Microsoft revealed to be funding Israeli surveillance on Palestinians

DavidSon

Star
I'll defer from any off the cuff jokes about Gates and Epstein buddying around.. but this is yet another example of Microsoft pretending to care about 'human rights'. And this one.. they admit to. :mad:

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/11/microsoft-revealed-to-be-funding-israeli-surveillance-on-palestinians/
Did you see who the tweet linked to? NBC News! I am shocked. Good for them and Olivia Solon for bringing this to the public.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/why-did-microsoft-fund-israeli-firm-surveils-west-bank-palestinians-n1072116

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Thunderian

Superstar
The only way to take a stand against this atrocity is to stop using Microsoft products immediately!

Serveto

Star
The only way to take a stand against this atrocity is to stop using Microsoft products immediately!
You here exclude a few other seemingly viable and possibly effective options. Among others that could be mentioned, we might recognize that many of us seem increasingly to live under an all-seeing (one) eye of Sauron, a pan-opticon, and, with some of the technical tools and gadgets provided by Microsoft and others, and even with our physical, naked eyes, we might at least watch the would-be watchers, as does many a London activist around that city. Another perhaps fleeting and momentary advantage that we Anericans enjoy is the First Amendment, which, thus far, guarantees our right to speak of the surveillance apparatus, maybe even apparatuses, plural, and speak we will.

Lisa

Superstar
You here exclude a few other seemingly viable and possibly effective options.
I think people should buy apple products instead...is that a viable and effective option do ya think? ;)

Lisa

Superstar
Also problematic. A ton of Apple tech is developed and manufactured in Israel. The only thing to do is also stop using Apple products immediately!
Do I have too? O wait...I’m a Zionist..I’m ok ;)

Thunderian

Superstar
Feel free to continue to limit your options, but you won't soon be limiting mine.
I am a friend of Israel, as you must know, so I have no qualms about using Israeli tech.

But if the boycott, divest and sanction crowd wasn’t just a bunch of blowhards, they would sign out of apps and programs that use Israeli tech (which means logging out of this site), and switch off products that use Israeli-manufactured parts (so, all computers and smart phones), and go fuck themselves.

Serveto

Star
I am a friend of Israel, as you must know, so I have no qualms about using Israeli tech.
So then you are just smart-assing, or maybe trolling, thus far? Please correct me if I am wrong, and this might be yet another instance wherein politics meets religion, and, if so, I am more than willing to take the discussion to the Religion forum, but are you not more than a "friend" of Israel? I have no problem, or even argument, with friends of Israel, as such, but you can rightly know that I do have serious problems with those who might like to ignore the technology, namely in this case surveillance, that not only is reportedly being used against Palestinians, but might one day be used to locate and imprison those of us who fight a Beast, i.e., globally totalitarian system; the very system which, again only as I have understood, those of your "Dispensationalist," pre-trib view think you will for the most part avoid by being raptured to Heaven -that is, if you stop saying fuck :).

But if the boycott, divest and sanction crowd wasn’t just a bunch of blowhards, they would sign out of apps and programs that use Israeli tech (which means logging out of this site), and switch off products that use Israeli-manufactured parts (so, all computers and smart phones), and go fuck themselves.
You are the one who, thus far, is blowing hard. I, personally, am not a defender of BDS, for the same reason that the sometimes respectable Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and other NGO's often censure Israel: it, to my view, is "collective punishment," in this case, of Israelis, many of whom are searching for fair and eqitable solutions to the problems of Israeli and Palestinian relations. Anyway, BDS, as I read it, is not the topic of this thread, so it's moot and a potential de-rail. I might also add, for reasons of balance, that the Alan Dershowitzians have added more than their alloted share of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere with their seemingly tireless defenses of the Israeli status quo.

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
So then you are just smart-assing, or maybe trolling, thus far? Please correct me if I am wrong, and this might be yet another instance wherein politics meets religion, and, if so, I am more than willing to take the discussion to the Religion forum, but are you not more than a "friend" of Israel? I have no problem, or even argument, with friends of Israel, as such, but you can rightly know that I do have serious problems with those who might like to ignore the technology, namely in this case surveillance, that not only is reportedly being used against Palestinians, but might one day be used to locate and imprison those of us who fight a Beast, i.e., globally totalitarian system; the very system which, again only as I have understood, those of your "Dispensationalist," pre-trib view think you will for the most part avoid by being raptured to Heaven -that is, if you stop saying fuck :).

