People were wiser back then,I guess.

Because '13 reas0ns why' series made suicide glamorous for the youth.There was a spike in suicide rates after the screening of the series.The concept of exacting vengeance beyond death sounded appealing to a lot of teenagers,the target demographic.
vc wrote an article
"Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry recently published a study titled Association Between the Release of Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and Suicide Rates in the United States: An Interrupted Times Series Analysis and its conclusion is quite telling:
The release of 13 Reasons Why was associated with a significant increase in monthly suicide rates among U.S. youth aged 10 to 17 years. Caution regarding the exposure of children and adolescents to the series is warranted.​
According to the study, 13 Reasons Why was associated with a 28.9% increase in suicide rates amongst young people directly following its release in April 2017. The number of deaths by suicide recorded during this month was greater than the number seen in any single month during the five-year period examined by the researchers."

Same shit they said with the theme from MASH and Suicide Solution by Ozzy

Deadlylady

Established
Has anyone else noticed (i suppose) a huge increase of bloody aesthetics & murder themes in pop music this year?
Billie Eilish bleeding for no reason in her "Bad Guy" video

Iggy Azalea's new album cover

Cardi B's latest music video "press" which is basically an ode to murder
View attachment 23570

And i'm not even counting all these hip-hop videos lately
i know murder and violence have always been recurrent themes in hip-hop but why is it more and more glamorized in pop music lately?
They want to show that having the right to own guns is dangerous and leads to people dying. And also subliminaly is pushing people to kill each other too by making it look "cool".

Murder has been a theme in music... Like, forever. There have been folk ballads about murder since people actually began to write them down in the late 1800's. They've been sung long before that. I'm also not entirely sure that violence, on its own, is enough to desensitize. I've played plenty of violent video games, watched a lot of violent movies, etc. Real violence bothers me.

The issue is dehmanization; when you consider another human being not worthy of life.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Established
Has anyone else noticed (i suppose) a huge increase of bloody aesthetics & murder themes in pop culture this year?
Billie Eilish bleeding for no reason in her "Bad Guy" video

Iggy Azalea's new album cover

Cardi B's latest music video "press" which is basically an ode to "killing the haters" (literally)
View attachment 23570

A gif from Halsey's latest music video "Nightmare" :

And i'm not even counting all these hip-hop videos lately
i know murder and violence have always been recurrent themes in hip-hop but why is it more and more glamorized, even in pop music lately?
Deeply disturbing, this is not art or edgy.

Do you think that the time on the clock and the shape of the clock in the "Bad Guy" video represent anything?