Mandela Effect?

Trenton

Veteran
Most things I see mentioned with the Mandela Effect are things that I remember being one way and didn't realize were different until this phenomenon pointed them out. Some of them have valid explanations, like the Darth Vader line being "No, I am your father!" rather than "Luke, I am your father!" To me, it makes sense that the original line wouldn't be used verbatim in parodies/references in TV and movies going forward because "No, I am your father" is a vague reference out of context. So, in order to provide context you switch it to "Luke, I am your father" and people will understand more easily where the reference is coming from even if they hadn't seen Star Wars. Enough TV shows and movies do this and it becomes imprinted on much of society that "Luke" is the actual line. So I get that one.

Here is the one that makes it plain and clear to me personally that something is up with this: In the hit TV show I Love Lucy, apparently Ricky Ricardo never once says, "Lucy, you've got some splainin' to do!" That is preposterous to me. I loved Nick@Nite as a kid and loved old shows like I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company, and plenty more. I know for a fact that Ricky's most famous line or catchphrase from that show while I was growing up was, "Lucy! You got some splainin' to do!" and then Lucy would reply, "Awww, Rickyyyy!" and often that would be the end of the scene or end of the show.

Now, I've not gone back myself and rewatched all of I Love Lucy to verify that this portion of the show has indeed been altered, I'm just taking the internet's word for it. One day I will certainly do it myself, but just hearing that that apparently isn't a thing in the show really fucked with me.
The I love Lucy one really bugs me too. One of my favourite shows of all time... I swore I heard him say it... Besides that everyone quotes it.

Maybe I didn't hear him say it. Maybe I only assume I did because everyone quotes it. But I swear I can hear the exact way he says it in my head... His throaty Cuban accent and all. Fucking bizarro.

Trenton

Veteran
I think a lot of the Mandela Effects can be disproven tbh and feel like a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon looking for the most ridiculous stuff that is just pointless. One thing though that I do think is very strange is the fact that I remember very clearly that your heart was over to the left in your chest and not in the middle!!! like wt actual f is that about? I know this 100 % I mean sure fair enough if this is just what we thought because of the lack of medical knowledge but I am only 40 not a few hundred years old, they had x rays and scanners when I was a child so this is not somethingt that could have been easily mistaken am sure!!
I learned (in the 90s) the heart is on the left of the sternum. Pretty close to the center but definitely off to the left a bit.

I thought this was common knowledge for over 100 years.

Is the heart dead center now or something?

I've seen Mandela effect vids saying we have extra bones, bigger bones, blah blah. The one that makes me cringe is seeing folks go "our stomachs used to be in the middle of our belly. Now they're saying it is up under the ribcage"

Like... Yeah? The stomach has always been protected by the rib cage? Mine has anyway... o_O

Maybe some folks didn't get a good anatomy lesson in school? I learned this stuff in 2nd and 3rd grade.

mecca

Superstar
I learned (in the 90s) the heart is on the left of the sternum. Pretty close to the center but definitely off to the left a bit.

I thought this was common knowledge for over 100 years.

Is the heart dead center now or something?

I've seen Mandela effect vids saying we have extra bones, bigger bones, blah blah. The one that makes me cringe is seeing folks go "our stomachs used to be in the middle of our belly. Now they're saying it is up under the ribcage"

Like... Yeah? The stomach has always been protected by the rib cage? Mine has anyway... o_O

Maybe some folks didn't get a good anatomy lesson in school? I learned this stuff in 2nd and 3rd grade.
people just don't understand anatomy

Serveto

Star
Mark 2:22 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

That is the original KJV!! I couldn't believe it and so I grabbed the oldest Bible I had access to. It was a KJV printed at the turn of the century, it was dedicated handwritten in 1906 and it had been sitting in an attic far away from Bible editing interlopers. Even the NIV says wineskins, bottles doesn't make sense at all and it ruins the meaning of the verse. It is really scary because it isn't the only verse that has changed.
I did the same thing. Knowing, beyond doubt, because instruction in the KJV was part of my instruction in grammar, that it was "wineskins," I went to my father's library. There I located an old Scottish Presbyterian KJV, dated to the late 1800's, and read, to my amazement, "bottles." I called some of my old schoolmates, asked them to look into it, and they replicated what you here say.

This is baffling. For now, I go with Corvus's comment: "glitches in the matrix."
Edit to add: I checked Matthew 9:17, not Mark 2:22, but with the same results.

Last edited:

SkepticCat

Veteran
Mandela-effect is real. It is NOT people mis-remembering things. The Bible is being aggressively changed, it's nuts! We now have a WOLF sleeping with the lamb, robberies, Queen Elizabeth mentioned in the KJV foreword, apostle Paul becoming a [transgender?] Pauline, 'Italy' being mentioned despite not being formed until 1861 etc:

It's not just the Bible, it's all kinds of things. Lots of examples on YouTube.

This is the single most important thing happening in the conspiracy world that I'm aware of. 'Reality' as we know it is breaking down. [SATANIC DECEPTION BEGINS] The meaning of the word 'apocalypse'? 'an uncovering'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse . The veil is being lifted, but what does this mean? I'm not quite sure yet. Here's what I'll tell you is fact: Everyday 'reality' as you think of it is 100% illusory. As usual, the esoteric Matrix film from the Wachowski brothers (who are now BOTH transgender!) explains some of what is going on:

See these channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7OMKe4XKTvSqvCxQKhuvw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxmXSPqBLUZ00oM5-Z-54Q

EDIT: I'm leaving the above standing so you can see how I was very nearly deceived here. Matrix is another satanic movie - it explains some truths but mixes them with lies. It essentially teaches us we can become like Neo, bending and shaping reality and such - to become GODS. This is the ORIGINAL SATANIC LIE.

Morpheus does the occult 'as above so below' in the clip I posted above @ 0:28:

The way I slipped on the path to deception here is extremely important for you to understand. We CANNOT BECOME GODS, we are MEN. Consider just WHO it is telling us we can 'become gods' - that is Rockefeller and his Luciferian worship (https://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-rockefeller-center/) and Wachowski LGBT gender-confused brothers/sisters making the Matrix movie and other satanic Hollywood films (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis).

We CANNOT BECOME GODS. DO NOT TRUST THIS 'MANDELA EFFECT'. The 'mandela effect' is the satanists manipulating our very reality probably using CERN. The Anti-Christ is now mentioned as the Messiah in the bible (quantum manipulation)!

This channel is LEGIT, please take backup copies of all of this woman's videos exposing the 'mandela effect' corruption of our bibles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7OMKe4XKTvSqvCxQKhuvw

Her website: https://extolyeshua.wordpress.com/

I already have this backed up. I used this program: http://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Most things I see mentioned with the Mandela Effect are things that I remember being one way and didn't realize were different until this phenomenon pointed them out. Some of them have valid explanations, like the Darth Vader line being "No, I am your father!" rather than "Luke, I am your father!" To me, it makes sense that the original line wouldn't be used verbatim in parodies/references in TV and movies going forward because "No, I am your father" is a vague reference out of context. So, in order to provide context you switch it to "Luke, I am your father" and people will understand more easily where the reference is coming from even if they hadn't seen Star Wars. Enough TV shows and movies do this and it becomes imprinted on much of society that "Luke" is the actual line. So I get that one.

^--------Winnah Winnah, Chicken Dinnah...That's exactly how I was explaining this one to somebody I was discussing this with. Altered for a bit, usually by comedians let's say, and then it becomes the popular way it's said. A pop-culture rephrasing. Close enough to the original, but containing a reference back to the source. No big deal. Now, C3P0's silver leg-that's a problem. That droid was gold all over and if he had had a silver leg some wiseass would have already made enough jokes about it in the media/society et al.l "Why does C3p0 have a silver leg?. Because: (fill in punch line here). It would be an identifier like a character with an eyepatch. I just started looking into this yesterday to see if it is really a "thing". I see some "things" that make me think it might, but others are explainable like the line from Star Wars.

Now take whatever pill you want for this part, it can only help, and lets get a little twistier with all of this:
"There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication." -- Schism -- TOOL

Ok, I see all of this talk about Quantum computers, super computing, dimensional bridging, hadron colliding etc. etc. But, if this is some type of simulation, and scientists have been getting closer to proving that everyday-if they're not outright generating it now, wouldn't it have to be recompiled at intervals to "update". Or digitally converted for whatever reasons. Compressed? I'm thinking about it like this: they take all the "info" that is our reality/existence and compress it at intervals to take up less space. When this occurs there are slight errors and downright omissions that were stripped away during the process. Like converting a CD to mp3. It's still a viable recording and MOST people won't notice the details of music that were stripped away during the compression. All they know is that now their phone is a jukebox and they can play their music anywhere! Does it sparkle? Yes, it sparkles most brightly...and they are happy. Now, don't try to sell any of this to an audiophile. He's absolutely invested in the details of the music. So he's gonna slap his LP onto his quadraphonic high-end phonogram (don't you dare call it a record player!) and he's gonna "see" twice the detail in the music that the mp3 crowd will never notice or care about. (BTW, if you ever get a chance listen to Nirvana's Nevermind on LP-a much better experience than the CD). So this is what got me to thinking about compiling and compressing with errors and stripped away information from the "recording" that isn't deemed relevant. What if we were an "analog" world that was converted to digital and compressed so we take up less space on the "server". Wild thoughts, I know...

What if this is psy-op to see who's paying attention? Change some pop culture things before you start changing real history? A toe in the water. A litmus test to see how much they can get by with and also to identify the ones who notice what they are doing. You know, more deliberate than say something from a science experiment. That would just be the cover. The real trick would be editing history to meet their demands while seeing who sticks their head up about it so it can get hammered down. We'll call this one "The Paranoid View".

Does this remind anybody of the gold dress/blue dress meme that was going around. I always saw a gold dress but my friend always saw a blue dress. I only saw it blue once and that was near the end of the fad after seeing it gold countless times. I never thought this was just an optical illusion, but some kinda test to differentiate between two kinds of brains or the way the 2 brains are seeing it differently. The question is: are two people seeing the same thing two different ways because there is an outside effect exerted against a group of brains? The Mandela Effect question sorta reminds me of this. Instead of two people seeing differently, they are remembering differently. OK. I'm guessing we can probably call this "The Paranoid View II-but it is all kinda creepy because we don't know everything about it all. Like, for instance, what's the point of it all? Who's behind it all?

Now, onto Parallel universes merging, membranes rubbing up against each other, connecting dimensions and doing business with our interdimensional "trading partners", this is all pretty wild stuff but not out of the realm of possibility. Face it, at this point anything seems possible. Ok, so we trade with interdimensionals. Ok. What would they want. Probably water and metals. maybe commodities like crops, animals and maybe humans (gulp)? Talk about human trafficking and slavery, yikes! So, could this be why so much money keeps going missing from the Government. It's used to procure the items that we will trade with the interdimensionals. Man, if that was the case it would probably be pretty mind-blowing to see what we are trading for i.e. receiving in return. Like, US: "Here's the gold and platinum and cows and humans and pineapples and water that you aked for". THEM: "Very good...this pleases us. In return we give you the Cosmic Cube AND The Infinity Guantlet. When you use them be sure to turn them up to 11. Good trade. have a nice eon" Ya know, I could see that happening
(<>..<>)

Last edited:

Carolyn

Star
I like your post and way of thinking. Am a fan of the simulation hypothesis as being a huge possibility for reality.

I get what you mean about the updating and compressing data. I have a theory that instances of dejavu are actually like game checkpoints, like you get to a certain level in the game and you die or something happens for whatever reason and the game has to be restarted but its not going to be rebooted right from the beginning again right? Or we would have to go through another few hundred billion years to get back to this point again which just wouldnt make the game quite so playable now!!!

Your idea about two people seeing things differently too. It made me think of that thing where only people under the age of 25 can hear certain frequencies that us oldies cant hear. I tested that out a couple of months ago thinking I surely must be able to hear it, couldnt hear a thing but my 22 year old daughter could and so could the cats, who knows how much we all interpret things so differently.