You are the one who, thus far, is blowing hard. I, personally, am not a defender of BDS, for the same reason that the sometimes respectable Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and other NGO's often censure Israel: it, to my view, is "collective punishment," in this case, of Israelis, many of whom are searching for fair and eqitable solutions to the problems of Israeli and Palestinian relations. Anyway, BDS, as I read it, is not the topic of this thread, so it's moot and a potential de-rail. I might also add, for reasons of balance, that the Alan Dershowitzians have added more than their alloted share of carbon combined with hydrogen to the atmosphere with their seemingly tireless defenses of the Israeli status quo.
I have Thunderian on block/ignore because he's a Zionist troll. But if you can stomach him or anyone like him for more than 5 minutes.. all the power to you @Serveto :D
I just realized years ago that these people will always go in circles and never listen. ( On other social media sites before this so I'm used to it) Then they will insult your intelligence or get straight up nasty if you bring up factual points again. They love going in circles.
So I adopted my own 5 min rule before block for my own sanity and actual truth for these matters. LoL

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
:D Thunderian just put me on ignore too after my last comment. I can't see his ignored content on the board anymore. :p Good. Now he can't troll on my threads because he can't see them moving forward. :cool:

Thunderian

Superstar
:D Thunderian just put me on ignore too after my last comment. I can't see his ignored content on the board anymore. :p Good. Now he can't troll on my threads because he can't see them moving forward. :cool:
I don’t put anyone on ignore, and if you put me on ignore, how will you ever prove you’re right?

The way you know you have the truth is by being able to defend it. You put me on ignore because you don’t have answers for me.

Thunderian

Superstar
So then you are just smart-assing, or maybe trolling, thus far?
Definitely smart-assing, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was obvious. I mean, who would seriously think I'd care whose tech was being used to keep tabs on Palestinian terrorists?

Please correct me if I am wrong, and this might be yet another instance wherein politics meets religion, and, if so, I am more than willing to take the discussion to the Religion forum, but are you not more than a "friend" of Israel? I have no problem, or even argument, with friends of Israel, as such, but you can rightly know that I do have serious problems with those who might like to ignore the technology, namely in this case surveillance, that not only is reportedly being used against Palestinians, but might one day be used to locate and imprison those of us who fight a Beast, i.e., globally totalitarian system; the very system which, again only as I have understood, those of your "Dispensationalist," pre-trib view think you will for the most part avoid by being raptured to Heaven -that is, if you stop saying fuck :).
If I may address the f-word, first. That was a vestigial f-word, passed down as an appendage from an earlier draft, which somehow made it past my usually rigorous editing process and into my post. Sorry to shock you with my coarse language. I can only blame it on the painkillers. :)

To your point about a surveillance state -- if we boycott every company that makes something that will, one day, be used by a global police state, we won't be left with much. We may as as well enjoy the tech while we're free to do so.

But let's be honest, the only problem people like @Stephania have against companies like Microsoft is that they're doing business with Israel, so this is related to BDS. I was just pointing out that if a person is going to take a boycott of Israel seriously, they need to divest themselves of every electronic convenience or service that relies on Israeli tech. Of course, they'd never do that. It's hard to get a good pro-BDS echo chamber going, when you're using tin cans and strings.

You are the one who, thus far, is blowing hard.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't think anyone was taking me seriously. Apologies again about the f-word. I've fired the person responsible.

Serveto

Star
Definitely smart-assing, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was obvious...
It was obvious, to me, that you were either or both smart-assing and trolling. I followed suit and smart-assed you by playing dumb-ass, while also trying to contribute something constructive and relevant to the thread's topic.
If I may address the f-word, first. That was a vestigial f-word, passed down as an appendage from an earlier draft, which somehow made it past my usually rigorous editing process and into my post. Sorry to shock you with my coarse language. I can only blame it on the painkillers. :)
Dude! I've been in pub brawls on the lower East Side. I wasn't shocked, but I wasn't sure if, doctrinally speaking, one could expect to enter Heaven with expletives on the tongue. If I had known that you were editing your post, I wouldn't have said anything, even in jest.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't think anyone was taking me seriously.
That's considerate, but no need for apologies, in my case, because I wasn't taking you seriously. I was playing along.

Thanks for the explanatory note, @Stephania. For the most part, I do understand. Keep posting!

Last edited: