missing responses

peridot

Established
Quick question to the community:
Have you ever posted a comment, either to the forums or to the articles,
see it from the time you press "post" until you refresh or leave the page,
and then have it >>disappear<<<?

(ones that didn't violate any rules or guidelines)

Have you ever seen them several days later, or never again?

mecca

Superstar
That hasn't happened to me... but if your comment disappeared on one of the articles then it was most likely caught by a moderation filter.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
That hasn't happened to me... but if your comment disappeared on one of the articles then it was most likely caught by a moderation filter.
So are there moderation filters or actual mods here? If there are mods, whom are they? Who were they in the past?

The Zone

Star
For the longest time, members moderated themselves with some occasional help on major issues from VC and it worked. Not so much in the past year or so... Mods were abandoned by VC after some incidents in forums past. It is not easy to find people truly objectionable.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
For the longest time, members moderated themselves with some occasional help on major issues from VC and it worked. Not so much in the past year or so... Mods were abandoned by VC after some incidents in forums past. It is not easy to find people truly objectionable.
Incidents involving site members/moderators "Hex" & "Grey Sanity/Loki"?

mecca

Superstar
So are there moderation filters or actual mods here? If there are mods, whom are they? Who were they in the past?
There are no mods on the forum (except VC himself) but I'm pretty sure there is a moderator or a mod filter on the normal website because one of my comments was caught by that. I don't know about the past, I only found VC's website a couple of years ago and I've only used this forum.

Last edited: