Personality Tests

JoChris

Superstar

JoChris

Superstar

DesertRose

Superstar
I don't have any trouble with theory if I see a need to understand it personally. I feel quite at home with nerds and philosophers. My father is INTP and loves talking about topics like that.
yeah I think that our experiences in life definitely have an impact. Small talk may not be a favorite thing as the theory keeps highlighting but I am comfortable with it due to family customs.

JoChris

Superstar
Small talk I had terrible difficulty in learning! Everyone in my family except perhaps my baby brother has the N part of MBTI.

It is still a second language learned too late for me. I had to watch and listen to my in-laws very carefully. I actually find it one of the most challenging part of talking to people whom I realise only like/ are capable of small talk!

I didn't know it was rare.
Apparently so as this article states something similar. Although, the statistics may all be deriving from the same study:

INTJ is the third rarest type in the population, and the rarest type among women (with ENTJ). INTJs make up:
2% of the general population
3% of men
1% of women (source)

That said, as DR has mentioned, experiences in life do impact these models, and I can weave in and out of some of these characteristics. As I mentioned earlier about MBTI, it's an extrapolation of Jung’s psychology so the results are not cut-and-dried.

DesertRose

Superstar
People with these personality types are happiest at work
http://www.businessinsider.com/people-with-these-personality-types-are-happiest-at-work-2015-4

To find out which of those tend to be happiest — or unhappiest — at work, Truity Psychometrics, a provider of online personality and career assessments, and the developer of the TypeFinder personality type assessment, asked 2,053 people: "How satisfied are you with your job?"

• Respondents had five options, from "Very Satisfied" to "Very Dissatisfied."

People with an ESFJ-type personality — which stands for Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging — are the most satisfied.

In the chart below, a score of 5 represents the highest level of satisfaction possible, and a score of 1 indicates the lowest level of satisfaction.

Truity

One of the more interesting findings, according to Truity, is that the personality types who are most successful on the job — based on standard metrics like income and responsibility — are not necessarily the most satisfied.

"The difference seems to boil down to the Thinking vs. Feeling dimension," a Truity report explains.

While Thinkers occupy all the top four spots on the pay scale, the top of the satisfaction graph is heavily weighted towards Feelers.
    Truity
    People with these personality types are happiest at work
    • Jacquelyn Smith
    • Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality test, which measures preferences like introversion and extroversion, there are a total of 16 distinctive personality types.

To find out which of those tend to be happiest — or unhappiest — at work, Truity Psychometrics, a provider of online personality and career assessments, and the developer of the TypeFinder personality type assessment, asked 2,053 people: "How satisfied are you with your job?"

Respondents had five options, from "Very Satisfied" to "Very Dissatisfied."

People with an ESFJ-type personality — which stands for Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging — are the most satisfied.

In the chart below, a score of 5 represents the highest level of satisfaction possible, and a score of 1 indicates the lowest level of satisfaction.

Truity

One of the more interesting findings, according to Truity, is that the personality types who are most successful on the job — based on standard metrics like income and responsibility — are not necessarily the most satisfied.

"The difference seems to boil down to the Thinking vs. Feeling dimension," a Truity report explains.

While Thinkers occupy all the top four spots on the pay scale, the top of the satisfaction graph is heavily weighted towards Feelers.
      Truity

Thinkers are also more likely to supervise others, "but this additional responsibility doesn't seem to translate into an advantage in job satisfaction," the report says.

So why would Feelers be more satisfied with their work, when they earn less and have fewer responsibilities?

"Our theory is that the effect runs to the core of why Feelers choose the work they do," the report says.

Thinkers, Truity explains, are more likely to choose a job based on its potential for personal achievement — prioritizing factors like high income, high social status, the opportunity to demonstrate competency, and the ability to exercise power and influence.

Feelers, however, are more likely to choose a career that resonates with their personal values and allows them to serve others.

"While Thinkers may imagine that a high income is a priority for them in choosing a career, in the end, they're less satisfied than Feelers who gravitate towards careers that resonate with their personal values," the report says. "Perhaps Thinkers would do well to spend a bit more time reflecting on more philosophical questions of meaning and purpose before they settle on a career path."

Thinkers are also more likely to supervise others, "but this additional responsibility doesn't seem to translate into an advantage in job satisfaction," the report says.

So why would Feelers be more satisfied with their work, when they earn less and have fewer responsibilities?

"Our theory is that the effect runs to the core of why Feelers choose the work they do," the report says.

Thinkers, Truity explains, are more likely to choose a job based on its potential for personal achievement — prioritizing factors like high income, high social status, the opportunity to demonstrate competency, and the ability to exercise power and influence.

Feelers, however, are more likely to choose a career that resonates with their personal values and allows them to serve others.

"While Thinkers may imagine that a high income is a priority for them in choosing a career, in the end, they're less satisfied than Feelers who gravitate towards careers that resonate with their personal values," the report says. "Perhaps Thinkers would do well to spend a bit more time reflecting on more philosophical questions of meaning and purpose before they settle on a career path."

JoChris

Superstar

Wonder how much is linked to gender though.
I assume overall women are more likely to be F feeling type than T thinking type.

DesertRose

Superstar
Wonder how much is linked to gender though.
I assume overall women are more likely to be F feeling type than T thinking type.
More likely due to gender and cultural expectations and norms. I read somewhere that many T Ladies probably have more F in their personalities as a result of nurture and expectations.

Vytas

Star
Absolutely!

One that is a big one for me is the flattery of Type Two. They offer attention (which Riso/Hudson described as "seductive", and that's totally accurate) and strive to make the person they're talking to feel special and appreciated.....which is hard to resist, especially for those who are prone to low self-esteem. When Twos are of average health, all of this has a very insincere quality to it. They try a little too hard. And the thing about it is that all of this attention is not just offered freely - it comes with strings attached. Twos feel extremely entitled after offering their "love". And they want very specific responses in return, so it's likely that whatever way you choose to show your appreciation won't be what they're looking for, and it will bring up feelings of rejection for them.

If you humor the Two for a while then later try to enforce your boundaries with them and get some much needed space, they are not likely to take that well. If the Two is not particularly stable health-wise, they can fly into a rage (as they disintegrate to Eight) and become completely hysterical, making threats and basically exposing themselves as hateful and cruel (which is precisely the opposite of the image they project to themselves and others). It's disturbing to be on the receiving end of that kind of display, where someone who seemed basically nice, if perhaps a bit pushy, overly familiar, and insincere, suddenly flies off the handle because you triggered them in some way!

So for all practical purposes, I try to keep most Twos at a distance. I also just find their flattery and insincerity extremely irritating, which I believe is because as a Four, I disintegrate to Two under stress. Average Two behavior probably bothers me a lot because it reminds me of my own shortcomings.

Here's another rule that I live by: Never trust a Six. Obviously if the Six was healthy, it would be a different story, but the vast majority of people are not. I actually originally heard this from a Six, and over the years it's proven itself to be excellent advice. Average to unhealthy Sixes want to appear dependable and reliable, but they're usually the exact opposite. It would be foolish to count on them for much of anything. Sixes are also extremely passive-aggressive, they will "forget" to do things they promised to do, or "lose" other peoples' things to spite them. Unlike the passive-aggressiveness of average to unhealthy Nines, the passive-aggressiveness of Sixes has a very intentional quality to it. They will do things to upset and frustrate others, but always try to make sure that you cannot prove that they did it intentionally.

Type Eight at Level 5 (middle average) will make big promises or bluff to persuade others to get in line with their agenda. They have zero intention of actually following through with these promises, make no mistake! It's easy to get sucked into their schemes, because the potential payoff sounds so good. But Eights, like Sixes, cannot be trusted unless they are in the Healthy range most of the time. When Eights make promises that sound almost too good to be true, you can bet that they ARE too good to be true, and steer clear.

Really, all of the types start to be pretty lame beginning at Level 5 and beyond. It's just that some of them are more dangerous to get involved with, while others are simply obnoxious and drain your energy. So, for example, a lower average to unhealthy Eight could actually cause serious harm to you, while a lower average to unhealthy Nine will be extremely frustrating to deal with but not really a major threat to you.
Im impressed, pretty spot on, hurts a little too...

JoChris

Superstar
My sister has that look 110%! What about you Mecca and DesertRose?

As for me: