Mandela Effect?

Tatilina

Star
da hell is that?
A false memory is the psychological phenomenon in which a person recalls a memory that did not actually occur. It’s often cited with and has a strong connotation to some type of trauma such as sexual abuse and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). While it would be quite rare for Mandela Effects to originate as false memories, it could fit in those lesser known or less believed ones as the scenario would typically be very specific to the person with the false memory. Because of the trauma involved with these cases, the subject would be quite resistant to accept any new evidence in opposition of their belief as their brain has literally implanted this idea as a counter to protect itself from mental harm, thus introducing cognitive dissonance.

mecca

Superstar
A false memory is the psychological phenomenon in which a person recalls a memory that did not actually occur. It’s often cited with and has a strong connotation to some type of trauma such as sexual abuse and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). While it would be quite rare for Mandela Effects to originate as false memories, it could fit in those lesser known or less believed ones as the scenario would typically be very specific to the person with the false memory. Because of the trauma involved with these cases, the subject would be quite resistant to accept any new evidence in opposition of their belief as their brain has literally implanted this idea as a counter to protect itself from mental harm, thus introducing cognitive dissonance.
Have those actually been proven though?

Wokejuan

Rookie
I was always iffy on this whole deal. But the one that got me bad is Mr Rogers. It was always "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" then someone brought up him saying "this neighborhood"

I know memory to be fickle sometimes. But I watched this show every single day for many, many years. Even well into adulthood on sick days.
When I heard this version it literally made my stomach hurt. I dunno what it is but this example sealed it for me.

mecca

Superstar
I was always iffy on this whole deal. But the one that got me bad is Mr Rogers. It was always "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" then someone brought up him saying "this neighborhood"

I know memory to be fickle sometimes. But I watched this show every single day for many, many years. Even well into adulthood on sick days.
When I heard this version it literally made my stomach hurt. I dunno what it is but this example sealed it for me.

I thought he said both. But I only watched the show like twice when I was younger so IDK.

While it's fun to think the Mandela Effect is glitch in the Matrix, or remember something form an alternative timeline... Our memories are a lot more fragile than people want to admit.

My father had a heart attack twelve years ago and was dead for five minute, leading to some brain damage. After that, he had a major stroke. Since then, his memories aren't all that great anymore... He doesn't remember somethings at all, remembers other things wrong, and has occasionally remembered things that never even happened. There's no Mandela Effect involved there.

Likewise, when Gene Wilder died last year I had to do a double take... I could have sworn he already died. I vividly remembered some "Pure Imagination" tributes... Did I predict the future? Did he die in some other reality that I'm aware of that no one to my knowledge is? Maybe... Or maybe I just remember things being different because our brains aren't always working like they should.

Serveto

Star
While it's fun to think the Mandela Effect is glitch in the Matrix, or remember something form an alternative timeline... Our memories are a lot more fragile than people want to admit.
Sorry to hear about your father's disability, Corvus.

I was one who, in this thread, attributed it to "glitches in the matrix." As I see it, the popular movie, The Matrix, was (conceptually) based in large part on the Hindu, or Indian, principle of the world being, in essence, Maya, or illusion, and often a very convincing collective illusion at that. While I am not here defending any Hindu doctrines, human memories, brains, etc., whether fully functional or impaired, are thus part of that illusion, and glitches in human memory are, or contribute to, glitches in the matrix. The matrix, in other words, and again only as I see it, is not always external and other.

Last edited:
There's some things that are just poor memory, though.

I mean, like the whole Berenstain Bears things, there's some people that swear Sex and the City used to be Sex IN the City... But as long as I can remember, at least when the show was edited and throw into syndication and I became aware of it because I'm a night owl it was Sex and the City. Ditto for KitKat.

I would have argued that for the bears, it was Berenstein... But it could have just been how people read it to me or that since when I grew up, there was a local lawyer advertised with the family name of Berenstien and since they were similar, by brain lumped the two together. I mean, there's a lot of explanations that want to dismiss before I leap to extremes.

Carolyn

Star
Is it just me or has the whole Mandela Effect thing gone a bit quiet, just over a month ago there seemed to be videos and posts about it all over the place!?
Maybe we have shifted into a new reality where the Mandela Effect has disappeared and only some of us remember it lol hows that for irony!?

Trenton

Veteran
Is it just me or has the whole Mandela Effect thing gone a bit quiet, just over a month ago there seemed to be videos and posts about it all over the place!?
Maybe we have shifted into a new reality where the Mandela Effect has disappeared and only some of us remember it lol hows that for irony!?
Lol if only!

Sherekeewoman

Rookie
Lol if only!
I was just thinking the same thing. It is if a wave was hit and then things settled back into "reality". Really interesting. There were too many silly videos out there and it made the whole thing difficult to navigate. I don't believe in the "false memory" thing either... that is an old elitist argument that makes people question their own minds and it is dangerous. I know what I know.... it was Berenstein my whole life, period. There are many changes going on right now. The earth is changing....people are changing. Can't you feel it?

Infinite Truth

Established
A bit of light reading on the guy who discovered "false memory syndrome" his name is Peter J Freud,
"Freyd and his wife Pamela founded the False Memory Syndrome Foundation in 1992,[3] after Freyd was accused of sexual abuse by his daughter Jennifer.[3][4] Freyd denies the accusations"
Here is some info on it in the link below, I basically think it has been conjured up to discredit mk ultra survivors.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/54324316/False-Memory-Syndrome-Foundation-MK-ULTRA#
All the people affiliated with the false memory syndrome foundation have a link somewhere to mk ultra.

Last edited:

redqueen

Superstar
Thanks Frank
this is what I mean how was this not
a bigger thing than it is specially if it's
the first terrorist attack,caused the USA
to join world war 1 it's mind boggling as
this is what comes back for the world war 1
thing

still no mention of this above ME,and yeah as the
guy in Your video says the city of where it happened
Ya would think at the least would have some kinda
ceremony,monument,plaque anything to commemorate
the attack and those lost/injured

Ya would think that being its the very first terrorist attack
though that the whole country would have some sorta
memorial/remembrance,anything really to at least
acknowledge it happened considering how they treat

it's also strange that when the 119 happened it was
said to be the very first attack on USA soil that I recall
clear as day

this was the reason for the espionage act,yet the
googs I did on that didn't bring anything about this back
either here's just a few and the lil write up at the top of
the search

"
It was intended to prohibit interference with military operations or recruitment, to prevent insubordination in the military, and to prevent the support of United States enemies during wartime.
Long title: An Act to punish acts of interference with the foreign relations, and the fore...
Enacted by: the 65th United States Congress
Effective: June 15, 1917"

so what the heck then,this is an extremely strange one
for me even and I'm not American lol

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Thanks Frank
this is what I mean how was this not
a bigger thing than it is specially if it's
the first terrorist attack,caused the USA
to join world war 1 it's mind boggling as
this is what comes back for the world war 1
thing

still no mention of this above ME,and yeah as the
guy in Your video says the city of where it happened
Ya would think at the least would have some kinda
ceremony,monument,plaque anything to commemorate
the attack and those lost/injured

Ya would think that being its the very first terrorist attack
though that the whole country would have some sorta
memorial/remembrance,anything really to at least
acknowledge it happened considering how they treat

it's also strange that when the 119 happened it was
said to be the very first attack on USA soil that I recall
clear as day

this was the reason for the espionage act,yet the
googs I did on that didn't bring anything about this back
either here's just a few and the lil write up at the top of
the search

"
It was intended to prohibit interference with military operations or recruitment, to prevent insubordination in the military, and to prevent the support of United States enemies during wartime.
Long title: An Act to punish acts of interference with the foreign relations, and the fore...
Enacted by: the 65th United States Congress
Effective: June 15, 1917"

so what the heck then,this is an extremely strange one
for me even and I'm not American lol
No, it's very odd. None of it makes sense. The guy from Jersey City says that when he was younger people were allowed to enter the torch area of the Masonic Statue of Liberty. The new version says that its been closed since the attack. WT??