Memory And Mind Control

rainerann

Star
Think about it, if you could forget everything you know right now. What would be the first thing that would do?

If we forget all about MK ultra and every picture of someone covering one eye, how would we go about our day differently?

What role does memory play in mind control as a result?

There were a few books I have been reading that have made me consider this. The first was a book by William Sargant called "Battle of The Mind."

In this book, Sargant discusses brainwashing in religions and cults. This makes sense since a religion or a cult, will present a lot of information that is repeated. Whenever anything is repeated, there is an increased chance that the information will be stored in memory. So brainwashing is demonstrated by using information stored in memory instead of your own creative free will to act in a way that is contrary to this information.

Here is a link to a blog that presents this information in a concise way. His book is also available free online in pdf format.

The next book I have been reading is called "The Gnostic Notebook: Volume One: On Memory Systems and Fairy Tales."

The book is about the ways we can increase the ability to memorize information with stories using fairy tales as examples of this. Whenever something is repeated, there is a greater chance of memorizing this information. There is also the potential that this information you remember is brainwashing you.

The third book has been in the back of my mind since my childhood development class. It is a book by Erik Erikson on the stages of development. Trust vs. Mistrust. Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt.

While Sargant discusses the complexities of brainwashing, these stages demonstrate the simplicity. All you would need to do is remember mistrust instead of trust and shame instead of autonomy, experiencing any one of the outcomes is dependent on memory and memory is not dependent on time.

Time is the measurement of motion. The earth turns and we calculate time-based on the position of the earth in relation to the sun, but is that what time really is?

Time in terms of memory is more like increasing the amount of space or like a balloon filling up with more air. Memories exist the same way molecules exist in a balloon with no order determined by the day or the year they happened. So remembering mistrust isn't something that happened a long time ago according to memory because memory does not follow the solar calendar.

Mistrust exists unless it can be proven false and so all memory is more like true or false statements or a positive or negative charged molecule. They convert from one to the other like an on-off switch.

We can fluidly discuss our memory of having our first child next to the memory of them going to their first day of school as though they were consecutive events that happened within moments of each other and not separated by many years in between.

If our minds functioned the same way time functions, it would be impossible to brainwash anyone. What happened before would be gone the same way it will never be the year 1956 again. There would be nothing to control us without our memory.

So how can we maintain a creative free will when exposed to new information when remembering information is why we are at risk of mind control?

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Think about it, if you could forget everything you know right now. What would be the first thing that would do?

If we forget all about MK ultra and every picture of someone covering one eye, how would we go about our day differently?

What role does memory play in mind control as a result?

There were a few books I have been reading that have made me consider this. The first was a book by William Sargant called "Battle of The Mind."

In this book, Sargant discusses brainwashing in religions and cults. This makes sense since a religion or a cult, will present a lot of information that is repeated. Whenever anything is repeated, there is an increased chance that the information will be stored in memory. So brainwashing is demonstrated by using information stored in memory instead of your own creative free will to act in a way that is contrary to this information.

Here is a link to a blog that presents this information in a concise way. His book is also available free online in pdf format.

The next book I have been reading is called "The Gnostic Notebook: Volume One: On Memory Systems and Fairy Tales."

The book is about the ways we can increase the ability to memorize information with stories using fairy tales as examples of this. Whenever something is repeated, there is a greater chance of memorizing this information. There is also the potential that this information you remember is brainwashing you.

The third book has been in the back of my mind since my childhood development class. It is a book by Erik Erikson on the stages of development. Trust vs. Mistrust. Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt.

While Sargant discusses the complexities of brainwashing, these stages demonstrate the simplicity. All you would need to do is remember mistrust instead of trust and shame instead of autonomy, experiencing any one of the outcomes is dependent on memory and memory is not dependent on time.

Time is the measurement of motion. The earth turns and we calculate time-based on the position of the earth in relation to the sun, but is that what time really is?

