marketplace Q and A thread

polymoog

Superstar
looking for the cheapest bag of quinoa on the net?
organic deodorant? 100% cotton socks?
need stainless steel chicken wire for your coop and cant find it?
this is the thread for you to ask.

ALSO: post any kind of important tool or item which others might be interested.

why not all pool all of our research?

polymoog

Superstar
azomite:

amazon: 44# bag = 49 USD
ebay: 44# bag = 52 USD

cheapest ive seen: 19.80/ 44# bag. this is BEFORE shipping, but with the shipping, its still cheaper.
http://www.7springsfarm.com/azomite-for-plants-animals-micronized-powder-44-lb/ if you live near Va, then you can pick it up and save the money on the shipping.

the best route is either to try and find a local garden club and make a bulk order deal with a local distributor. http://azomite.com/azomite-home-page/where-to-buy-azomite-trace-mineral-products/

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
useful stuff in stainless steel (because i hate replacing things):

1. stainless steel zipties. fantastic if youre tired of the plastic ones breaking from the suns UV. theyre not too expensive.

2. stainless steel clothespins. again, the plastic ones break down. this is a must have. youll lose a few, but you can find them later and they wont have rotted like the wood ones.

3. stainless steel mason jar lids. if youre preserving/pickling something, youll need these. the original ones rust quickly.

now, i have stainless steel chopsticks (i eat with them most of the time), but i really dont like the feel of them compared to the wooden ones. its not that theyre much heavier, but they dont seem to 'give' like bamboo pair.

id probably have better luck on a chicken coop forum, but i am looking for leads on a decent price on stainless steel chicken wire. 4 foot high. (i checked amazon and ebay).

Lurker

Star
i am looking for leads on a decent price on stainless steel chicken wire
Good luck with that. I'm sure it is worth it, but stainless steel ain't cheap and probably a very small market for stainless chicken wire. Let us know what you find.

polymoog

Superstar
Good luck with that. I'm sure it is worth it, but stainless steel ain't cheap and probably a very small market for stainless chicken wire. Let us know what you find.
insane is doing the same thing over and over again.... so i am done with galvanized chickenwire mesh.

ive got 150 foot roll thats 2' high on amazon. 150 feet for 130 USD. for the 4 feet, youd need two and then sew it together with stainless wire.
i also found a 4` high roll on another site. 100 feet for 300 USD.

there are a few selling it on ali baba but that site turns me off.

the SS scrap market is low, yet SS items are priced high. id be interested if its a recycling/melting issue or theyre just gouging the public.

polymoog

Superstar
if anyone in here takes vitamineral green, its usually 65 bucks/500 gram bottle.
ive found it for 52.77 each. free shipping over 100 USD.

dr bronners soap bars: same site, $0.07 less than amazon or vitacost.

can anyone beat this?

i found this at vitaglo.com.

polymoog

Superstar
looking for turmeric powder, organic.

3 factors:
best quality (organic)
highest % curcumin content
best price.

anyone have a good source?
does anyone take the caps instead of the powder?

polymoog

Superstar
i found bulk white organic popcorn (50 pound bag) for 46.50 USD + 13.70 shipping (well, where i am).
the blue or red popcorn, 50# bag (non-OG) is 39.74 + aforementioned ship price.

amazon is a ripoff at 97 USD.

i found bulk white organic popcorn (50 pound bag) for 46.50 USD + 13.70 shipping (well, where i am).
the blue or red popcorn, 50# bag (non-OG) is 39.74 + aforementioned ship price.

amazon is a ripoff at 97 USD.
Yeah, it is. You might want to take a look at this campaign against here: https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-corporations.7509/post-308796. Granted, I see that it's only privy to Canadians signing the petition, but it does say a lot about Amazon and Mr. Bezos.

Anything that I see on that site that's not regularly sold in stores, I'm just going to ask a store if they can order it. I've heard they can do that at times, provided they carry the brand.

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
Generators. I am considering THIS one but it runs at 66 decibels (I hope that that is at full load). Does anyone have any experience with generators and/or decibel levels?

polymoog

Superstar
Generators. I am considering THIS one but it runs at 66 decibels (I hope that that is at full load). Does anyone have any experience with generators and/or decibel levels?
a friend has a honda. he said it was very good, but if you are looking for something quiet, its probably not for you.

just an idea: get the best generator, then invest in some soundproofing:

or, cheaper...

https://www.amazon.com/Siless-pack-Acoustic-Panels-Soundproof/dp/B082QK7B8N/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=soundproof+foam&qid=1593736409&sr=8-5

the dimensions of the generator you want arent very large (21.5 x 25"), so making a small, lightweight box and lining the interior of the box with the acoustic panels would do the trick.

Lurker

Star
a friend has a honda. he said it was very good, but if you are looking for something quiet, its probably not for you.

or, cheaper...

https://www.amazon.com/Siless-pack-Acoustic-Panels-Soundproof/dp/B082QK7B8N/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=soundproof+foam&qid=1593736409&sr=8-5

the dimensions of the generator you want arent very large (21.5 x 25"), so making a small, lightweight box and lining the interior of the box with the acoustic panels would do the trick.
That is certainly an option. I think I'm going to get a decibel meter and use the lawn mower for a reference. Plus the meter would still be fun during thunderstorms. Also, I'm not sure that I need 6500w. It would power several things at once, but I really wouldn't be running those things at the same time. Though the higher watt would give me the best chance of running it at a quarter load.

polymoog

Superstar
wait-- before you buy the decibel meter, you could contact the company and ask them directly. or check a youtube video and hear how it sounds.

Lurker

Star
I've watched a few videos of various models. Just can't be certain of the sound accuracy. They all seemed like commercials. At least with a meter, I can somewhat gauge a tolerable level before buying. Assuming the stated specs are accurate.

Daze

Superstar
Sound proofing a generator is actually pretty easy. Just build a box around it and insulate it with fiberglass or tough R sheets. You can even go beyond this and put acoustic tile on it and other sound proofing materials. Of course it would need a vent for exhaust fumes, but 90% of the noise can be obliterated by boxing it in.

I assume the generator is to run a house (large load)? If its for smaller loads like powering tools, an inverter with a battery is cheaper and makes no noise at all.

polymoog

Superstar
looking for bulk nutritional yeast or brewers yeast.

found it for 110 USD/ 50 lb. bag. free shipping.

can anyone beat that?

polymoog

Superstar
does anyone know what to look for when buying a 3D printer?

has anyone worked with one before?

Simka

Established
Where do you usually buy ink and printer toner cartridges? I have two printers at home and need to change cartridges in both of them.