Minneapolis City Council unanimously votes to ABOLISH its police department and replace it with a community-led public safety system - while NYC leade

justjess

Superstar
Yes. They’re generally known for trying to convince everyone there is a reason for their job to exist.
Your a real fun one huh? There’s more of a reason for social workers then there is for half the dumbass jobs out there but keep telling yourself that. Hope you never encounter a life problem where your shown that personally.

Lurker

Star
Your a real fun one huh? There’s more of a reason for social workers then there is for half the dumbass jobs out there but keep telling yourself that. Hope you never encounter a life problem where your shown that personally.
I'm sure the help we got from DOH, fell in the category of social work.

justjess

Superstar
I'm sure the help we got from DOH, fell in the category of social work.
DOH?

a lot of help people get is from social workers, they just don’t realize it. And I’d much prefer a social worker showing up at my house if I’m having a crisis then an armed trigger happy cop.

The Zone

Star
Irrational Ninja thought I was a hard lefty nin another thread, Jess. No, really. They are an equal opportunist when it comes to lashing out) But I have seen some useless and biased social workers in my time.

justjess

Superstar
Irrational Ninja thought I was a hard lefty nin another thread, Jess. No, really. They are an equal opportunist when it comes to lashing out) But I have seen some useless and biased social workers in my time.
A hard lefty lol... ok :rolleyes:

there are useless and bias members of any and all professions. That doesn’t take away from the fact that social workers in general are on the front lines dealing with all the worlds ills and misfortunes on a daily basis. And typically manage to do so without Physically harming anyone

Aero

Superstar
A lot of courthouses in America would see their funding utterly destroyed without cops. That's what people don't get about policing in America. Solving crimes is secondary to enforcing an invisible tax on "alleged" criminals.

Basically there's no immediate financial return for tracking down thieves, rapists, and murderers. Those types of cases require more state/local money than they will ever get back in fees. Hence the phenomenon of the American road pirate cops.

Lurker

Star
A lot of courthouses in America would see their funding utterly destroyed without cops. That's what people don't get about policing in America. Solving crimes is secondary to enforcing an invisible tax on "alleged" criminals.

Basically there's no immediate financial return for tracking down thieves, rapists, and murderers. Those types of cases require more state/local money than they will ever get back in fees. Hence the phenomenon of the American road pirate cops.
And asset forfeiture.

justjess

Superstar
We live in a sick backward world man. I told my husband after covid lockdowns to be very very cautious out driving because the cops had revenue they needed to replace. There’s been cops out everywhere issuing tickets for nothing. There has to be a better way to fund local and state budgets but as always it falls on the little guy.

Lurker

Star
We live in a sick backward world man. I told my husband after covid lockdowns to be very very cautious out driving because the cops had revenue they needed to replace. There’s been cops out everywhere issuing tickets for nothing. There has to be a better way to fund local and state budgets but as always it falls on the little guy.
It's not really new at all tho. Just like fining me for not wearing a mask has nothing to do with public health. It's not like they will give that fine money to the local hospital. I mean the state should be brought up on racketeering charges,

Shout out to The Colonel.
Q: What's the difference between a libertarian and an anarchist?

A: A few years.

justjess

Superstar
It's not really new at all tho. Just like fining me for not wearing a mask has nothing to do with public health. It's not like they will give that fine money to the local hospital. I mean the state should be brought up on racketeering charges,

Shout out to The Colonel.
Q: What's the difference between a libertarian and an anarchist?

A: A few years.
I’ve got a list of charges I think the state should be brought up on tbh.