Marilyn Manson dropped by record label

AlcyoneSong

Established
No surprise but Marilyn Manson has been dropped by his record label and his cameos are being scrubbed from tv shows due to allegations of abuse that has surfaced.
To say I’m not shocked is the truth, this guy has been playing with fire for years. He made a career out of writing songs that celebrated the darkness so it’s finally catching up to him. I’m curious as to what the FBI will find on his computer hard drive too.

Aero

Superstar
Not to be crude, but dudes dickrode Marlyn Manson for so long.

He must have had a good PR agent or something. I swear I've heard dudes be like Marlyn Manson is really smart. Or he's actually a nice guy. And didn't he have a really religious upbringing or something?

Clearly, taking down Epstein and Weinstein wasn't enough. So I have little confidence the FBI is going to handle this. Give me 1 minute in a lucid dream, and I'll do em all. Not to get hardcore or anything, but if it makes anyone feel better, we can say God is guiding my hand.

Or we can just say it's a cap. It's not like Marlyn Manson's whole career wasn't him capping.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Not to be crude, but dudes dickrode Marlyn Manson for so long.

He must have had a good PR agent or something. I swear I've heard dudes be like Marlyn Manson is really smart. Or he's actually a nice guy. And didn't he have a really religious upbringing or something?

Clearly, taking down Epstein and Weinstein wasn't enough. So I have little confidence the FBI is going to handle this. Give me 1 minute in a lucid dream, and I'll do em all. Not to get hardcore or anything, but if it makes anyone feel better, we can say God is guiding my hand.

Or we can just say it's a cap. It's not like Marlyn Manson's whole career wasn't him capping.
He went to a private school against his will. He had a bad relationship with his mother, and has certain traits of a sociopath/narcissist. Soo putting aside heaven and hell for a moment, he has issues. Issues he’s been self-medicating for years with hard drugs and alcohol. I wonder if disassociation is something he has done and now even he is struggling to find himself again.

Aero

Superstar
He went to a private school against his will. He had a bad relationship with his mother, and has certain traits of a sociopath/narcissist. Soo putting aside heaven and hell for a moment, he has issues. Issues he’s been self-medicating for years with hard drugs and alcohol. I wonder if disassociation is something he has done and now even he is struggling to find himself again.
Yeah, hard drugs really change people after years of heavy use. I haven't read all the details of the abuse on either side. I think a lot of people are dissociated, though.

Jung might say it's like the "bully" archetype. Everyone has it and can either sink into or expel it outward. Of course, those are the extremes on the natural scale of balance—the relationship with the mother being key to solving that balance puzzle.

I could go on, but I feel like I need to ask. Shouldn't we be all in on shaming him?

AlcyoneSong

Established
Yeah, hard drugs really change people after years of heavy use. I haven't read all the details of the abuse on either side. I think a lot of people are dissociated, though.

Jung might say it's like the "bully" archetype. Everyone has it and can either sink into or expel it outward. Of course, those are the extremes on the natural scale of balance—the relationship with the mother being key to solving that balance puzzle.

I could go on, but I feel like I need to ask. Shouldn't we be all in on shaming him?
I would say yes, but I know he's a narcissist/sociopath and has displayed this personality disorder for a long time in his art and music. It just is interesting to see his ex-girlfriends now coming forward and speaking up now that California law has changed to give the victims more power to prosecute. Even his ex-wife Dita Von Teese has suggested that the reason for her divorce from him was that he had affairs and was abusive. She didn't come out and say it at the time, she is speaking up now.

"Wood has previously referred to being raped and abused in interviews and on social media and in 2019 she created the Phoenix Act, which extends the statute of limitations on domestic violence from three years to five. The bill was signed into law by California governor Gavin Newsom in October 2019, and took effect in January 2020."
Here is the thing about my first comment on this, is that Manson supposedly supported a charity called Nightlight that was set up to "protect" children and youth from domestic violence and abuse. Now it seems like he is the monster that the children and youth should be running from all along. Even if he was a victim himself, it does not excuse his actions. More disturbingly, he has progressively given up his better self to darker things, esoteric spirituality that is not focused on life, light, and hope but has dwelled in darkness and destruction as the "muse" for his "art". Sure it's dripping with satire and sarcasm about the institutions and hypocrisy of the American Dream, but that doesn't excuse his behavior offstage, behind closed doors.

