Marriage Teaches Us About Unconditional Love.

rainerann

Star
I think sickness teaches about unconditional love personally. Sickness is what will make or break a marriage. In the hospital, I have seen many examples of this.

There was one lady, I don't remember her diagnosis, but it left her incontinent. She was once a dancer. She was still young and very pretty when she was in the hospital on frequent occasions. Her and her husband couldn't have been older than 35. Her husband would often stay with her for 12 hours at a time leaving to get food and go to the bathroom. He would change her and keep her clean and sit in a chair next to her hospital bed for hours. It was just one of the most profound acts of love I have ever seen.

There was another couple I saw once. They were maybe early 50's. The wife had some kind of liver disease. This was years ago, I don't remember exactly, but it caused fluid to build up in her abdominal region and she had severe jaundice. She was in the hospital for weeks at a time. Her husband would stay with her for up to 12 hours a day too. He would take her out for walks in the hallway and she would hold on to him for support because she was so weak. It was just beautiful.

Then, I remember another little old lady who was in her 80's. She was admitted from a nursing home. The story went that her husband left her when she was diagnosed with dementia and had already remarried. I would imagine he was an older man as well. It was just heartbreaking to think about spending your whole life with someone who couldn't wait a few more years until you had passed away to move on.

Throughout my time in the hospital, I have had to help some of the most difficult people in the community with patience. I have dealt with some of the most disgusting things. I have had people tell me that I must be a special person to work in this environment, which has always seemed like a strange thing to say. It is my job. If it was your job, you would do the same I would think, but maybe they wouldn't because not everyone is willing to love others unconditionally and this is a requirement to work with people who are sick whether they are your husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, or patient. Therefore, I think sickness is the greatest teacher of unconditional love in the world we live in today.

Ohh G_I_f will like this......
We safeguard each others rights to please God:D
Bingo
...... and to God is our unconditional love.
Thank you Siri and Orwell's mentor.;)
brb
I am sorry if i don't seem to get it.

I am sorry for not having updated the Islamic Videos thread yet.