Time in terms of memory is more like increasing the amount of space or like a balloon filling up with more air. Memories exist the same way molecules exist in a balloon with no order determined by the day or the year they happened. So remembering mistrust isn't something that happened a long time ago according to memory because memory does not follow the solar calendar.

Mistrust exists unless it can be proven false and so all memory is more like true or false statements or a positive or negative charged molecule. They convert from one to the other like an on-off switch.

We can fluidly discuss our memory of having our first child next to the memory of them going to their first day of school as though they were consecutive events that happened within moments of each other and not separated by many years in between.

If our minds functioned the same way time functions, it would be impossible to brainwash anyone. What happened before would be gone the same way it will never be the year 1956 again. There would be nothing to control us without our memory.

So how can we maintain a creative free will when exposed to new information when remembering information is why we are at risk of mind control?
What comes to mind are these questions:
- the integrity of the listener --> me
- the integrity of information (spiritual/mental/emotional) the listener has already received
- the integrity of the teacher/writer
- the integrity of the information they are teaching to me

I think all of the above questions are important to answer when presented with anything new. And being as honest as possible with ourselves when answering these questions. Who best, other than God Himself, can answer these questions other than ourselves? The main thing, obviously, is that Truth is most important and if I need to experience [a] Truth more, God will find a way to teach it. But also to know, that I (with limited understanding yet) can only receive so much Truth "on the other side" through the barrier of that limited understanding - kind of like God shooting an arrow to inspire/enliven my heart which then burns through just a little more lack of understanding [if that all makes sense]. Since we are in the religious section, and I admit I say this a bit cautiously . . . "sin" will increasingly disappear as Truth has replaced that lack of understanding.

There's the old saying of when the student is ready, then the teacher will appear on any given subject. To me, that is God presenting Himself [somehow] and the best thing I can do, is observe any level of either unrest or frustration or effort or just any activity inside even - and to follow the journey(s) to a destination of "rest" or "peace" or "satisfaction". Once that is achieved, then I have become that much more stable in the Truth [Truth is stable by itself already]. Of course, we know that we can re-learn a Truth on a different level more than once though.

I remember the question being asked inside a long time ago, would I be willing to receive the Truth wherever I may find it? And for where I was at the time, I thought sure, why not? Then funny ideas came up - would I "need" to study the Satanic bible or some other "crazy" ideas like that . . . and all I could say was, "God, if I know beyond knowing that You are with me in the journey, then okay." I guess, living in the moment rather than placing as much trust or priority in a past memory or learning fits here as well. Being willing to see the other side(s) of things or even another dimension(s) of things. Further, there's always the opportunity of putting something on the shelf until I feel ready later. I really haven't gone to any strange destinations so to speak as of yet, but I'm thankful the openness and yearning is still there and really has always been since childhood. And though I am not always drawn to certain things, I do like to be open-minded and at least try to feel the essence of another's truth though it may not turn my crank, ha.

And just to mention, the thought of learning by oneself or with others. That all makes a difference too obviously, and it just depends [only God knows] as to what is more effective.

. . . I don't think I've really said anything special here, and probably alot of it is in agreement with many here.

Aero

Superstar
We have to unplug from all of their mind control devices. It's the only way. Stop listening to politicians, celebrities, and religions. Turn off the T.V, internet and radio. And I know it's tough to do. I plug in every day not knowing how I'm going to be fucked with. But still can't seem to help myself.

Maybe turning it all off is a bit extreme. People just need to develop filters for their brains. I think there are easy ways we can mitigate the effects of trauma based mind control. Part of that methodology is just making all of this stuff conscious. And understanding what it's like to have a mood disorder. Bad moods always pass, but the things we do during them don't. So it takes some effort for the individual.

