Personality Tests

umphreak

Established
Im two and my girlfriend is six lol
Ah yes, the infamous (at least in my Enneagram world) Two-Six relationship! Second only to the Eight-Nine. Practically every Eight I've ever encountered has a Nine sidekick of some sort.

Seriously though, if you're a Two and can look at this kind of unflattering stuff about Twos and say, "Yes, that's me, and it hurts to see that".....that's half of the battle right there! I've never found many Twos that were into the Enneagram because so much of their ego is invested in seeing themselves as perfectly loving and caring. The Enneagram is a slap in the face to virtually anyone who is being honest with themselves, and it does hurt. Twos (and Threes!), unless quite healthy, have a self-image that is based on dishonesty, and the Enneagram is a threat to that self-image. Twos are subconsciously terrified that if they authentic with people, their real self will be unlovable and they will be abandoned. When I see the rare instance of a Two that acknowledges and explores their dark side, I think of that as a sign of movement toward Type Four, which is the direction of integration for Twos. Healthy Fours are all about authenticity and self-awareness - virtually the opposite of the average to unhealthy Two.

I just feel the need to cheer you on because a Two being honest with themselves is not something I see very often. Twos are usually praised for maintaining their "loving" and "selfless" image, which makes it so much harder for them to look at the negative side of their personality. Yet the only way to become a better person is to be able to look objectively at ourselves as we really are, without judgement, and wonder earnestly why we are that way.

Vytas

Star
Don't know about other two's but I find Enneagram is fascinating, it explains our primal fears, motives so well...Sure it does hurt but payout is too great...
And thanks for sharing your thoughts, also I couldn't agree more with your last sentence...

DesertRose

Superstar
My sister has that look 110%! What about you Mecca and DesertRose?
Here is an interesting article about the stare and I it would be interesting if any of the many intjs on this board also responded;)

Tbh I have been known to look at a people and have been asked what's up.....
excerpt fro article:
"For some INTJs it may appear like a deer in headlights look, while with others it is a rather intense piercing stare."
PS I have had both of those looks:p

Here is the article: Enjoy!
http://personalitygrowth.com/an-in-depth-look-behind-the-intj-stare/

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
MBTI in USA Politics. http://www.slayerment.com/mbti-politics

Apparently T and J lean Republican, and F and P lean Democrat.

Overall from what I understand of USA politics I think I would vote for a TRUE Democrat, or a Bernie Sanders- type leader.

Donald Trump thought by writer to be ESTP, Hilary Clinton INTJ. http://www.personalitypathways.com/article/trump-clinton-mbti-type.html
Bernie Sanders INFP or INFJ. http://www.personalitypathways.com/personality-type/bernie-sanders-infj-personality/

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Here is an interesting article about the stare and I it would be interesting if any of the many intjs on this board also responded;)

excerpt fro article:
"For some INTJs it may appear like a deer in headlights look, while with others it is a rather intense piercing stare."

My sister does think a lot. Probably why she has done so well in IT.

excerpt fro article:

Reading this I’m reminded of one of my part time courses where we were partnered with another classmate to do an ad hoc skit on how not consult with organizations. I played the business owner and my classmate played the overzealous consultant. At the end of the skit, I remember the professor laughing and shaking her head saying to me “...that look on your face”. I think I might’ve had that look.

I also get people asking me what’s up. I just say I’m thinking, and at times, I would get sighs and responses such as “You’re always thinking!” I have sometimes felt like saying “…and you’re not?” but why bother starting a conversation with someone who’s not thinking? :p

Vytas

Star
Im typing everything i see... So bible characters ...Moses - ISFJ, David - ENFJ, Elijah -ESFJ, John -INFP, Luke- INTJ, Matthew - SE ? Mark -NI?, Paul-ENTJ,... Jesus ? I have no idea..could be ESTP, can't be sure though too much of everything...

DesertRose

Superstar
look what I found...:D

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
By Dr. Lovegood
https://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz49.asp
All people want respect, but men seem to crave it more than women. All people want love, but women tend to find it more critical than men. For there to be a successful relationship, both partners need to give each other respect and love. In this article and the next one, I'm going to look at showing respect to men and love to women. However, women want to be respected for the same things their male counterparts want respect for, and men want to be shown love in some of the same ways their female counterparts do. So both articles are useful for showing love and respect to both sexes.

