Marriage or singledom for Christians - which is the better option?

morita

Veteran
There is no benefit for women?
There was a survey amongst the elderly about what their best accomplishements were in life.
Women would respond raising their kids, finding their passions, friendships.
Men would always respond that marrying their wife was their biggest accomplishement. Second would be buying material things (like a car, or a bungalow...)
In their wives they would find their best friend, second mother, nurturer, listener, etc because as wives women take on so many different roles for their husbands.
The men generally didn't have lasting friendships because they were more career-focused throughout their lives and as we know, men are less social creatures than women. As they got older they would rely entirely on their wife for emotional support.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Bachelorette because I find the broken ones. Mental disorders, alcoholism and lately even drugs included so I decided if that's what I go for, then I'll be alone. Always greatlooking prettyboys, often with good jobs too but with something really wrong.

Imagine a group of alphas all happily dancing around, courting, I ALWAYS choose the silent guy in the corner bc my heart bleeds for him and he's a riddle to be solved. Never fails..

Lisa

Superstar
There was a survey amongst the elderly about what their best accomplishements were in life.
Women would respond raising their kids, finding their passions, friendships.
Men would always respond that marrying their wife was their biggest accomplishement. Second would be buying material things (like a car, or a bungalow...)
In their wives they would find their best friend, second mother, nurturer, listener, etc because as wives women take on so many different roles for their husbands.
The men generally didn't have lasting friendships because they were more career-focused throughout their lives and as we know, men are less social creatures than women. As they got older they would rely entirely on their wife for emotional support.
I wonder if the women were also the ones that encouraged their children and grandchildren to get married and have babies to? Not all men are unsocial. My husband is more social than I am but I am an introvert.

morita

Veteran
I wonder if the women were also the ones that encouraged their children and grandchildren to get married and have babies to? Not all men are unsocial. My husband is more social than I am but I am an introvert.
It just that women define themsleves and their identity more through their relationships, they always want to be the best mom, the best friend, the best sister or the best wife possible. Men on the other end define themselves by other things than their relationships. Maybe it's starting to change, idk.