I think if we are in a simulation then there has to be some hierarchical database to keep order in the simulated reality. I am certainly no database expert, went to college and kinda didnt pay as much attention in databases class so I might be a bit wrong about a lot of stuff but basically every seperate type of thing that exists would be a "class" which gives it its identity so a human female would be a class, a human male another class, a female fish another class and then within each different "class" is the information, so each entry for a human female would be an instance of a class. So say for instance the database is being changed or updated to a newer better model thats faster and allows for more database queries but some of the information is not compatible with the new changes to any class then it can result in errors in your database, corrupted data within some of the classes which are the overall structure of the database, this might not show any apparent issues, some of the information within each class might have updated ok with the new changes to the database and others may not but they may be minute changes and to us look like mandela effects and dejavu etc

Anyway am going to stop before I confuse myself more but I dunno hopefully somebody gets what I am trying to say and can put it better

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
"There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication." -- Schism -- TOOL
I love that song

mecca

Superstar
Does this remind anybody of the gold dress/blue dress meme that was going around. I always saw a gold dress but my friend always saw a blue dress. I only saw it blue once and that was near the end of the fad after seeing it gold countless times. I never thought this was just an optical illusion
That is just an optical illusion. I turned my computer screen at different angles and I could see the dress in both colors lol.

Carolyn

Star
Yeah I seen that too, always been a fan of optical illusions, my mum had this book when I was a child it was full of stuff like that and had this big IQ test puzzle at the back, really like Escher artwork and Oliver Sacks was one of my biggest heroes ever such an interesting man, become somewhat brain obsessed over the last few years since finally being diagnosed with a brain disorder Ive had all my life, crippling headaches but some of the perceptive stuff is fascinating,audio and visual hallucinations although mostly visual. I find it amazing how visual hallucinations can seem so real, really makes you question reality a lot although thankfully I dont have paranoid delusions or shizophrenic type hallucinations, worked with a few people over the years when I was working who had schizophrenia and some of the things people must have to go through because of that must be absolutely horrific, have had a couple of scary hallucinations myself mostly because I was caught off guard, first time I ever had one I seen a huge spider crawling along my wall then it appeared to fall down behind my sofa, it was tarantula sized and looks as real as anything else that I know to be real or thought to be real, seeing things like that really makes you wonder, the brain is an amazing thing!!

Mark C

Rookie
Hello folks.

This is my first post here. I haven't been reading the forum for long ( a few weeks) so I am new and hope you can trust my questions are genuine. Of all the things going on, I found the Mandela Effect to be one that could actually be an entertaining and light hearted hoax for society. While most examples are dismissable, I did fine a few that, for me, gave it credibility. Marilyn Monroe's beauty spot. My memory, after having my school folders and my bedroom walls covered in MM's stuff and reading books about her throughout my teenage years, well this perplexes me. It was always on her left upper lip, and a lot more prominent. But not now. I don't accept the idea that Google are.controlling the image searches unless someone can show a picture of her that they are excluding, although i don't doubt for a.minute that this is a possible.explanation ....that the establishment are.playing with our minds yet again.

Mark C

Rookie
sorry, to clarify, all image searches show a small beauty spot on her left cheek..

my memory, after spending all my teens collecting posters and books on Norma Jean, is of the beauty spot.not even being natural, but something they put above her upper left lip.

Tatilina

Star
What do some think about this?

Mandela Effect Introduction

"The Mandela Effect is a term for where a group of people all mis-remember the same detail, event or physicality. It is named after the instance in which a large group of people all shared the same memory that Nelson Mandela died prior to his actual 2013 death, usually some time in the 1980’s. The effect exploded in popularity on the internet when a peculiar example popped up where a majority of people seemed to have recalled the Berenstain Bears books as being spelled as “Berenstein” or some other variation, differing from the actual spelling as presented by evidence.

The effect is somewhat different from a false memory as it effects large groups of people, seemingly without many connections and without the same emotional factors present. It also seems stronger and harder to escape the feeling that it’s simply a mis-remembering of a detail, which is why people are so adamant with claims of their memories. As such, it’s often been hinted at that the Mandela Effect is closely related to cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance can be mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds beliefs, ideas, or values and is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. Please note the use of “can be” as there is many purists that don’t accept the broader definition and scope of cognitive dissonance applying to memory versus reality.

Many Mandela Effects are usually trivial details about an oddly specific set of categories. These include things such as the how and when of celebrity deaths, misspellings (usually replaced or removed letters), placement of geographical locations, quotations within media, or alternate imagery.

It is also related to misconceptions in general, although, again is differentiated due to the obscure nature and odd feelings resulting from learning the reality. The solutions, explanations and reasons for the misconceptions are also cryptic and often misrepresented or unknown altogether.