All of that work has been pulled out from under him because he has become the monster. The symbolic tattoos on his fingers, hand, arm show this. He has chosen, vocally, to follow that path, and those who follow the path have to pay the piper eventually. It looks like the beginning of the end for him as more people come forward.

Lurking009

Veteran
More virtue signalling. They knew exactly who he was and were fine with it... until he got called out in public. That's how this all works.

Aero

Superstar
I would say yes, but I know he's a narcissist/sociopath and has displayed this personality disorder for a long time in his art and music. It just is interesting to see his ex-girlfriends now coming forward and speaking up now that California law has changed to give the victims more power to prosecute. Even his ex-wife Dita Von Teese has suggested that the reason for her divorce from him was that he had affairs and was abusive. She didn't come out and say it at the time, she is speaking up now.
Alter-egos can be bad news. More importantly, few people understand the mechanics there. Alters are like a form of protection, and over-time they get trained up pretty well. Add all that into a culture that only ridicules mental health, and it's a bad mix.

I hope everyone involved gets the help they need. It sucks how we let things like this snowball out of control. It's somewhat encouraging that all of this is coming out at a time when people are being pushed apart.

AlcyoneSong

Established
More virtue signalling. They knew exactly who he was and were fine with it... until he got called out in public. That's how this all works.
Eh? No what is happening is he is looking more and more like a “handler” that has lost control. Maybe the powers that be see him as a liability and are now letting things run their course. I’m not sure but I know he was associated with an artist who drew lifelike portraits of distressed children and he ran with a group that seemed to celebrate the suffering of children and destruction of innocence as if that was good. He even had a preserved human fetus as a table decoration.

Aero

Superstar
Are we supposed to feel bad he got punched in the face and read the "Necronomicon"? LOL, I didn't watch the whole video, so my bad if I seem uninformed.

Helioform

Star
I remember someone telling me once about something that happened when they went to one of his concerts. Manson brought puppies to his show, then said that he would not sing unless people in the audience ripped off the limbs of the puppies...that guy is SERIOUSLY messed up in the head.

And he is/was into the occult. I remember him writing on the net just before the year 2000, that he was looking forward to 2000 ushering in the "Age of Horus." And that Jesus was some kind of "magician."

Aero

Superstar
Hurting puppies isn't even sinister; it's just cruel.

Manson came out with a statement today, which was a straightforward denial. I would rather hear his actual side of the story, though.

AlcyoneSong

Established
I remember someone telling me once about something that happened when they went to one of his concerts. Manson brought puppies to his show, then said that he would not sing unless people in the audience ripped off the limbs of the puppies...that guy is SERIOUSLY messed up in the head.

And he is/was into the occult. I remember him writing on the net just before the year 2000, that he was looking forward to 2000 ushering in the "Age of Horus." And that Jesus was some kind of "magician."
That is a stupid internet myth that's been perpetuated since 1999. It's been debunked by the ASPCA.
ASPCA Comment Regarding Marilyn Manson Internet Hoax
April 16, 1999
The recent Internet postings accusing rock musician Marilyn Manson of killing puppies, chickens or any other animal in concert are false. This has been confirmed by the ASPCA with his manager, and by recent attendance at his concert by a friend of the ASPCA. Call it an 'urban legend,' 'Internet myth' or plain old 'hoax,' it is simply not true. Intentional animal cruelty to a companion animal is a felony in at least 27 states and a misdemeanor in the rest. If anyone has any documented evidence or first-hand accounts of animal cruelty it should be reported to the local police or humane society in that town. Please pass this information along to other concerned animal lovers and anyone else spreading this rumor.
The rumor may sound fresh, but it's not. There are Usenet postings accusing Manson of the same offenses dating back to 1996. What is new is that as of this month the allegations are now circulating via chain email.
Here is the thing, where I live, people practice a version of Voudou called Santaria, and every now and then someone will find a bag of decapitated chickens or dead goats in a canal. So far killing farm animals is as far as it's gone, but it is unnerving that this practice is happening and the law enforcement aren't really doing anything to stop it. It's one of those "culturally sensitive" things. Whatever.

