Married People- Is This True?

Vixy

Star
Probably happier with a smart partner than a less intelligent one since the communication would be better with a smart one but what really matters in the long run is their emotional intelligence. However I've been with dumb guys and wow! NOT my cup of tea. They can be as goodlooking as they want but no. Just..No.

Etagloc

Superstar
Probably happier with a smart partner than a less intelligent one since the communication would be better with a smart one but what really matters in the long run is their emotional intelligence. However I've been with dumb guys and wow! NOT my cup of tea. They can be as goodlooking as they want but no. Just..No.
lololololololololol :D

sounds like you're talking from some hard experience lol

Etagloc

Superstar
Oooooh, you better believe it! Man they sure were goodlooking but DAYMN! Better someone you can talk to. With a goodlooking guy without brains you'll feel alone.
*sigh*

I don't wanna say she didn't have brains.... in Spanish you have these two words that are sort of similar but are actually different. You have tonto and necio. They both sort of mean foolish person but in slightly different ways.... I am using the Spanish words because this is how I know to explain it. The difference between a tonto and a necio is.... both are foolish people.... but a tonto is different. A tonto cannot help it. A tonto is someone like Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump is an honest person and he was simply born with less intelligence. In a way, a tonto is honest- I mean they legitimately cannot help it. This is why I think a necio is worse in a way. A necio is like a tonto but with a necio it is not that they lack intelligence... it is that they have intelligence and don't use it.

I would say my ex was sort of like that. I wouldn't say she was unintelligent. I actually think most people are relatively intelligent. I don't think the issue is that people don't have intelligence. I think it's that people don't use their intelligence.

And my ex..... I really did love her and I miss her to this day but I feel the same way as what you described towards who you were talking about, Vixy.

She was sweet, caring, feminine, she had a lot of good qualities but..... I felt alone with her and when I started feeling that it was the beginning of the end as far as that relationship went.

DesertRose

Superstar
Funny thread Eta.
May you get smart, feminine, good natured, pious and beautiful Ameen.
The following applies to both men and women and are just my thoughts.
Average looking with brains and a neat attitude is beautiful for me.
Appreciate good nature and humour more and more as I get older however piety in a spouse is a fundamental.

Regarding OP. Benefits are for both men and women in healthy relationships methinks.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/14235/study-married-men-are-happier-aaron-bandler
Married men were also healthier from both a physical and mental standpoint; the study found that "men who get and stay married live almost 10 years longer than their unmarried peers." Part of this is because their spouses are more likely to push them to see a doctor as well as married men having healthier diets. But it's also due to the fact that married men can lean on their spouses for support in the case of illness and are, overall, just happier. In a survey of men asked if they are "very happy" with their lives, 43 percent of married men said yes, compared to 20 percent of single men and 21 percent of men in co-habitation relationships.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
*sigh*

I don't wanna say she didn't have brains.... in Spanish you have these two words that are sort of similar but are actually different. You have tonto and necio. They both sort of mean foolish person but in slightly different ways.... I am using the Spanish words because this is how I know to explain it. The difference between a tonto and a necio is.... both are foolish people.... but a tonto is different. A tonto cannot help it. A tonto is someone like Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump is an honest person and he was simply born with less intelligence. In a way, a tonto is honest- I mean they legitimately cannot help it. This is why I think a necio is worse in a way. A necio is like a tonto but with a necio it is not that they lack intelligence... it is that they have intelligence and don't use it.

I would say my ex was sort of like that. I wouldn't say she was unintelligent. I actually think most people are relatively intelligent. I don't think the issue is that people don't have intelligence. I think it's that people don't use their intelligence.

And my ex..... I really did love her and I miss her to this day but I feel the same way as what you described towards who you were talking about, Vixy.

She was sweet, caring, feminine, she had a lot of good qualities but..... I felt alone with her and when I started feeling that it was the beginning of the end as far as that relationship went.
Bet she was really goodlooking to? They always are.

Haich

Superstar
Is THIS what the elite doesn't want us to know???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Isn't this the case with all marriages?

Lol jk

I think men need to stop thinking with their sausages and women need to stop being so high maintenance about what they expect from a husband.

In general, I've come to realise women want a man who is financially healthy, well-built, has a great job (doctor and lawyer being the most favourable) their own place, their own car, dresses well, has a great relationship with their family, comes from a stable background, educated...etc. The truth is you will never get these unrealistic qualities in the same guy and it's important women realise that.

Many of my friends are hitting 30 soon and they're single because their criteria was just too high and they struggled to find a man. They're only starting to realise all this now...

Its not about finding a partner to suit your life and needs but it's about finding someone to build a life with together. You don't just arrive at marriage both complete as individuals, it's a conscious effort to combine pretty much everything you have and try to start your own base.

Also Commonalities are all well and cool but we're just not frank enough with our partners prior to marriage and then all these small issues prop up later on. Some couples don't discuss whether they want kids, or how they believe the dynamics of house should be.
Questions like : How do you believe a child should be raised? Are you comfortable with a working wife? Are never asked and these cause issues later on. My advice to anyone dating right now just stop and think am I actually going to settle down with this person? If not then hate to be so harsh but you're just wasting your time...

Women need to realise that men aren't machines and can't have an incredible job but also be the best house husband. It's all about balance! Men too need to realise women (especially after motherhood) are exhausted and don't have the time to dress themselves up and look pretty. Just accept your woman, flaws and all. She's the mother of your children (or soon to be mother), she takes care of the house, cooks and pretty much mothers you. Men are quite babyish, you will probably have to mother them to an extent but the more you allow them to get away with the harder it'll be. So that dish they 'forgot to wash' at dinner, will turn into more later on so keep them in check girls.

So E, find a god-fearing girl and take the trash outside. These kardashian clones may look great but they'll be the death of you. They'll reel you in with that p.... and leave you out to dry with the washing.

Etagloc

Superstar
Bet she was really goodlooking to? They always are.
Yeah she had the whole hipster look going on..... I'm not remotely hipster (at least I don't think so) so I was sort of fascinated by that lol.

Vixy

Star
Hmm, a female hipster? What the heck do they look like?

My exes were muscular, dark haired and tall with good facial features and street style when it came to clothes, like jeans with a leatherjacket. ..But such a-holes!

Like this minus the tattoos and the beard:

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
So E, find a god-fearing girl and take the trash outside. These kardashian clones may look great but they'll be the death of you. They'll reel you in with that p.... and leave you out to dry with the washing.
Well....

I am abstinent. I think casual sex is dehumanizing and it's not appealing to me.

And a Kardashian type....... I would probably sprint in the opposite direction. I shudder just thinking about it. What I would even talk to them about????? Yesterday I was having a casual conversation with a friend where we were discussing the nature of consciousness and desire. Today we were talking about ghosts and about Mesoamerican mythology.

What would I talk to a Kardashian about? I might want to talk about Zizek or whatever it is I'm reading at the moment..... what do Kardashian types even talk about?? I really have no idea. To be honest, I avoid those types and I think they avoid me as soon as I start talking.

I couldn't be materialistic and focus only on a woman's looks if I wanted to. I want to talk about weird, strange, abstract stuff because that's what interests me- and I also want to talk about spiritual stuff. And I want to be free to talk about those sorts of things... if I start talking about things like that and she looks at me weird, I'll probably be offended and lose interest. I am absolutely militant about this- I insist on being myself. If she's not interested in me for who I am, I'm not interested in her. I'm not going to be try to be someone else.... I am going to be myself and if she's not cool with that, I'm not interested in her. I absolutely insist on being myself and I seriously doubt I'll compromise.

You know who really made me feel some type of way?

I seen her.... the other day.... I'mma not say overly much. But.... she fine.... she's from my old hood..... and she likes to discuss post-colonial theory..... she fine, she from the hood (and from the same one where I used to live), she likes to talk about post-colonial theory.....that made me feel some type of way.

Anyways........ I'mma not say nothing more about that.... but- don't worry- I don't think any Kardashian type is gonna get me. And I am abstinent- don't care how unpopular that is. And I'm not interested in any women who don't believe in God...... I don't really care if she's Muslim, Christian, whatever but I can't be with no atheist. I think I would have a heartattack if I had a kid and they came up to me and said "Daddy.... I'm an atheist".... I'd be like "that's it- I knew this day would come- we're moving to Saudi Arabia!" "but Daddy you're not even muslim!" "Don't care! You're going to learn some morals!" ***buys tickets***

Etagloc

Superstar

My exes were muscular, dark haired and tall with good facial features and street style when it came to clothes, like jeans with a leatherjacket. ..But such a-holes!

my ex that I said was hipster.... I would describe how she dressed as sort of like Juno.

I mean.... I really do focus more on personality than on looks, I think. I don't just say that.... I mean, I think it's a waste if someone is good-looking but has a bad personality. A gorgeous woman with an ugly personality is ugly to me.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
Funny thread Eta.
May you get smart, feminine, good natured, pious and beautiful Ameen.
The following applies to both men and women and are just my thoughts.
Average looking with brains and a neat attitude is beautiful for me.
Appreciate good nature and humour more and more as I get older however piety in a spouse is a fundamental.

Regarding OP. Benefits are for both men and women in healthy relationships methinks.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/14235/study-married-men-are-happier-aaron-bandler
Married men were also healthier from both a physical and mental standpoint; the study found that "men who get and stay married live almost 10 years longer than their unmarried peers." Part of this is because their spouses are more likely to push them to see a doctor as well as married men having healthier diets. But it's also due to the fact that married men can lean on their spouses for support in the case of illness and are, overall, just happier. In a survey of men asked if they are "very happy" with their lives, 43 percent of married men said yes, compared to 20 percent of single men and 21 percent of men in co-habitation relationships.
Thank you!

Yeah, I feel the same way about looks..... I don't really care about looks that much. I have to be attracted to her but...... average looking with brains and neat attitude sounds good to me too lol.

Etagloc

Superstar
also, I feel kinda weird talking about all this lol. This thread was meant to appreciate intelligent women. I made it because my neighbor says that intelligent women are underappreciated. I have no idea if that's true. She said that some women will actually try to seem less intelligent for some reason. I have no idea but I liked the picture I saw and I liked the message and my neighbor said intelligent women are underappreciated so I figured I'd make the thread lol.

Haich

Superstar
Intelligent women aren't sometimes appreciated and usually have to put other things before their careers. I don't think this is a bad thing since family must always come first, regardless if you're a man or woman, but men have more of an opportunity to exercise their intelligence I believe.

I definitely think some men are intimidated by smart women, they think they don't have influence over her and that she's always a step ahead. Again, it depends if the woman is arrogant and prideful, the more intellect you have the more humble you should be.

JoChris

Superstar

Part of me never wanted a super good looking guy i.e. better looking than me. I would be paranoid he would cheat on me or get hit on constantly by other women.
Cheaters or gay is what I saw happen to other young women.