I believe we are all lost souls flowing in the ocean. Trauma is some kind of downward force that makes us sink. Right now a lot of people in the water with us, will let us sink. Or wont give us swimming lessons. And that's a problem. Everyone is being beaten down, nobody is being lifted up. We really just need to start treating each other better.

rainerann

Star
What comes to mind are these questions:
- the integrity of the listener --> me
- the integrity of information (spiritual/mental/emotional) the listener has already received
- the integrity of the teacher/writer
- the integrity of the information they are teaching to me

I think all of the above questions are important to answer when presented with anything new. And being as honest as possible with ourselves when answering these questions. Who best, other than God Himself, can answer these questions other than ourselves? The main thing, obviously, is that Truth is most important and if I need to experience [a] Truth more, God will find a way to teach it. But also to know, that I (with limited understanding yet) can only receive so much Truth "on the other side" through the barrier of that limited understanding - kind of like God shooting an arrow to inspire/enliven my heart which then burns through just a little more lack of understanding [if that all makes sense]. Since we are in the religious section, and I admit I say this a bit cautiously . . . "sin" will increasingly disappear as Truth has replaced that lack of understanding.

There's the old saying of when the student is ready, then the teacher will appear on any given subject. To me, that is God presenting Himself [somehow] and the best thing I can do, is observe any level of either unrest or frustration or effort or just any activity inside even - and to follow the journey(s) to a destination of "rest" or "peace" or "satisfaction". Once that is achieved, then I have become that much more stable in the Truth [Truth is stable by itself already]. Of course, we know that we can re-learn a Truth on a different level more than once though.

I remember the question being asked inside a long time ago, would I be willing to receive the Truth wherever I may find it? And for where I was at the time, I thought sure, why not? Then funny ideas came up - would I "need" to study the Satanic bible or some other "crazy" ideas like that . . . and all I could say was, "God, if I know beyond knowing that You are with me in the journey, then okay." I guess, living in the moment rather than placing as much trust or priority in a past memory or learning fits here as well. Being willing to see the other side(s) of things or even another dimension(s) of things. Further, there's always the opportunity of putting something on the shelf until I feel ready later. I really haven't gone to any strange destinations so to speak as of yet, but I'm thankful the openness and yearning is still there and really has always been since childhood. And though I am not always drawn to certain things, I do like to be open-minded and at least try to feel the essence of another's truth though it may not turn my crank, ha.

And just to mention, the thought of learning by oneself or with others. That all makes a difference too obviously, and it just depends [only God knows] as to what is more effective.

. . . I don't think I've really said anything special here, and probably alot of it is in agreement with many here.
That's very interesting.

I agree with you and I think that you make a good point about identifying integrity that also demonstrates that our memory processes function in a scientific way.

Basically, we test and remember strategies that reach the desired outcome.

rainerann

Star
We have to unplug from all of their mind control devices. It's the only way. Stop listening to politicians, celebrities, and religions. Turn off the T.V, internet and radio. And I know it's tough to do. I plug in every day not knowing how I'm going to be fucked with. But still can't seem to help myself.

Maybe turning it all off is a bit extreme. People just need to develop filters for their brains. I think there are easy ways we can mitigate the effects of trauma based mind control. Part of that methodology is just making all of this stuff conscious. And understanding what it's like to have a mood disorder. Bad moods always pass, but the things we do during them don't. So it takes some effort for the individual.

I believe we are all lost souls flowing in the ocean. Trauma is some kind of downward force that makes us sink. Right now a lot of people in the water with us, will let us sink. Or wont give us swimming lessons. And that's a problem. Everyone is being beaten down, nobody is being lifted up. We really just need to start treating each other better.
I think what you are saying is very interesting and I can relate to it a lot. I have fluctuated between unplugging and plugging for years where I didn't feel certain which was the better way to go.

I found that I used to want to unplug because, at a certain point, it feels like it is difficult to control your thought process. When your thought process becomes difficult to control in response to external information, it can be very isolating. I would just try to focus on something with a different sense rather than continue thinking about things to try to change directions.

Over time, developing habits so that my thoughts could be filtered towards a different conclusion rather than an unknown or something negative was more helpful than trying to tune out only to tune in.