Manson IS a Priest in the "Church of Satan" of California. Source: https://www.crfashionbook.com/mens/a30297235/marilyn-manson-reverend-anton-lavey/
Manson DOES have Satanic tattoos and esoteric tattoos, sigals on his person.
Manson DOES show narcissistic personality disorder

However, on the same side of the coin being devils advocate here, Manson has been abused himself. He has a history of dysfunction, and struggles with addictions. Was Jesus a magician? Some might think that, but Jesus himself said "satan won't cast out demons in his own name" go fig. Even Jesus himself had to deal with that mislabeling. I also know that there are attention seeking people who will do just about anything to draw attention to themselves and to make themselves into the victim for some type of monetary reward/compensation. YET, the difference here is that we have women from across the world, from different walks and stages of life who are coming forward and accusing him of very similar MO's. We also have television/media groups disowning him because of this, so I think there is some actual "weight" to these allegations that has not been released to the public due to the legal nature of it.

Manson is living up to his namesake.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
That is a stupid internet myth that's been perpetuated since 1999. It's been debunked by the ASPCA.

Here is the thing, where I live, people practice a version of Voudou called Santaria, and every now and then someone will find a bag of decapitated chickens or dead goats in a canal. So far killing farm animals is as far as it's gone, but it is unnerving that this practice is happening and the law enforcement aren't really doing anything to stop it. It's one of those "culturally sensitive" things. Whatever.

Manson IS a Priest in the "Church of Satan" of California. Source: https://www.crfashionbook.com/mens/a30297235/marilyn-manson-reverend-anton-lavey/
Manson DOES have Satanic tattoos and esoteric tattoos, sigals on his person.
Manson DOES show narcissistic personality disorder

However, on the same side of the coin being devils advocate here, Manson has been abused himself. He has a history of dysfunction, and struggles with addictions. Was Jesus a magician? Some might think that, but Jesus himself said "satan won't cast out demons in his own name" go fig. Even Jesus himself had to deal with that mislabeling. I also know that there are attention seeking people who will do just about anything to draw attention to themselves and to make themselves into the victim for some type of monetary reward/compensation. YET, the difference here is that we have women from across the world, from different walks and stages of life who are coming forward and accusing him of very similar MO's. We also have television/media groups disowning him because of this, so I think there is some actual "weight" to these allegations that has not been released to the public due to the legal nature of it.

Manson is living up to his namesake.
Those are not just internet postings there were affidavits claiming he did this. And he did not abuse the puppies himself, he told the crowd to. There is no proof someone did but the affidavits have credibility.

And yes he is a priest of the CoS so everything said about him is credible.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Those are not just internet postings there were affidavits claiming he did this. And he did not abuse the puppies himself, he told the crowd to. There is no proof someone did but the affidavits have credibility.

And yes he is a priest of the CoS so everything said about him is credible.
The so called affidavits never named anyone. They were in fact completely fabricated as several music reporters were at the so called concert in Oklahoma and nothing of that nature happened. Manson's attorney countersued the person and their organization for libel.

Here is the thing, its when you have people who deliberately fabricate things to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. What happens is the real victims actually suffer from this action as the ones who cry wolf are seen as liars and therefore others who cry wolf are not taken seriously either and they pay the price.

That's partially why Evan Rachel Wood kept silent all these years not daring to name the person who had groomed her and abused her. She knows the industry, she knows his reputation, and she knows the lies. She also knows he's lawyered up, so she had to be very careful, thus pushing the Phoenix Act through FIRST before coming out and naming him. She's clever.

Maes17

Superstar
He's been on American Gods up to this point in the season....
So I watched this.
His upbringing really affected him as an adult.

His morbid form of art is an expression.
Something to consider with artist is they are pretty emotionally damaged in some shape or form.

This is their soul practically on display

Lurking009

Veteran
Eh? No what is happening is he is looking more and more like a “handler” that has lost control. Maybe the powers that be see him as a liability and are now letting things run their course. I’m not sure but I know he was associated with an artist who drew lifelike portraits of distressed children and he ran with a group that seemed to celebrate the suffering of children and destruction of innocence as if that was good. He even had a preserved human fetus as a table decoration.
They [record labels, studios] were fine with Manson's behavior until it collided with accusations made public. They [record labels, studios] don't really care about what he did. They [record labels, studios] are pretending to care now because it makes them look bad and they are therefore making a big show of canceling Manson. Hence: They [record labels, studios] are merely virtue signalling.