Generally speaking, men want to be seen as providers and protectors. They want to be seen as taking good care of their families and as strong and able to protect their families from any evil. However, they focus on different areas depending upon their temperaments. This is a guide to offering respect in a way which is meaningful to your partner.

Guardian men hope to be respected for:
  • Providing for their families on a financial level as well as fixing things and arranging for maintenance to keep things working
  • Prudent planning for housing, career, investments, and retirement
  • Being a valued member of a religious group, club, or social organization
  • Remembering important days
  • Keeping things organized and running smoothly
  • Protecting their partners and children from evil company and influences
Artisan men need to be respected for:
  • Providing romantic gestures, fancy gifts, and dinners together
  • Their bodies - how they've made well-toned physical machines of themselves
  • Their prowess in sports, strength, and, most importantly, the bedroom
  • Courage and bravery with the long shot that paid off
  • Their ability and willingness to adapt to almost any need or circumstance
  • Protecting their families in the face of evil people and circumstances
Rational men want to be respected for:
  • Providing freedom and treating their mates as rational adults
  • Their expertise in their field(s) of interest
  • Their ability to see long-term implications others can't and to respond to avoid negative consequences
  • Their ability to deal with things in a logical, rational manner without being swayed by inappropriate emotion
  • Their deep thinking and ability to analyze things from all angles
  • Protecting their families from evil systems of thought
Idealist men value being respected for:
  • Providing a safe emotional environment for their families
  • Their passion and compassion
  • Their insights into others' behavior and thinking
  • Spending time with their families to maintain everyone's positive attachment to everyone else
  • Having a clear view of who they are, their purpose in life, and their progress towards fulfilling that purpose
  • Protecting their families from evil spiritual influences

https://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz52.asp
(Get Back) That Lovin' Feelin'
By Dr. Lovegood

More songs and possibly more poems have been written about love than any other topic. Happy-in-love songs are usually pretty sappy while crossed-in-love songs tend to seem more substantial and true to life. Here are some tips to help you become or continue to be happily, sappily in love. As I wrote in R-E-S-P-E-C-T, many of these tips will work equally well for men of the same temperament.

How Guardian women want to be shown love:
  • Guardians generally work very hard to keep the family going. Recognize that by spoiling them with bubble baths, time alone, back rubs, small gifts, and the like
  • Comment positively on new hairstyles, new clothing, weight lost/gained, effects of working out, and the like
  • Praise for good household and money management
  • Run interference for them with people or situations they find especially stressful
  • They want to be seen as physically desirable
How Artisan women want to be shown love:
  • Physical pampering including back rubs, brushing hair, putting lotion on, and sometimes more active games, such as can't catch me or wrestling
  • Comment positively on their elegance of motion and physical conditioning, along with hair and clothes
  • Praise for positive thinking and playful spirit
  • Provide structure in areas where they are weak without making a jail
  • They want to be seen as physically irresistible
How Rational women want to be shown love:
  • Listen to their ideas and offer suggestions which say that their ideas are worth pursuing
  • Allow them to handle things without interference or second-guessing
  • Praise for incisive and radical thinking
  • Take care of things in the sensing world for them, such as housework, car maintenance, and repairs
  • They want to be seen as having an irresistibly beautiful mind
How Idealist women want to be shown love:
  • Listen to them without trying to solve problems. Periodically summarize, synthesize, and restate so it is clear you are listening intelligently
  • Express your belief that they can come up with good answers to problems but be prepared to provide shelter when the fallout gets unbearable
  • Praise for their insights into people and their ability to help people
  • Protect them from emotional devastation
  • They want to be seen as having an irresistibly beautiful soul

Care and Feeding of a Mate
A 4 Part Series
By Dr. Lovegood
https://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz31.asp

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
MBTI type garden. https://www.opp.com/en/Knowledge-centre/Blog/2016/May/What-is-your-MBTI-Type-garden

Mine garden is a more tropical version. Have wooden gate, narrow path down side of house with trees at end, and enter into a garden that looks different to the standard front suburban yard, with Australian native trees.
Since we've been here 5 years ago, we have created a fruit tree hedge along the back to fill in gaps between other native trees. Not just standard citrus trees either. I always like exotic fruits that you don't get in supermarkets.

I think it is a bit of a reflection of me too. I look normal on the outside, I only show my true self to special visitors.