Mariah Carey’s sister reveals she was sexually abused by satanic cult

Space

Rookie
This article came out three months ago but it seems no one really cared.
I don't know if she is telling the truth, but there's something really wrong with that family. This woman is totally a wreck, the abuses might be a cause for that.

MARIAH Carey’s sister has revealed her traumatic childhood in which she was taken to terrifying “Satanic” ceremonies by a close family member and sexually abused.
In an exclusive interview with Sun Online, Alison Carey, 56, told how a close family member used to take her to occult gatherings in the early hours of the morning where she was abused by cloaked worshippers.

Although Alison never saw Mariah, now 48, at the gatherings she fears she may have been a victim too - after their brother Morgan also confirmed he was taken to the occult group as a child.

Alison, who is currently struggling to survive on food stamps in a small apartment in upstate New York, said that the family member who led the cult threatened to hurt Mariah if Alison ever told anyone what was going on.

“It sounds hard to believe and I have so many memories I wish I never had,” she said.
“A close family member used to wake me up just before 2am and take me to an old hall that looked like a castle, which was a short walk from the church we used to attend in Huntington, New York.
“The place is still there I could show you exactly where it is.

“I never understood what was going on - I remember there was some kind of a table or altar and they would chant and every one would stand in a circle. There would be around 20 people there - including children."
Alison, who bears a striking resemblance to her famous younger sister, claims that she was sexually abused at the meetings.
“Then terrible things would happen - things that a child should never see," she said.
“I was sexually abused there. They told me that if I didn’t do what they told me or if I told them what was going on they would harm Mariah.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5917183/mariah-careys-sister-reveals-traumatic-childhood-in-which-she-was-sexually-abused-survived-an-arson-attack-and-was-taken-to-satanic-gatherings/

hyorishthottie

Established
Most likely so.

I feel so bad for her but I don't doubt it for a minute.
Also no shade to VC users but why do GENIUNELY THOUGHT PROVOKING THREADS get ignored with only views and no replies but open ended threads that are a migraine and brew arguments seem the most popular? I don't get it?

Violette

Star
Most likely so.

Also no shade to VC users but why do GENIUNELY THOUGHT PROVOKING THREADS get ignored with only views and no replies but open ended threads that are a migraine and brew arguments seem the most popular? I don't get it?
Because people get more satisfaction from “winning” arguments than from having thought provoking conversations.

Violette

Star
so sad. that's why I don't post many threads cause there is no drama in whatever topics I wanna discuss LOL.
the religious ones about god or politics seem wild they go hard in those threads
People are very passionate about their beliefs which is fine but feuds spill over into threads and It just gets messy o_O I don’t have the energy for it anymore lol

rainerann

Star
Most likely so.

I think with a thread like this, there is just limited information. It is technically a tabloid article, which doesn't mean it isn't true, but it is the reality of the matter. There are no other articles to support or discuss the subject. We are also talking about a victim's story, so we are not able to speak for her. Unless she wants to come forward in a more persistent way, something like this will get forgotten because it is hard place to be in for other people. Ritual abuse, or any kind of sexual abuse, kind of makes people respond to you in a similar way to having a death in the family. Have you ever been to a funeral for someone that you weren't entirely close to and felt like you didn't know what to say to the person who was a family member or someone else who was really close to the person.

That is kind of what happens when people hear about any kind of sexual abuse. They kind of get tongue tied. It is usually a sign that someone is trying to be respectful so it isn't something to be offended by. It just is what it is. The victim has to be willing to gain more exposure for this experience herself, or it likely something that will get forgotten because people just don't know what to say so they don't sound insensitive, or whatever.

I appreciate sharing something like this here at the forum because I hadn't heard of something like this. It brought this to my attention to pray about, but even I don't really know what else to say about it and I can relate to what she is saying to a certain extent.

hyorishthottie

Established
I think with a thread like this, there is just limited information. It is technically a tabloid article, which doesn't mean it isn't true, but it is the reality of the matter. There are no other articles to support or discuss the subject. We are also talking about a victim's story, so we are not able to speak for her. Unless she wants to come forward in a more persistent way, something like this will get forgotten because it is hard place to be in for other people. Ritual abuse, or any kind of sexual abuse, kind of makes people respond to you in a similar way to having a death in the family. Have you ever been to a funeral for someone that you weren't entirely close to and felt like you didn't know what to say to the person who was a family member or someone else who was really close to the person.

That is kind of what happens when people hear about any kind of sexual abuse. They kind of get tongue tied. It is usually a sign that someone is trying to be respectful so it isn't something to be offended by. It just is what it is. The victim has to be willing to gain more exposure for this experience herself, or it likely something that will get forgotten because people just don't know what to say so they don't sound insensitive, or whatever.

I appreciate sharing something like this here at the forum because I hadn't heard of something like this. It brought this to my attention to pray about, but even I don't really know what else to say about it and I can relate to what she is saying to a certain extent.
I think the OP was posting this to open a discussion about possibilities and more further talk on ritual abuse using that article as an ice breaker / introduction. But at the same time I fully understand your point. But I do see numerous threads that have potential just go unnoticed or ignored while very loose ended if not complicated threads get all the attention. But this is a very niche post in general about a star nobody particularly cares about anymore.

But it was nice to see something different. Because I'm more informed on Mariah Carey, I was able to be ready to discuss. So I can excuse this one to some degree cause I think people who don't even really listen to her will have anything to say over the touchiness of the subject. I see extremely touchy subjects on here being discussed in the 100s. But hey to each his and her own.