Although, developing these habits is very difficult by sheer force of will because it feels like you are literally battling in the mind like the title of Sargeant's book suggests, and I have often wondered what it would be like if someone was able to encourage this process.

I think memory is definitely a very spiritual process, which is why it is difficult to understand, and probably not used as effectively as it could be to improve our world.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
That's very interesting.

I agree with you and I think that you make a good point about identifying integrity that also demonstrates that our memory processes function in a scientific way.

Basically, we test and remember strategies that reach the desired outcome.
The "desired outcome", meaning what "works for us?" and also hopefully being as open-minded as possible, which may mean taking on a new strategy (as you put it) if we think the information and/or the teacher we're hearing from is worth something to extract and digest it.

For me, I think alot and I feel alot [intuition fitting in there somewhere], including a hypervigilance watching out for the big-picture and small details which can be a blessing (on-the-job especially) and a curse :). A key, I think, is seeing how we tick and working with it, not against it - except for those who may feel a harsh guru is their thing, ha. We're here and are a sum of our experiences/learning [I'll say in this life, though I do believe it goes beyond that], so we don't necessarily have to worry about trying to learn it all or becoming such a God-filled human. It's something I have to remind myself of alot though - be patient and if I can't do that, rely on God's patience!! And going back to the subject, if something is well-learned, then it will be settled in my mind.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Although, developing these habits is very difficult by sheer force of will because it feels like you are literally battling in the mind like the title of Sargeant's book suggests, and I have often wondered what it would be like if someone was able to encourage this process.
I have found force of will is not enough, though I'll admit that I don't have much "fight" left of the fight-flight responses anyway. When I had worked with so many of our clients on the health programs that consultants would put together (through product testing and food considerations, etc.), I ALWAYS encouraged them to work within their comfort zone unless if they were truly in a dire situation and even then, to find the support to make the experience easier. Any step in the right direction is positive :). Reminds me of an old friend who was able to quit smoking no problem, yet he had a friend who quit, but always had that desire to smoke. That's just awful. Maybe, he could have tried to find other sources of pure tobacco without the chemicals, perhaps through some native groups, who knows.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Great thread!

The mind is the last bastion. I think memories define us and dictate our future, in a way because one makes future decisions by keeping the past in check. Tampering with memory, i think, is essential to mind control. We live in an attention-deficit age, with short attention spans and collective short-term memory.
A fortnight is enough to forget an event unless one was directly affected by it.

As we all know, the battle between good and evil rages and both sides are in it for our hearts and minds.

Our decisions and our actions matter a great deal in the ultimate scheme of things. In the small everyday battles we have with our thoughts, we are practicing for the bigger battles to come. The greatest battle for the Christian is a battle for the mind—to focus on the real priorities of life. The battle is about intellectual, emotional, and spiritual allegiance. The great task that Christians face now is to discipline our minds and control our thoughts in order to prepare to be on God’s side in the final battle of earth’s history.

Importance of Prayer and bible study

St Gregory of Sinai clearly states that forgetfulness of God is a disease of the soul and of the faculty of reason. It has a direct impact on human memory,which ends up divided, diffused and fragmented, a prey to tempting thoughts.

Telling people that they don't need God is akin to peddling poison. Our bodies are a single unit that is spiritual, emotional, psychological and physical and a deficiency in one area will naturally spread everywhere. (Psalm 1:1-4)

....but whose delight is in the law of the LORD , and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither."

To add, because of the ever increasing amount of aluminium in our enviroment (chemtrails), its been noted that dementia is now striking people in their 40s. [FFF, your professsion reminded me that]

Last edited:

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
We live in an attention-deficit age, with short attention spans and collective short-term memory.

As we all know, the battle between good and evil rages and both sides are in it for our hearts and minds.

The battle is about intellectual, emotional, and spiritual allegiance.

St Gregory of Sinai clearly states that forgetfulness of God is a disease of the soul and of the faculty of reason. It has a direct impact on human memory,which ends up divided, diffused and fragmented, a prey to tempting thoughts.

Our bodies are a single unit that is spiritual, emotional, psychological and physical and a deficiency in one area will naturally spread everywhere.

To add, because of the ever increasing amount of aluminium in our enviroment (chemtrails), its been noted that dementia is now striking people in their 40s. [FFF, your professsion reminded me that]
I still don't know how to select multiple quotes for response in a single post - so I just kept some parts :).

Yes, to short attention spans. This kind of affects me in a way as sometimes, because of thinking [too much], I analyze things to the nth degree and so it can be better to receive things in smaller pieces. But surely, with today's kids and with our so-called smart-society, we are collectively dumb. And subliminally, 'we' think ourselves too important and say, "You're not worth my time, hurry up and get to the point because I have another task to do or somewhere to be." Ha, and that "somewhere" can be glued to these new phones and gadgets, apps, etc. The internet is even a blessing or curse, because we can have access to so much good information (yet) but it has taken away from the literal journey of going to find information or talking to someone - really, it's involving less of ourselves in the whole process. The more we can be present in a moment, I think affects our memory. Sorry for sounding like Eckhart Tolle here, ha.

Yes to allegiance. I think, it just adds to our openness of receiving information [staying on topic].

I'm not so sure that forgetfulness of God is a disease of the soul, but certainly it's part of our experience here. The best we can do is hear that calling, that yearning, and notice what truly satisfies the hunger because duh, it strengthens us. He's the glue and the matter [I'm a bit pantheistic].

Yes to all of our parts :). But we shouldn't be paranoid of everything being related, rather be in wonder and also not to forget how our parts affect God's whole body [using the Christian theme]. At least, it helps me to be a little less concerned with life.

Ha, "FFF" and then "professsion" was a little glitch in your memory, Karly :p. Firstly, I think I'll state where the name came from - it's based on the four fight/flight responses [flight/freeze/fawn and missing the "fight" at this point in my life]. It was an awkward-looking name, but I'm fine with it though I know I can't change it later. FFF would otherwise mean 666!!!!!!, ha. I am not with the health office anymore, but was there a long time and had many wonderful experiences with clients and through the whole thing, it was certainly part of my openness to other subjects. With your mention of aluminum and other junk we're exposed to, it does affect our "integrity" as I mentioned in an above post. For me, it's staying hydrated!

We're being exposed to information all of the time, outwardly and inwardly, and can all be that much more intuitive to how the information hits us and our response.

rainerann

Star
I have found force of will is not enough, though I'll admit that I don't have much "fight" left of the fight-flight responses anyway. When I had worked with so many of our clients on the health programs that consultants would put together (through product testing and food considerations, etc.), I ALWAYS encouraged them to work within their comfort zone unless if they were truly in a dire situation and even then, to find the support to make the experience easier. Any step in the right direction is positive :). Reminds me of an old friend who was able to quit smoking no problem, yet he had a friend who quit, but always had that desire to smoke. That's just awful. Maybe, he could have tried to find other sources of pure tobacco without the chemicals, perhaps through some native groups, who knows.
I completely agree with what you are saying. It reminds me of how contrary pain is to our overall homeostasis.

I wonder if the memory of pain is the root cause of all brainwashing? This initial memory of pain that everyone will experience because of the fall that separated us from God basically turns a switch that creates a response the mind seeks to avoid in the future. So it will accept certain dialogues when it is weighed against this memory of pain. Therefore, the reality of brainwashing is even more of an unnatural experience.

Sargant made some comments about how there are many instances where a person will drastically alter their belief system without any real explanation why. Maybe this is because the new information creates a possibility to avoid pain which exists in the memory no matter how long ago it happened.

Maybe this is why so many spiritual paths present the concept of perseverance, or discipline of some kind because that is how to best describe the process of overcoming memories of painful experiences.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
I completely agree with what you are saying. It reminds me of how contrary pain is to our overall homeostasis.

