Men are socialized to be rapists

Robin

Established
Well that’s stupid. And I’d argue that kinda sentiment is the radical fringe. It’s a shame that it’s existance is enough to make some people discount very real issues that are facing so many women.. including your mother’s, daughters, sisters and wives.

I’ve never personally met a feminist that hated men or thought this was an all men type thing.
It may be a radical fringe but those are the sort of voices that get amplified. And most people today aren't gonna stop to filter through which messages belong to "real" feminists and which belong to extremists. It is unfortunate because I think it also disadvantages actual r*pe victims. I have actually met a few of those in person and it's never been pleasant. They really do spoil the movement for those that genuinely want change.

It may be a radical fringe but those are the sort of voices that get amplified. And most people today aren't gonna stop to filter through which messages belong to "real" feminists and which belong to extremists. It is unfortunate because I think it also disadvantages actual r*pe victims. I have actually met a few of those in person and it's never been pleasant. They really do spoil the movement for those that genuinely want change.
I’ve never seen someone in man claiming all men as rapists so I’m not sure how amplified those voices actually are.

If someone actually cared about women then they should be able to look past that. Or atleast make an effort to. But we aren’t seeing that here... it’s more like people sticking their fingers in their ears saying “nah nah nah” and refusing to even consider it.

Robin

Established
The capacity for it is certainly there. Most men don’t r*pe but far too many do. It’s societal conditions and how we raise boys that contribute to this crisis.
How do you think we raise boys to contribute to this then?

98% of all rapes are done by men. Female perpetrators do exist as we’ve talked about on here before but it’s not even close. No one denies male victims or that women can be predators but again it’s not close at all.
I'd say that male victims are severely underrepresented in those statistics. It's not taking anything away from the fact that women are definitely the more common targets. But if society really does condition men to be rapists could you concede that this same society teaches men to internalize their emotions and not reach out for help when assaulted for fear of appearing weak?

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/

Robin

Established
I’ve never seen someone in man claiming all men as rapists so I’m not sure how amplified those voices actually are.

If someone actually cared about women then they should be able to look past that. Or atleast make an effort to. But we aren’t seeing that here... it’s more like people sticking their fingers in their ears saying “nah nah nah” and refusing to even consider it.
Have you heard of the #MenAreTrash movement? If you're active on social media for example, you would get an idea -just because you dont personally encounter it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Those messages are everywhere. If people didn't fix a gender dynamic to r*pe and abuse then it wouldn't be an issue.

How do you think we raise boys to contribute to this then?

I'd say that male victims are severely underrepresented in those statistics. It's not taking anything away from the fact that women are definitely the more common targets. But if society really does condition men to be rapists could you concede that this same society teaches men to internalize their emotions and not reach out for help when assaulted for fear of appearing weak?

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/
We teach them to be afraid of emotions and not to properly process them. We also teach that aggression and dominance is how men are supposed to act.

Yes sexual assault to men is probably underreported, but you also fail to take into account that many of them have male abusers. The vast majority of male victims who report penetrative r*pe have other men as perpetrator. So again yes, women can be predators and they are rightly condemned for it by most feminists, like what happened with Asia Argento. Yes emotional processing is a problem and it’s sad that men feel uncomfortable reporting abuse.

Have you heard of the #MenAreTrash movement? If you're active on social media for example, you would get an idea -just because you dont personally encounter it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Those messages are everywhere. If people didn't fix a gender dynamic to r*pe and abuse then it wouldn't be an issue.
I use Facebook to post pics of my kids for family that lives far away and read the news. That’s about the extent of my social media involvement.

If it exists, it’s sad. But that shouldn’t discount a very real problem.

Robin

Established
We teach them to be afraid of emotions and not to properly process them. We also teach that aggression and dominance is how men are supposed to act.

Yes sexual assault to men is probably underreported, but you also fail to take into account that many of them have male abusers. The vast majority of male victims who report penetrative r*pe have other men as perpetrator. So again yes, women can be predators and they are rightly condemned for it by most feminists, like what happened with Asia Argento. Yes emotional processing is a problem and it’s sad that men feel uncomfortable reporting abuse.
I can see your point. The way boys are reared is largely dependant on the individuals raising them but on a macro social level yeah I guess those messages have been unfortunately mixed in with notions of "real" manhood. I still wouldn't say that it's strong enough to support a predilection for abuse as inherently male. But I do see where you're coming from.

I wasn't referring to cases with female-only assailants, just male victims. I think it gets hairy here when determining what constitutes r*pe - if it's strictly penetrative or not. And then again there's the belief that men must welcome sexual advances and that can veer off into a whole other topic. It is sad.

Robin

Established
I use Facebook to post pics of my kids for family that lives far away and read the news. That’s about the extent of my social media involvement.

If it exists, it’s sad. But that shouldn’t discount a very real problem.
It does exist and acknowledging it doesn't discount a real problem, just asks that the current popular narrative stops pitting this as an onslaught of one sex against the other.

ishigo

Established
First off, saying #menaretrash is a lightweight statement compared to what men have been doing and continue to do to women.
Women didn't have any outlet before to be heard that's why they take it to social media to vent their frustration and rightly so.
That's just an oversimplified way to point out misogyny in most cases, a catch phrase. That's how social media works.

Robin

Established
First off, saying #menaretrash is a lightweight statement compared to what men have been doing and continue to do to women.
Women didn't have any outlet before to be heard that's why they take it to social media to vent their frustration and rightly so.
That's just an oversimplified way to point out misogyny in most cases, a catch phrase. That's how social media works.