The term it fits most with is “confabulation” which is a disturbance of memory which produces fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about the world, without the explicit or conscious intention to deceive others. People who confabulate in this way produce incorrect memories about the most trivial details (as seen with most Mandela Effects) but range up to more complex fabrications as well. They are generally extremely confident in their recollections and will typically resist any contradictory evidence.

The aim of this site is unique among the current offerings online to attempt to dissect the possible causes and solutions for this perplexing phenomenon with a scientific, rational approach. If you’ve come to read about merging of universes, alternate timelines, and time travel then you are in the wrong place (unless you have evidence of such things!). It is of my opinion that the Mandela Effect is a real thing; however, steeped in the realm of sociology and psychology and not science fiction."
http://www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com/mandela-effect-introduction/

I'll be honest, I've haven't been affected by the mandela effect. What most people have in common with remembering things a certain way, I haven't. I still don't have an understanding of this weird phenomenon, so I cannot relate.

Lady

Star
I don't think I am affected either. I tend to think the power of suggestion is more at play than anything else.
However, one mysterious theory of what is behind the different memories people have of certain common events is that somehow the space-time continuum has been changed.
This now is getting into the "woo-woo" eerie feeling area, but I am closer to believing in time manipulation than I was a year ago.

Tatilina

Star
I think these are fairly reasonable and more accurate descriptions of what may be happening with some people's memories.

"Common Explanations

As a general rule, there is normally an identifiable solution and explanation to most Mandela Effects, or at least theories. These usually relate to key factors and information regarding the subject mixed with a common memory bias or other psychological effect.

This list is by no means exhaustive and may not fit certain examples at all. It’s simply to be used as a guide to why some Mandela Effects exist in the first place failing any hard explanations on a given subject.

NOTE: For theories and explanations on ACTUAL Mandela Effects, please view the postings here.

Misinformation effect

That misinformation affects people’s reports of their own memory. I believe this to be a key factor in many Mandela Effects. Simply seeing the claim from another person may sway recollection of your own memory, especially if you lacked concrete or deep memories or connections to the subject to begin with.

Confirmation bias

The tendency to search for, interpret, or recall information in a way that confirms one’s beliefs or hypotheses. Those seeking Mandela Effects will often be more easily persuaded by other claims. And with such claims they may agree with, they will often discard any countering evidence or claims.

Misattribution of memory

When information is retained in memory but the source of the memory is forgotten. This is sometimes present in Mandela Effects where we forget where we know something from or why it’s familiar, possibly leading to incorrect attribution of the original source confounding the confusion factor.

Cryptomnesia

A form of misattribution where a memory is mistaken for imagination, because there is no subjective experience of it being a memory. Many Mandela Effects may have started out as imagination rather than real memories.

Misconceptions

Facts cannot change; however, they can be revealed to be untrue or nonfactual, thus is the case with many things throughout human history. As science and technologically progresses, so does our understanding of the world around us. Unfortunately for us, our brain is not always built to accept new ideas and new facts. People who either intentionally, or unintentionally (they do not know the new information) can also spread these misconceptions, thus perpetuating these erroneous beliefs into society. This is how misconceptions are born and at the heart of many Mandela Effects.

False memory

A false memory is the psychological phenomenon in which a person recalls a memory that did not actually occur. It’s often cited with and has a strong connotation to some type of trauma such as sexual abuse and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). While it would be quite rare for Mandela Effects to originate as false memories, it could fit in those lesser known or less believed ones as the scenario would typically be very specific to the person with the false memory. Because of the trauma involved with these cases, the subject would be quite resistant to accept any new evidence in opposition of their belief as their brain has literally implanted this idea as a counter to protect itself from mental harm, thus introducing cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance

Cognitive dissonance not an explanation per se, but rather a by-product. It is one of the main causes for so many people to be so resistant to evidence and ideas contrary to their beliefs and memory. Cognitive dissonance can be the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. Please note the use of “can be” as there is many purists that don’t accept the broader definition and scope of cognitive dissonance applying to memory versus reality.

Confabulation

Confabulation is a disturbance of memory which produces fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about the world, without the explicit or conscious intention to deceive others. People who confabulate in this way produce incorrect memories about the most trivial details (as seen with most Mandela Effects) but range up to more complex fabrications as well. They are generally extremely confident in their recollections and will typically resist any contradictory evidence (possibly related to cognitive dissonance in this manner)."

http://www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com/common-explanations/