I wonder if the memory of pain is the root cause of all brainwashing? This initial memory of pain that everyone will experience because of the fall that separated us from God basically turns a switch that creates a response the mind seeks to avoid in the future. So it will accept certain dialogues when it is weighed against this memory of pain. Therefore, the reality of brainwashing is even more of an unnatural experience.

Sargant made some comments about how there are many instances where a person will drastically alter their belief system without any real explanation why. Maybe this is because the new information creates a possibility to avoid pain which exists in the memory no matter how long ago it happened.

Maybe this is why so many spiritual paths present the concept of perseverance, or discipline of some kind because that is how to best describe the process of overcoming memories of painful experiences.
You could be right about the memory of pain causing brainwashing, without us having a choice it seems. All brainwashing, I'm not sure, but maybe alot of it. It's just us trying to escape pain or what we assume could be painful. I think of a knot or tightness in the muscles, and the pain is actually asking us to work through it (or with a talented therapist's help who will press on that knot as long as possible to release it, OUCH!!). The pain is a blessing if we realize it, to show that something needs our attention and the patience to work through it. And many times, the pain just disappears or dissolves in that magic moment when we have given it enough attention, whatever that means.

As you probably know, I do approach spirituality from a different perspective sometimes - though I can't say it's any specific ideology, except that the idea of separation of God is "sin" and yet, I don't see separation as possible ever because He is Life itself, my breath, my parts, my everything and if that's the case, we truly have nothing to worry about [ha, doesn't mean I always believe it though]. Our worries, our fears is from a lack of understanding somewhere [resulting from inwardly thinking we can be separate from God and really is part of arrogance also], which can certainly affect our experiences, but it doesn't mean it's true. The closest picture I could produce of it is a sea urchin, but that's not quite what I see. I see the main mass being God, and the spikes as more of protrusions being of different lengths and widths [some of them could even be "bubbles"], depending on where the protrusion is reaching (either out of a sense of purpose or defiance, the latter causing us even more pain) but can never ever leave its center and will sooner or later return, not just because it has to, but because it has nowhere else to go, logically speaking. I do have faith that no protrusion can ever break off from Life itself and float out to never-neverland. Wherever we go, God IS.

To me, the "problem" of religion (and this includes any temporary methodologies I may use as well) is either working for God or working to become God, however subtle that may be. There truly is no need for it, and yet God will sympathize with our lapses in memory and work through it anyway. Just thinking on that at times makes my heart melt with His care washing over me. Of course, I appreciate where you are coming from and still see God working with where we are all at. The Truth is He is never limited, thank goodness! He is Life and we can't deny it. The Truth also stays as Truth, no matter what our experiences are, and no matter how we even describe our experiences. You mention the perseverance, the discipline of a spiritual path - I truly feel that it's important to persevere in remembering that pain isn't the truth --> it can lead us to the truth of why we felt separate from God and then just make a conscious decision to say, "God, You are with me whether I feel it or not."

As I finish this post, maybe it's the brainwashing [of whatever crap we believe, even in defiance as I mentioned above] that is really causing the pain :). And the pain is crying out because of that arrogance and saying, "touch me, touch me" and God in His wisdom says, "are you finished yet?" And when we're finished, we just rest in Him!

Sargant's book sounds interesting - I think I'll have a look at it. I like re-thinking about what I know or believe, and it just cements us more in the truth, resulting in peace.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
A quote from William Sargent's Foreward in Battle for the Mind:
"But if progress and synthesis are ever to be achieved, in this age of increasingly departmentalized knowledge, someone has to risk leaping over walls into other people's territory."

I do love that approach (being quite similar myself) and twill be interesting reading this book as "information itself" like we're talking about, and yet in the back of my mind I see his somewhat creepy picture in the link you gave from truthstream. Will do my best to be unbiased! Thanks for mentioning it.