And you think the solution to all of this is perpetuating a gender war? How is that smart?

Right now childrens are playing behind my window, i can hear them, and the way they talk, makes me wonder where they learned it. "I will be a child molester i will r*pe your ass". They aren't older than 10-11...ofcourse they picked it up at school. And heard older kids, where older kids could pick up is not important. From web or wrong type of movies. But those kids won't stop talking like that, it will become their usual dictionary. Like zero awareness how that sounds. It's not connected to actuall meaning behind those words...yet...but it surely will be before they finish school. And they will see nothing wrong with it. It will be a habit already...Sigh. Do the way we talk affect how we act ? Not sure, but im sure it affects our perception. Slowly, unnoticably... just a random rant about our cute society.

Lisa

Superstar
Right now childrens are playing behind my window, i can hear them, and the way they talk, makes me wonder where they learned it. "I will be a child molester i will r*pe your ass". They aren't older than 10-11...ofcourse they picked it up at school. And heard older kids, where older kids could pick up is not important. From web or wrong type of movies. But those kids won't stop talking like that, it will become their usual dictionary. Like zero awareness how that sounds. It's not connected to actuall meaning behind those words...yet...but it surely will be before they finish school. And they will see nothing wrong with it. It will be a habit already...Sigh. Do the way we talk affect how we act ? Not sure, but im sure it affects our perception. Slowly, unnoticably... just a random rant about our cute society.
Matthew‬ ‭15:18-20‬ ‭
But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.
‭‭

ishigo

Established
calling it a war is looking at it surface level. And the reason why #masculinitysofragile became a thing

Last edited:
Kids are saying effed up stuff like that? All I had to contend with at that age was having my ass grabbed once by a boy on the bus and I slapped him. Okay, I also beat up a bully at school because he pinched my arms and legs repeatedly and no one stopped it. No one said stuff like wanting to r*pe other people. That is sick. That is truly sick.

P. S. And I got in trouble for defending myself against the boy who harassed me. Teachers no longer liked me. My dad rewarded me because he told me for months to kick that bully's ass.

Robin

Established
calling it a war is looking at it surface level. And the reason why we say #masculinitysofragile
No, its not surface level. When you have radicals teaching young boys to be ashamed of their masculinity, what do you think that does to them? How do you think innocent men feel when told they're responsible for the horrible actions other men do just by virtue of being male? What about the men whose partners and daughters and sisters are victims of sexual violence? Or men that are victims themselves? You blame 50% of humanity for crimes most of them did not even commit. On one hand men are told supressing and not processing emotion is part of "toxic masculinity" but if they start taking offence to the way people like you portray them, then they're mocked anyway for being overly sensitive. I'm a woman calling this a gender war so are you gonna blame my #fragilefemininity then or what?

yiksmes

Established
It's not men or women.. It's people!
We all have the 666 beast in us.. (We are always inclined to do something evil sometimes)
Some do more evil things than others..

Some kill, some r*pe, some make others do it for them..
Yeah men are most likely to r*pe, women don't have the same body parts to unless they carrying something with them and not as physically strong as men...

Really it's always someone physically stronger doing it to the weaker..

It's not men or women, it's the bad fruits in both..

We need to teach our kids and ourselves to have a good self control since young age and teach respect of womanhood and manhood.

There are also types of people who love to be different and use awful mean jokes without really meaning it..
Speaking of jokes like this, i personally can't judge a person's joke without knowing what's a person's true intention is..
for example: He/She can joke: I'll kill you, but have zero intention.. (Usually happens when someone innocently pranks someone or something)

Also i don't know if people ever think about this, but the reason most people don't talk about what happened to them (r*pe)
is because they don't trust most people and think if they tell their story, they will be laughed at, or later use your story against you and ridicule you or some other thing...

Why don't trust? Probably cause their smart and understood what a human nature is. Cruel and evil..

So instead again pointing fingers at each other who's more evil or more rapist, we can educate ourselves and our next generation to respect each other... If we respect and understand each other, we wouldn't want to hurt each other..

- Peace

It's not men or women.. It's people!
We all have the 666 beast in us.. (We are always inclined to do something evil sometimes)
Some do more evil things than others..

Some kill, some r*pe, some make others do it for them..
Yeah men are most likely to r*pe, women don't have the same body parts to unless they carrying something with them and not as physically strong as men...

Really it's always someone physically stronger doing it to the weaker..

It's not men or women, it's the bad fruits in both..

We need to teach our kids and ourselves to have a good self control since young age and teach respect of womanhood and manhood.

There are also types of people who love to be different and use awful mean jokes without really meaning it..
Speaking of jokes like this, i personally can't judge a person's joke without knowing what's a person's true intention is..
for example: He/She can joke: I'll kill you, but have zero intention.. (Usually happens when someone innocently pranks someone or something)

Also i don't know if people ever think about this, but the reason most people don't talk about what happened to them (r*pe)
is because they don't trust most people and think if they tell their story, they will be laughed at, or later use your story against you and ridicule you or some other thing...

Why don't trust? Probably cause their smart and understood what a human nature is. Cruel and evil..

So instead again pointing fingers at each other who's more evil or more rapist, we can educate ourselves and our next generation to respect each other... If we respect and understand each other, we wouldn't want to hurt each other..

- Peace
I can see where you're coming from, but would rephrase from "we all have the 666 beast" to "original sin" or "fallen human nature". We're not anti-Christs. I believe that's what you really mean though, so no offense.

Lisa

Superstar
I think the world is too far gone for that, sad to say.