Personality Tests

JoChris

Superstar
You realise personality types is a concept that developed out of a metaphysical system that included astrology? ie the 4 elements, 4 seasons, 4 humors, unani medicine...astrology's 12 houses are broken into those 4 and so forth. It all comes from as

You asked me about astrology last night in an obvious attempt to discredit me as a non-muslim.
I could easily answer you but i know you have an iq of 50 at best and respond with takfiri copy paste shit.
Can you two take your *personal* disagreements back to the religious section or perhaps even start one in the Den?
This is supposed to be a happy place.

I am aware that MBTI can be viewed as a distant relative of astrology because it is one. People should be aware that when explored past the surface psychological patterns, an alternative spirituality really is present.
The psychology-side of MBTI is a good rule-of-thumb however, and it shouldn't be taken as more than that.

---
Back to light-hearted lounge discussion:
I noticed above that INFJ is very common here on this forum: any theories why?

Can you two take your *personal* disagreements back to the religious section or perhaps even start one in the Den?
This is supposed to be a happy place.

I am aware that MBTI can be viewed as a distant relative of astrology because it is one. People should be aware that when explored past the surface psychological patterns, an alternative spirituality really is present.
The psychology-side of MBTI is a good rule-of-thumb however, and it shouldn't be taken as more than that.

---
Back to light-hearted lounge discussion:
I noticed above that INFJ is very common here on this forum: any theories why?
The way those ones are worded just sound more appealing...

eg
it says
"likes fast paced environments"
when you're on an internet forum, probably relaxed at home, how are you going to select that one?

im an extrovert in a slow paced nice atmosphere. The only time im an introvert is if im around people i not only don't know but have no business to connect with.
for example on a train..on a plane. I also live in an area where most people mind their own business so for example if a neighbour walks past me, i might just acknowledge him/her but dont need to 'chat'
whereas i used to have a neighbour who would stop and chat....i guess that made him an extrovert? except i didnt want to chat to the guy, he was annoying and wouldnt go away, very loud. So there's a time and place to be an extrovert.

i can be an exceptionally nice person, or a complete prick
depends on who im dealing with, again context.

DesertRose

Superstar
Jochris is waaay younger than that :rolleyes:
"Being a moral person isn’t about being nice to everyone- It’s having the capacity to be cruel, yet choose to be kind to others."
— EverythingFromSomething

This is for our resident infpers:
INFP things

• Getting carried away by fantasies and ideas
  • Getting alone time after a long day is like a breath of fresh air
  • When someone calls out your prejudices, you panic like mad about your personality
  • Randomly sad and don’t know how to stop it, so instead we spend time wallowing in self-pity.
  • Romantic and enchanted by simple things
  • Feels like death when we get put down when we are happy or excited
  • We are either in love with people, scared of people or annoyed by people
  • Always want to be hugged
  • Watching a movie or reading a book and finding peace that one of the characters is someone you relate to.
  • We have many favourites things such as smells, sights, colours, food, movies, etc and the list gets longer everyday
  • Laughing too much/ laughing the longest after a joke is said.

JoChris

Superstar

fire009_Flyer

Established
Well as a child of an INFJ mother (who was also too hard on herself as well as too soft in other areas) I have this to add for you:

*Identify weaknesses which can be changed, and accept weaknesses which cannot (she wished she wasn't so short many times).
Be kind to yourself. No-one will ever be perfect in this life-time. https://introvertdear.com/news/infj-self-improvement-tips/

*Remember your feelings of being different to other people are true, because you are. You are especially gifted with intuition and so you have to remind yourself you may be noticing details nearly impossible to be sensed by vast majority of people (i.e. non NT/NF people).

*Accept your personal differences, be true to yourself, remind yourself that not everyone will like the true you, just like you don't like some people.

*Learn to use your intuition skills carefully/ with pure motives, as your conscience will punish you severely when you act on them prematurely/ abuse its powers.

* Learn to laugh, and see the silly side of life. You also deserve to enjoy what you have received in life as your share, just like everyone else.

* figure out how to develop some of INFP's positive traits - you don't have to stay in a mental box of your own creation. :D

View attachment 14094
Thank you so much for your reply! Sorry my reply is so late too. And thank you for reminding me life can (and should) be enjoyable. I guess that's why I've focused so much on self-improvement. That is to say, I've begun to recognize and accept lots of parts of myself but not letting them get in the way of enjoying life (hence the no excuses part). However, I try to be more careful in not getting all hung up over "self-improvement" because it is a never-ending process and I shouldn't forget that. Life is about living and in a way, it's really not that complicated.

Man, I hope that made sense.

fire009_Flyer

Established
There is always room for growth even as you get older.
Good to see some of the teens aknowledge that. I consider myself wiser in a sense now than I was 10 years ago, but I still have plenty of room for growth personally. I'm always striving to be a better husband and father first. Whatever life throws at me I also deal with a lot more calm. When I was in high school and probably well in my early 20's. I acted more on impulse. Being in my late 20's after being out in the world more, having a family. I find everything more manageable and balanced. Less impulsive reaction lol. Weird how I mellowed out so much. Less naive as well :p

But since your still young. My advice. Join clubs and sports. They give you lessons than just winning/losing. I credit a lot of my mental toughness to my playing football and ice hockey. With your noggin, you'll go very far in life.

You are not mentally/physically/medically weak as you think.
And again....good luck this year!
Thank you! Also, so sorry for replying so late.

I try to remember that but not obsess over it. Sometimes, life feels like a balancing act but, I tell myself, nothing to fret over. And yes, so right, I'm planning on being way more active this year. Thanks again!

fire009_Flyer

Established
Iirc INFJ is supposed to be rare.. but on internet forums, they seem to be popular. Makes sense though. :)
Yeah, I noticed that too. I would probably be pretty different from my writing though. Don't know if that's a good thing or not lol.

fire009_Flyer

Established
The perfect place to live for every Myers-Briggs personality type
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-perfect-place-to-live-for-every-myers-briggs-personality-type-2018-3

Upon consideration, I like the best locations for the infj and the isfj
Berkeley California and Charlotte, North Carolina and the infp one Portland, Oregon. What about you?
Ok, lol, I really didn't mean to post four posts in a row and I'm sorry about that but...wow, your pretty much spot on. I actually live very, very close to one of those locations.

Maes17

Superstar
Thank you! Also, so sorry for replying so late.

I try to remember that but not obsess over it. Sometimes, life feels like a balancing act but, I tell myself, nothing to fret over. And yes, so right, I'm planning on being way more active this year. Thanks again!
No worries. You're gonna have a busy year. Reply when you can.

When you fret over stuff just remember the learning experiences. Mistakes are always gonna happen. How you handle those mistakes will prepare you for life. Have fun. You're young

Maes17

Superstar
Idk why but I find mbti's to be more accurate than astrology and the like.
I'm not a believer in horoscopes.

I feel with the mbti's you're giving an honest assessment to really kinda give you a glimpse of yourself.

I'm sure social workers and the like conduct similar test to assess mental health etc. So when taking these it helps to be truthful. Perhaps subconsciously we are deeper than we know

Vytas

Star
What are the favorite/unfavorite famous/fictional people of your type ? Like who in your opinion used same skill set best and worst in life ? They say that there is deep level of understanding between same types , do you find that to be true ?
Favorite enfj's - Che Guevara , king David, Leo Tolstoy
Embarrassing ones - Hitler , Oprah, Phil Hellmuth

Though i recognize myself best in here :)

Dalit

Star
What are the favorite/unfavorite famous/fictional people of your type ? Like who in your opinion used same skill set best and worst in life ? They say that there is deep level of understanding between same types , do you find that to be true ?
Favorite enfj's - Che Guevara , king David, Leo Tolstoy
Embarrassing ones - Hitler , Oprah, Phil Hellmuth

Though i recognize myself best in here :)
Merely embarrassing? I'd say they give the type a bad rap and a stronger adjective should be used like "those who identified as ENFJ but whose names shall not be named with mine". And that right there is what an INFJ would say. :)

Vytas

Star
Merely embarrassing? I'd say they give the type a bad rap and a stronger adjective should be used like "those who identified as ENFJ but whose names shall not be named with mine". And that right there is what an INFJ would say. :)
Lool agree about infj, are you one of those dangerous ( ) people ?