Men are socialized to be rapists

I came accross this amazing thread on twitter about r*pe culture. She hit the nail on the head.
It's the metoo era and I think it's amazing that women are able to speak up about their asaults BUT there is still a lot of focus on victims of assaults and not enough on the perpetrators of assault who are generally men (98% of them). There are ton of videos on the internet about women speaking about their experiences but videos about men speaking rationally about r*pe culture has been nearly impossible to find.

Attachments

r*pe culture like “toxic masculinity” is totally made up. That’s why you won’t see any man with sense talking about it
yet we have men joking about it, look at carl benjamin the ukip guy/sargon of akadd. one minute hes joking he wouldnt even r*pe a female mp then jokes if im drunk enough he will r*pe her.
r*pe culture is live and well

r*pe culture like “toxic masculinity” is totally made up. That’s why you won’t see any man with sense talking about it
If you think "toxic masculinity" is made up, you honestly don't understand what toxic masculinity is.

Toxic masculinity IS NOT an attack on manhood, as a whole.

Toxic masculinity IS NOT an attack on male identity.

Toxic masculinity IS NOT an attack on virtues that have been traditionally been coded as masculine such as courage, honor, assertiveness, and integrity.

Toxic masculinity IS an attack on traits that are considered masculine that HURT both the men that engage in them and others. Aggressiveness in situations that don't require such behavior, suppressing emotions based on ludicrous concepts such as "boys don't cry", or the constant desire to dominate.

Toxic masculinity IS a perversion of REAL masculinity, created by a system that wants men to be angry so they join the army and kill for their government without even asking what they are fighting for.

If you don't think r*pe culture exists...Well, as others have said... We have r*pe jokes. We have people telling r*pe victims they shouldn't have had drinks with that man or shouldn't have worn a skirt that short instead of telling the rapist he shouldn't have raped.

I don't believe you're a bad guy, dude... But instead of hating on concepts, I'd recommend actually looking into them and trying to understand them and what people actually mean by them. And it's not an issue with just you; a lot of people on this forum take ideas that have been appropriated by liberal media and twisted into something else in a deliberate attempt to push people away from the concepts.

yet we have men joking about it, look at carl benjamin the ukip guy/sargon of akadd. one minute hes joking he wouldnt even r*pe a female mp then jokes if im drunk enough he will r*pe her.
Who is that guy? Why does he represent what men are doing and joking about? I've been in sports teams lockerrooms. Bars, Clubs. Been around frat guys to drug dealers. I've NEVER heard men openly talking about raping a girl. Not once. Not to say rapists arent out there, but to make out every or even most men to be rapists, is severely pushing it...

I've had women feel on my arms, stomach, ass, junk, twerk on me, make sexual jokes to me about me, (in different environments) without permission or asking. Isnt that sexual assault? Isnt that the same type of things women are saying men do them? Should I go out and create a #himtoo movement because of my experience? Should I say that because of my experience, this is the culture of most women on earth or in this society?

It’s like one out of every four women is raped in their lifetime... do you really think it’s comparable?

And yes technically that’s sexual assault and if you felt assaulted you should have said something/reported it. I’ve been assaulted more times then I can count. Raped once. It’s an entirely different experience.

Who is that guy? Why does he represent what men are doing and joking about? I've been in sports teams lockerrooms. Bars, Clubs. Been around frat guys to drug dealers. I've NEVER heard men openly talking about raping a girl. Not once. Not to say rapists arent out there, but to make out every or even most men to be rapists, is severely pushing it...

I've had women feel on my arms, stomach, ass, junk, twerk on me, make sexual jokes to me about me, (in different environments) without permission or asking. Isnt that sexual assault? Isnt that the same type of things women are saying men do them? Should I go out and create a #himtoo movement because of my experience? Should I say that because of my experience, this is the culture of most women on earth or in this society?
yes he was but one man but plenty of men have defended his comments as a joke which shows there is a rae culture, its ok to joke about a terrible act.
r*pe jokes are everywhere, even the president of the united states has been caught joking abut sexual assault, grabbing womens genitalia with out permission.
if this man ad made the comments about not raping then maybe raping the female mp then everyone turned around and said he was sick, he is in need of help and it was not ok, you would have been right. but they didnt they defended him, there sir you have r*pe culture

mecca

Superstar
R*pe happens far too often for it to be normal. The only explanation is that our society reinforces certain ideas that portray r*pe as more acceptable which leads to it being more common. Unless you want to say that men just naturally behave this way on their own, which I don't think is true. If you think about it, the vast majority of rapists are men and not women... this isn't because men are inherently rapists and women aren't capable of r*pe, it's because of the way our society has been structured throughout history. Certain harmful ideas have been promoted, such as the superiority of men and the inferiority of women, violence being an important component of masculinity, and sexual dominance being an important component of masculinity among other things. Ideas like this do a lot to create a society where men are the majority of rapists, r*pe is far more pervasive, and r*pe is normalized and excused. And you can see that the places where ideas like this are stronger are places where r*pe occurs even more often. The good thing is that since this is not an inevitable, inherent, or natural thing, it can be reduced by changing the ideas that our society promotes and changing the way society thinks about and handles r*pe.

Last edited:
If you don't think r*pe culture exists...Well, as others have said... We have r*pe jokes. We have people telling r*pe victims they shouldn't have had drinks with that man or shouldn't have worn a skirt that short instead of telling the rapist he shouldn't have raped.
yet you lefties never utter a peep when muslims r*pe women in europe for dressing provocatively, by their standards. and where is the leftist outrage when the european courts let them off due to a misunderstanding of the culture?

because carl benjamin made one tasteless, un- humorless joke in the past does not mean there is a r*pe culture.

yet you lefties never utter a peep when muslims r*pe women in europe for dressing provocatively, by their standards. and where is the leftist outrage when the european courts let them off due to a misunderstanding of the culture?
I’m outraged every single time a rapist gets let off. I just happen to be American and more aware of it here.

Brock turner. President trump “grab em by the pussy”. Bill Cosby. There are literally hundreds of thousands of examples man... everyday men counting in getting a woman drunk enough to get laid. I’ve worked with prosecutors who refused to take assault cases involving teenage girls because they “weren’t good witnesses” but would salivate at any weak case involving a male victim.

If every woman in your life (well mine idk about yours) has a story of being sexually assaulted or raped and you still don’t want to believe it - what will it take?

r*pe culture also does not equal ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS. Because clearly that isn’t true. Please look past the headlines to deduce what these things are actually saying.

Women - millions of them - are telling you they are hurting and we are just being brushed off. That isn’t cool.

Maybe some people are weak when it comes to peer pressure. But I think it takes more to be able to physically r*pe someone. Like something deep within you must be twisted.

No way I could ever do that. And I've had drunk young girls in my bed. The smartest move is not making the move. Unless a guy or girl is literally throwing themselves on you. In those cases, you can make the move.

I’m outraged every single time a rapist gets let off.
if they committed the crime, everyone should be outraged.

Brock turner. President trump “grab em by the pussy”. Bill Cosby. There are literally hundreds of thousands of examples man... everyday men counting in getting a woman drunk enough to get laid. I’ve worked with prosecutors who refused to take assault cases involving teenage girls because they “weren’t good witnesses” but would salivate at any weak case involving a male victim.
im not familiar with brock turner. if he was guilty, then im glad hes incarcerated.
trumps comment means nothing. thats locker room talk reality. half of my daily vocabulary at work is made up of curse words. another third of that empty threats against inanimate objects that arent cooperating with me. do we live in a murder society since everyone says, "i will kill you!"?
if bill cosby is proven guilty, jail him. i am all for that. who wouldnt be? its a crime.

if there was a r*pe CULTURE, we would be condoning r*pe. no one is condoning it. in a parallel theme, there is quite a bit of p***philia going on in hollyweird and among the elites, but i also would not say we are living in a p***philia culture. again, no one is condoning it or saying it is OK (except a few on the far left, but those few do not make up any significant numbers).

Brock turner wasn’t incarcerated lol...
Turner’s case previously drew national attention after he received a six-month sentence, of which he served just three months, for sexually assaulting a drunk and unconscious woman. The sentence was widely seen as an example of privilege in action, since Turner was a white Stanford student and a member of the school swim team. As CNN host Jake Tapper noted at the time, “What if it had been a black or Latino man at a less prominent college?”
That locker room talk is exactly what r*pe CULTURE means. It isn’t funny to joke about sexually assaulting women when millions of women are actually sexually assaulted. And if we didn’t have a culture tolerant of that then no one would be claiming we have a r*pe culture.

And bill Cosby WAS PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone knew what he was doing and it was allowed to go on for decades.

You really don’t pay attention to this stuff, do you?

Crimes against women and children are so rarely prosecuted and when they are the sentences are so ridiculously light.. it’s a joke.