog.

i didnt stop this person from expressing their view, of which they have every right.

You proceeded to insult the poster by:
- Claiming their cultures are "watered down"

true.

- Dismissing their assertions of self

dima dismissed her/his own self worth. ones culture and heritage is important and meaningful, but it does not determine the value of the individual. anyone should know that.

- Assigning a false narrative to them
- Ordering them to cease behavior which they never exhibited in the first place

"order"?
did she/he say, "i felt sad and awkward"? this is an adult forum, not a support group for depressed mixed races. grow a pair (of whatever... and for whatever gender). i refuse to coddle anyone. if you cant take the heat...

- Posting a ridiculously off-topic Airplane movie gif of a hysterical person being slapped

obviously you didnt get it.

You have really shown your true colors lately.

you already used that line with desert rose, didnt you?
"i had no idea you were in 5th density and could read her mind and know what she meant."
I didnt need to read their mind, I simply read the words they posted. The rest of what you posted is an incoherent mishmash of word salad so I will just leave it alone. In the words of Apu.... "Thank you, come again!"

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
And when/if Dima marries a person of a third culture, he/she will pass down three cultures to his/her child? And then the child will carry three cultures with him/her as he/she marries a person of say a 4th culture? It shouldnt be insulting to believe that adding cultures to a pot, waters them down...
Water is what waters something down....... cultures add to the flavor.

Feelings? Brent Barry was OBVIOUSLY the most athletic dude on the court that day because he WON THE CONTEST.
Did you see his winning dunk? He won because he literally JUMPED THE HIGHEST AND LONGEST of the competitors.
Yea, its not a "who jumps the highest/longest" contest but a dunk contest. He won because he had the best dunks on that night, not because he was the most athletic.

The announcers LITERALLY ANNOUNCED THAT HE JUMPED FURTHER THAN JORDAN DID.
And that would be false

Not only did he jump from the same if not further than Barry, but he did it with more flare. And even if Barry jumped from further out, the announcers would NEVER say that Brent Barry was more athletic than Jordan.

In the NBA, the majority of the talent is African-American, and we have already discussed why. Its the same reason as why most of the talent in the NHL is white, and it aint due to genetics.
The debate is about whether or not there are differences in athleticism between black and white people. I said in the NBA, since professional sports is the best way we could possibly measure this, the most athletic NBA players are black and that not one white player is as athletic as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'neal, Lebron James etc.... You've turned it into me saying that white people arent, or cant be athletic and that Brent Barry was not athletic.

Plenty of white people play basketball. Plenty of black people do not play hockey. But we're not talking about numbers in the sport(s), but if/why the most athletic players in the NBA are black. Brent Barry won a dunk contest, but he's not considered a top athletic player in the NBA and the fact that you're actually trying to make that argument, shows that either dont watch basketball or you dont understand what you're seeing when you watch it..

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yea, its not a "who jumps the highest/longest" contest but a dunk contest. He won because he had the best dunks on that night, not because he was the most athletic.

And that would be false

Not only did he jump from the same if not further than Barry, but he did it with more flare. And even if Barry jumped from further out, the announcers would NEVER say that Brent Barry was more athletic than Jordan.

The debate is about whether or not there are differences in athleticism between black and white people. I said in the NBA, since professional sports is the best way we could possibly measure this, the most athletic NBA players are black and that not one white player is as athletic as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'neal, Lebron James etc.... You've turned it into me saying that white people arent, or cant be athletic and that Brent Barry was not athletic.

Plenty of white people play basketball. Plenty of black people do not play hockey. But we're not talking about numbers in the sport(s), but if/why the most athletic players in the NBA are black. Brent Barry won a dunk contest, but he's not considered a top athletic player in the NBA and the fact that you're actually trying to make that argument, shows that either dont watch basketball or you dont understand what you're seeing when you watch it..
I get it.... you feel genetically inferior to people of color, black people in specific. So much so that you refuse to believe your own lying eyes. God made you that way, was he punishing you?

I get it.... you feel genetically inferior to people of color, black people in specific. So much so that you refuse to believe your own lying eyes. God made you that way, was he punishing you?
I deal with logic not emotion Miss. If you want to google "most athletic NBA players" and find me someone that puts ANY of the players you've brought up in their list, then your point could be halfway considered serious. Other than that, this is all a case of you lying to yourself, and not even being someone who watches basketball...

And yes, God made black people the way they are and made white people the way they are. He didnt make them to be the exact same the way the NWO obsessed elite would have you believe

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No. People with German, Native American, Irish, and Spanish ancestry cannot possibly pass all the cultures down to their children the same as an individual from one these cultures alone could. It would be watered down when the child receives it.
Except that they already do what you say cannot be done. Every single day.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I deal with logic not emotion Miss. If you want to google "most athletic NBA players" and find me someone that puts ANY of the players you've brought up in their list, then your point could be halfway considered serious. Other than that, this is all a case of you lying to yourself, and not even being someone who watches basketball...

And yes, God made black people the way they are and made white people the way they are. He didnt make them to be the exact same the way the NWO obsessed elite would have you believe
"Miss"?
Im obviously a man. You are stooping to insults now because you arguments have been shredded for everyone here to see for themselves.
You feel frightened and threatened by what you perceive as genetically superior humans whom happen to be of a different color. So what?

"Miss"?
Im obviously a man. You are stooping to insults now because you arguments have been shredded for everyone here to see for themselves.
You feel frightened and threatened by what you perceive as genetically superior humans whom happen to be of a different color. So what?
No you're a faceless poster on a forum. I always assumed you were a female because of "Tempest" as I knew a female named Tempest. I stick to the subject, not namecalling...

If my arguments have been shredded why dont you find me a list that names Brent Barry as one of the most athletic NBA players of all time? Or Steve Nash? Or whoever else you named? Because that would go alot further than words coming from someone who doesnt even watch basketball (you)...

polymoog

Superstar
"Miss"?
wait-- i also thought you were a female.
if it makes you feel better, i thought trenton was a woman and elsbet was a guy... i might still have a few mispegged with the wrong sex even now. ill apologize as they come up.

polymoog

Superstar
Water is what waters something down....... cultures add to the flavor.
heres a little test for you. go to your local booger king or mcdonalds and get a large drink cup. then go over to the soda machine and spray in a little of everything they have. taste it and tell me if you can distinguish the flavors.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No you're a faceless poster on a forum. I always assumed you were a female because of "Tempest" as I knew a female named Tempest. I stick to the subject, not namecalling...

If my arguments have been shredded why dont you find me a list that names Brent Barry as one of the most athletic NBA players of all time? Or Steve Nash? Or whoever else you named? Because that would go alot further than words coming from someone who doesnt even watch basketball (you)...
I have been on here long enough that Im quite sure you are aware I am male. Its just another pathetic excuse, like most of your posts. Have fun being the weakest link in humanities chain, you seem to revel in it!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nope. Culture is too nuanced for a person who has the ancestry of four different nationalities to celebrate each culture the same as a person from one of them.
Thats why there are professors who specialize in cultures other than their own right? You are lame and so is your troll game.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
wait-- i also thought you were a female.
if it makes you feel better, i thought trenton was a woman and elsbet was a guy... i might still have a few mispegged with the wrong sex even now. ill apologize as they come up.
No you didnt. But what else should I expect from a troll-tastic account on here lol

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
heres a little test for you. go to your local booger king or mcdonalds and get a large drink cup. then go over to the soda machine and spray in a little of everything they have. taste it and tell me if you can distinguish the flavors.
A worthless attempt at an analogy.