Medical Website Indulges Trans Community With New Term For Female Genitalia

polymoog

Superstar
You have a legal right to be an asshole. But again, if you're an asshole there's going to be consequences. You could lose your job, friends, etc. The law doesn't protect you from any of that. It simply gives you protection from the government throwing you in jail.

And we don't have hate speech laws because people don't want people to be assholes. We have hate speech laws because people are assholes. In some countries, such as England, those hate speech laws are poorly enforced... But they don't exist because of people like me who just think people should be excellent to each other - they exist because they believe they have some moral right to call people all sorts of slurs.
there is no such thing as hate speech. there is only speech which can be construed as hateful or not. my right to free speech does not end where your feelings begin.

It's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't like hate speech laws, but you have to be a real piece of work to fall victim to them most of the time. The specific law in New York, for instance, contrary to what people say about it, doesn't fine you for accidentally misgendering people. It fines you for deliberately and repeatedly misgendering people...
And if you do that, you're being an asshole that doesn't care about the feelings of other people. I might think it's dumb that you get fined because you're just going to feel like a victim instead of realizing you're a jerk, but I'm not going to feel bad for you. At all.
and who decides whether it was deliberate or not? being fined for using the wrong words is outrageous.
laws like C-16 and this new NY law force everyone to go along and legitimize the acceptance and normality of these mental disorders. the government is taking a VERY controversial topic and forcing the dissenting group to capitulate when gender dysphoria is a political concept, not a scientific concept.
any trans person who is experiencing discrimination can go through the same legal routes as everyone else.

Etagloc

Superstar
there is nothing to prevent this new term from becoming a mainstream politically correct term that is foisted upon the general population.

we have already covered the fact that a person can face fines for discrimination for calling a person the wrong pronoun, so yes, it is an issue when new terms arise. today... with terms like this being changed, everyone being offended by everything and the right lawyer prosecuting, one could be facing a hate speech crime in the near future.
yup- you give these people an inch.... they want more, more, more.....

that is how these things operate^

Aero

Superstar
Who let the postmodernists out of their cages? Lol, I'm kidding.

Yes, tolerance and equality are bad! Welcome to the land of double standards. Where every slang term is cool, except when it's used by some random medical blog to describe transgender vaginas. I've never seen a slang term turn into such a scandal, and I've definitely never seen crusades over word usage.

Pick a new crusade. A lot of people are struggling out there with real problems. Slang terms and titles are literally the last things we should be worried about. There is just no way any of this content has a big impact on society at large. It just has a big impact on some of yalls tiny ass heads.

Aero

Superstar
Lol, damage control would indicate that some damage is actually being done. And it's not.

Also, there's a great bit of irony seeing Vigilant Citizens calling out social justice like it's bad. So here we have a site that is literally telling us not to trust the government and other authority figures. That's called promoting social justice!

The SJW label shows an incredible lack of depth though. I mean congratulations if you don't know any gay or transgender people. It must be a convenient luxury to just lob insult after insult and have nobody there to check you. I would love to see most of you repeat any of this stuff without the shield of anonymity.

I'm not anonymous. But I wouldn't use it to be a dick anyway. It's a simple choice to just treat people with respect.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Lol, damage control would indicate that some damage is actually being done. And it's not.

Also, there's a great bit of irony seeing Vigilant Citizens calling out social justice like it's bad. So here we have a site that is literally telling us not to trust the government and other authority figures. That's called promoting social justice!

The SJW label shows an incredible lack of depth though. I mean congratulations if you don't know any gay or transgender people. It must be a convenient luxury to just lob insult after insult and have nobody there to check you. I would love to see most of you repeat any of this stuff without the shield of anonymity.

I'm not anonymous. But I wouldn't use it to be a dick anyway. It's a simple choice to just treat people with respect.
LOL! Whatever I say on here I say in public and to anyone that wants to listen. I'm no coward. SJW have taken this PC culture to a new disgusting level and you're a part of the problem but not surprising considering your support for Freemasons.

Aero

Superstar
LOL! Whatever I say on here I say in public and to anyone that wants to listen. I'm no coward. SJW have taken this PC culture to a new disgusting level and you're a part of the problem but not surprising considering your support for Freemasons.
You can imagine yourself as fighting the good fight. But it seems like your type is just picking on people who are already vulnerable. Like gays, transgender, and women. Of course, you seem like an equal opportunity offender. However, your favorite targets are clearly people you think are weak.

I never said that made you a coward. Maybe opportunistic is the better word. You are seeing what you want to see. Political correctness annoys me too. I just fail to see how it's that big of a problem. Like what about the erosion of truth? This whole issue is just a microcosm of how universal truth doesn't matter anymore.

If we solve our societies problem with the truth than maybe we can solve political correctness. But until that time, people are just picking on each other. And then they honestly try to act like that's the best strategy? Like hello! You're just going around in circles there.

Kung Fu

Superstar
You can imagine yourself as fighting the good fight. But it seems like your type is just picking on people who are already vulnerable. Like gays, transgender, and women. Of course, you seem like an equal opportunity offender. However, your favorite targets are clearly people you think are weak.

I never said that made you a coward. Maybe opportunistic is the better word. You are seeing what you want to see. Political correctness annoys me too. I just fail to see how it's that big of a problem. Like what about the erosion of truth? This whole issue is just a microcosm of how universal truth doesn't matter anymore.

If we solve our societies problem with the truth than maybe we can solve political correctness. But until that time, people are just picking on each other. And then they honestly try to act like that's the best strategy? Like hello! You're just going around in circles there.
Weren't you one of the people saying that we shouldn't look for the truth when it came to the Holocaust but now are saying we can solve political correctness with the truth?

My targets are only weak people now a buddy boy? Are you a weak target?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Weren't you one of the people saying that we shouldn't look for the truth when it came to the Holocaust but now are saying we can solve political correctness with the truth?

My targets are only weak people now a buddy boy? Are you a weak target?
Your first question was rock-solid and deserves an answer. However, when you veer into the highly personal, as with your second sentence...... not only does it insult the person you are debating with, it serves as a distraction from your worthy query.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Your first question was rock-solid and deserves an answer. However, when you veer into the highly personal, as with your second sentence...... not only does it insult the person you are debating with, it serves as a distraction from your worthy query.
He's been up my ass at every turn. He's been making claims about me with no evidence whatsoever. Also, I don't believe I have insulted him. I'm just trying to understand what exactly he's trying to say about me.

The good out of all of this is that we at least now know that he's a full fledged hypocrite who supports the Freemasons.