Personality Tests

DesertRose

Superstar
Post #257.

Disregard. So not a stalker
Maes I thought it was standard practice to stalk those we like......just kidding maybe..;)
Will look forward to your color test!

I think I have got more argumentative/ assertive as I have got older. I am tired of seeing people deny reality/ politely lie "for peace sake" especially. I suppose that is more due to personal values than pleasure of winning an argument. I try to choose my battles carefully though.
No problem, you should have a right to speak up for your values.

JoChris

Superstar
Yeah we tend to be like that. Especially Virgos ( I am one ). And the Tarot card for Virgos is the Hermit. We value knowledge more than relationships basically. Not everyone is meant to be married anyway...some of us value our time on our own and try to invest our libido more in creative work.
You don't reject potential partners only due to horoscope compatibility I hope?
I wouldn't be with my husband if I had (met in 1992, married 1995). I am Leo, he is border of Gemini and Cancer. I am glad I never took horoscopes seriously.

JoChris

Superstar
According to the blurb on the intp above it points out that even in casual conversation the intp will point out errors......
That would be a problem if intp marry, right? Sometimes people spout nonsense because they are tired or it is hot or they are pregnant........
just an observation......
My father always needing to win the argument was a major factor in my parents' marriage breakdown. INTP "I am always right (factually, yes)" versus INFJ "I will hit (with words) where it hurts" .... very nasty arguments indeed. :(

DesertRose

Superstar
To you, work is truly enjoyable. Even on the weekends, you can’t stand the thought of wasting a day by doing nothing, and always try to fit as much into each day as possible.
RE: Green personality type
I would just like to correct something. As I got older I realized that we need to not be embarrassed about chilling or else we can burn out!
So that part of the statement above is no longer applicable to me.:) Although there is also a limit to chilling as well.

Helioform

Star
You don't reject potential partners only due to horoscope compatibility I hope?
I wouldn't be with my husband if I had (met in 1992, married 1995). I am Leo, he is border of Gemini and Cancer. I am glad I never took horoscopes seriously.
Lol no I really don't do that. I just observed that people who tend to be more "robotic" tend to fit the particular horoscope sign they are born in. Tarot cards are more accurate. Yes it is all occult stuff but I have found that it really works.

JoChris

Superstar
That is an odd combination.. not in a bad way, though. It gives you an edge imo. The T vs the F.
I think the F have a slight advantage in formation of conspiracy forums, in that patterns and feelings - very illogical on the surface - sometimes are proved to be true when all the facts are gathered.
We therefore need each other to provide balance. Uncontrolled/ unexamined feelings lead to irrational/ easily discredited theories. Excessive logic can lead to no examination of hunches/ exposure of the Elite. Etc etc etc.

elsbet

Superstar
I think the F have a slight advantage in formation of conspiracy forums, in that patterns and feelings - very illogical on the surface - sometimes are proved to be true when all the facts are gathered.
We therefore need each other to provide balance. Uncontrolled/ unexamined feelings lead to irrational/ easily discredited theories. Excessive logic can lead to no examination of hunches/ exposure of the Elite. Etc etc etc.
Okay.

Im an F. If you were mind reader, which I have been expecting of people today for some reason (why, idk), you would know that I think that WE of the IN_P usually understand each other just fine.. but in the Real (and somewhat less colorful) World, the T's seem to be a little better at blending. Not that it's a competition. :)

JoChris

Superstar
Okay.

Im an F. If you were mind reader, which I have been expecting of people today for some reason (why, idk), you would know that I think that WE of the IN_P usually understand each other just fine.. but in the Real (and somewhat less colorful) World, the T's seem to be a little better at blending. Not that it's a competition. :)
IMO unless you're working with often illogical clients as your focus - e.g. health, counselling, music etc. - task oriented workplaces will always want/ reward T personalities not F.

On the other hand those who have zero people skills (except for people on his wavelength) like my INTP father will only go so far unless they really do have expert skills. So I wonder if ST is better than NT in average (non-nerd zone) workplace.

My ISTJ husband went up ranks in army/ new job management position pretty quickly. He has logic, time managment and people skills.
My INTP father is over-logical, was good in his own area but didn't have the necessary people skills to get promotions.

1531446011811.png1531446100486.png

elsbet

Superstar
IMO unless you're working with often illogical clients as your focus - e.g. health, counselling, music etc. - task oriented workplaces will always want/ reward T personalities not F.

On the other hand those who have zero people skills (except for people on his wavelength) like my INTP father will only go so far unless they really do have expert skills. So I wonder if ST is better than NT in average (non-nerd zone) workplace.

My ISTJ husband went up ranks in army/ new job management position pretty quickly. He has logic, time managment and people skills.
My INTP father is over-logical, was good in his own area but didn't have the necessary people skills to get promotions.

View attachment 12721View attachment 12722
Interesting stuff... and I do agree that the illogical clients absolutely belong in the hands of an F person. I've learned that the (unrealistic) results they're demanding often take a backseat to the sympathy they're craving. We have one of those.. temperamental thing. :p

JoChris

Superstar
Interesting stuff... and I do agree that the illogical clients absolutely belong in the hands of an F person. I've learned that the (unrealistic) results they're demanding often take a backseat to the sympathy they're craving. We have one of those.. temperamental thing. :p
The only reason I am so familiar with this MBTI stuff (I am aware that critics say it is half-way between psychology and astrology) is because I was mystified at how different my husband and I are in just about everything. His logical personality traits became intensified after his overseas posting and him getting promotions.

I wanted to figure out how me - the extreme sensitive person - could get on his wavelength so we could understand each other better. e.g. MBTI helped me take his personal criticism as him trying to help me improve in some areas, he wasn't trying to tear me down.

I know MBTI is overgeneralised overall but it has helped me, especially in my tolerance of his over-objectivity. He does balance me out very well. :)
1531452529773.png

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
World, the T's seem to be a little better at blending. Not that it's a competition. :)
Not necessarily and esfj or and enfj may have an easier time blending and thriving in work environment due to their ability to relate with others better than some not all Ts. Perhaps we can say different types have different challenges but they can overcome them with maturity.

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
I'm blue as all types with introverted F should be. It is tough for me to be honest though, because I know what every option contributes to test result... And lol at red being extrovert...

DesertRose

Superstar
I'm blue as all types with introverted F should be. It is tough for me to be honest though, because I know what every option contributes to test result... And lol at red being extrovert...
Hi Vytas! Greetings!
It is tough for me to be honest though, because I know what every option contributes to test result... And lol at red being extrovert...
Good points!
What do you think @Red Sky at Morning are you really extroverted?
Need the personality data for blue and purple folks......out of interest. merci

Last edited: