meditation

Sure, what is the meditation but thinking about God?
Psalms‬ ‭77:12‬ ‭
I will meditate on all Your work And muse on Your deeds.​
‭‭
Of course. That is prime to gaining a Christ mind.

To love yourself, you must forgive your deeds. Be generous.

As to your first.
Thinking about god makes you idolize her. That is called a fixation and not a meditation.

Not being for or against, agnostic or Gnostic is, meditation IOW, is Impossible for idol worshipers like you Lisa.

Regards
DL

Vytas

Star
Does that mean that, in order to preserve and protect that unique form of endlessly discursive, doctrinaire, jabbering, fundamentalist, literalist, Chatty Cathy American commercial Christianity one should also avoid the necessary stillness of mind required to fall asleep at night :cool:?
When you try to go to sleep you simply let your mind wander wherever it wants. And you fall asleep thinking about something. That's not the same as emptying your mind...

rainerann

Star
What is your take on meditation??? I have read places that it can bring in spirits and stuff , especially kundalini awaking . So I was wondering what is ur take
I think meditation is about finding peace from a lot of conditions that cloud the mind. Anxiety, depression. However, most of the time meditation cannot remove the root of fear that inspires meditation or some other spiritual pursuit. So if you feel like meditation is bringing on spirits, you are probably not emptying your mind as they say. You are probably filling your mind with fear of spirits because fear is an enemy in and of itself. So emptying your mind is not going to fill your mind with anything negative unless you are already afraid of it.

This is the biggest problem with meditation for most people. They are already afraid of something and meditation is just going to accentuate it rather than remove it the way confession would.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with meditation, but there is something wrong with meditation being used as a whitewash to hide other things.

shankara

Star
When you try to go to sleep you simply let your mind wander wherever it wants. And you fall asleep thinking about something. That's not the same as emptying your mind...
*sigh* why is a sense of humor such a rare quality these days? Perhaps because people interpret everything literally. Eh @Lisa...

Lisa

Superstar
Of course. That is prime to gaining a Christ mind.

To love yourself, you must forgive your deeds. Be generous.

As to your first.
Thinking about god makes you idolize her. That is called a fixation and not a meditation.

Not being for or against, agnostic or Gnostic is, meditation IOW, is Impossible for idol worshipers like you Lisa.

Regards
DL
Psalms‬ ‭47:6‬ ‭
Sing praises to God, sing praises; Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭150:5‬ ‭
Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭113:1‬ ‭
Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the LORD, Praise the name of the LORD.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭148:1‬ ‭
Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭67:3‬ ‭
Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭150:2‬ ‭
Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭147:1‬
Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant and praise is becoming.​
‭‭

Vytas

Star
*sigh* why is a sense of humor such a rare quality these days? Perhaps because people interpret everything literally. Eh @Lisa...
Sigh indeed...Last sentence was legit, i ignored the joke above, which wasn't meant for me, and answered one part which was serious.
I need to relax my mind before sleep ahahhahah that is so funny...tears...

Lisa

Superstar
It’s good to have a grasp on reality...sometimes its funny but other times it’s pretty serious and the Bible is literally serious.

Hahaha. Good luck trying to enter a meditative state by "emptying" your mind. It can't be done. It's 100% counter-productive because by focusing on emptying your mind you are doing just the opposite. Instead, you must recognize the passive observer, and then become the passive observer of any thoughts as they come and go, and detach yourself from them completely so that you are no longer judging or categorizing the thoughts. Do not even claim the thoughts as your own, or dwell upon them in any way- just observe them as casually as possible as they arise and then let them go on their merry way. You will eventually realize that "you" are actually something else entirely that is separate from the ever-chattering mind.

Lisa

Superstar
Dear @Lisa,

I wonder if you'd be willing to sit here beneath the banyan tree, in the full lotus position, try to empty your mind despite @Faker He-Man's discouragement , and participate with me in what I consider to be an effective and useful Mother Goosian guided meditation? It is not only enlightening, but also very soothing :) ...
You watch this a lot Serve? ;)

Lisa

Superstar
It came to mind as I recently but guardedly stilled my mind in preparation for sleep, yes thought of you, and wondered if it might be a useful exercise in practical rather than theoretical spirituality :cool:.
I think I would be concerned that that’s what your watching, honestly..lol!

Lisa

Superstar
Well, as I said: it's soothing, and it probably won't surprise you to learn that my ever-chattering mind often causes insomnia. Prayer -thinking about God, as you put it- doesn't seem always to help, and I eventually get tired of counting sheep.
Maybe you just have too much caffeine before bedtime?
Prayer seems to help me but I could see where it wouldn’t help an unbeliever. The counting sheep thing, helps then? You said you eventually get tired counting them.

Vytas

Star
Thinking about God keeps me awake, because, it is said, in one of the prophets, that he hates Esau. According to Judaism, Maimonides in particular, Esau and the Edomites are responsible for the rise of Christianity, so it makes me wonder if God hates my Christian parents and plenty of my Christian friends.

After that, I switch to counting to sheep.
Deut 21.15-17...Love defines inheritance. I doubt it's about feelings, more recounting what happened....

Lisa

Superstar
According to Judaism, Maimonides in particular, Esau and the Edomites are responsible for the rise of Christianity
I thought believing in Jesus was the reason for the rise in Christianity.

so it makes me wonder if God hates my Christian parents and plenty of my Christian friends.
I don’t understand this statement.

Lisa

Superstar
I know. There's no need to clarify. Want to do the Mother Goosian guided meditation with me yet? C'mon, it's fun to empty one's mind, or at least try to, and fall blissfully asleep :).
Just making sure..

Why would I want to empty my mind..I enjoy filling my mind thinking about God :)

I doubt that after awhile it will be a blissful sleep.

Lisa

Superstar
Dear @Lisa,
I've just been having some fun with you, with (thread starter) @Selena526's permission, I hope, because I noticed that lately you haven't been responding to some of my more provocative posts in other threads, which isn't at all like you. I called your attention to this one because I wanted to see if you had placed me on ignore. If you had, I was concerned because I knew what a mistake that could be and how much you would probably miss me lol. I am glad and reassured to see that you apparently did not.
I don’t have anyone on ignore, I must have missed the posts you’re talking about? I’m not sure which ones you’re talking about.

Kinda sounds like you missed me ;)

Lisa

Superstar
Not least because arguing with you, I have found, is somewhat pacifying and can be an excellent, if ironic, way for me to fall fast asleep. I told you I have insomnia and I sometimes forget to buy Unisom when I am at Wal-Mart :cool:.
Lol, maybe I should put you on ignore..that’s not very flattering a reason.