Manchester Explosions

Lady

Star
Everyone already knows the solution. Just get rid of the people creating the attacks... so get rid of the government.
That solution is missing the mark @mecca
It really does need to come from within. Here is an article that may help to explain why, and I will leave you with an excerpt:
Therefore, to treat Islamic terrorism as the consequence of political and socioeconomic factors alone would not do justice to the significance of the religious culture in which this phenomenon is rooted and nurtured. In order to comprehend the motivation for these acts and to draw up an effective strategy for a war against terrorism, it is necessary to understand the religious-ideological factors — which are deeply embedded in Islam.
http://www.hoover.org/research/religious-sources-islamic-terrorism

manama

Star
All imams in Pakistan even gave a fatwa against terrorism and extremism. Doing more than that seems kind of impossible,

cajun

Established
If by some magical act all Islamic extremists evaporated right now, there would soon be terrorism of the same type spread by some other group. People globally are being cut off not only from their communities, but from the very possibility of building communities. Marriage and family no longer exist as the basic building block of community. Children are no longer safely kept in a home sheltered from every kind of depravity. Friendship is sexualized, no human affection is possible anymore. Terrorism is the result of a global collective nervous breakdown of the human race as we face our ultimate enemy: the Machine.

:(

justjess

Superstar
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/27/hundreds-of-muslim-children-march-to-manchester-arena-to-pay-tribute-to-22-victims-6665632/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/24/bishop-and-imam-hold-hands-at-vigil-to-remember-manchester-terror-attack-victims-6659947/

Standing in St Ann's Square in the heart of the city, they held a minute's silence for the 22 victims of Monday's massacre.

Councillor Azra Ali, who works in Burnage where Abedi was a pupil at Burnage Academy For Boys between 2009 and 2011, was first to issue her condolences to the devastated families.

She said: "This attack is horrific - an attack on our children is an attack on all of us.

PA:pRESS ASSOCIATION
Police talk to victims after the terror attack on Manchester Arena

REUTERS
Manchester Arena was the target of a terror attack on Monday night that killed 22 people
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE VICTIMS OF THE MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK
Today we launch a Together With Manchester appeal – to raise money for families of the victims of the Arena bomb.
News UK, publisher of The Sun, has made a corporate donation of £100,000 to the appeal.

Here's how you can show your support....

ONLINE: www.justgiving.com/TogetherWithManchester

TEXT: Text TWMC50 and amount to 70070 – eg TWMC50 £5
(you can donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10)

"I strongly condemn the people responsible and call for all communities to continue to stand together shoulder-to-shoulder against these people.

"Manchester is proud of our diversity and we will not let hatred divide us."

Representatives from the North Manchester Jamia Mosque read out a press release condemning the attack.

He said: "[We] are united in our condemnation of the horrific terrorist attack in Manchester. This was a cowardly attack on innocent young people. Our thoughts are with the victims and families of those who have been affected.

MORE GREAT STORIES FROM

"Manchester has witnessed terrorism before and we have a long history of communities standing shoulder to shoulder during difficult times, that's what makes Manchester great.

"We witnessed the true spirit of Manchester which saw hundreds of acts of kindness from taxi drivers giving out free rides to ensure people got home safely, people who opened their homes and of course, our brave emergency services who risk their lives to save others."

The Chief Imam of the mosque, His Eminence Muffakir-e-Islam Hazrat Allama Maulana Qamaruzzaman Azmim said: "Terrorists have no religion or ethnicity. Their aim is to murder and cause division and hatred among communities. Hatred is weakness and we Mancunians refuse to be weak.

SKY NEWS
A woman read out a poem in Manchester draped in a Union flag

REUTERS
Forensics investigators work outside the Manchester Arena two days after the attack

This is the first picture of Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi
"The Manchester spirit will not be broken by this cowardly terrorist attack and we will be strong and not let fear or hatred divide communities."

Draped in a Union Jack, one British Pakistani woman read a poem out saying she was "an activist not a terrorist".

She continued: "Anyone who harms you, I'll be first to help you. Why? Because you are my family too and I don't want to see harm to anyone of you."

It comes after Didsbury Mosque denied Abedi was attended there and condemned the attack.

floss

Star
Sorry I got confused with you and Floss, he usually googles Hadiths

Who do you think is allowing this to happen?
Kinda late to the party but what made you think I googled Hadiths? I don't have time to look into islamic sources, David Wood is doing all the works already. Yeah the one muslims try to discredit him by cutting a small portion of his video, put it on repeat and insert batman pictures which @DesertRose swallowed easily. Keep playing the victim games because its hasn't gotten old...yet
I propose an idea that will destroy ISIS or any islamic terrorist clan. Tell them the hurtful truth... the 72 virgins waiting in paradise is in their 40s... possibly males.

Quran Surah 8:12 I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them

Last edited:

Lady

Star
Thanks, @floss for the link. It ties in with what I have been discussing about moderate (liberal) Muslims and their disgust with fundamentalists who are terror sympathizers.
Here is an article by a Muslim author in UK:
Rabbil Sikdar
Five Things I Noticed as a Muslim After the Manchester Attacks
First London and now Manchester. And as society discusses how to solve it, more and more, I find myself holding certain parts of the Muslim community in utter contempt. Yesterday I was talking to another Muslim where we both voiced our frustrations, and I realised the following things: 1) You will never reform this community while its held under the toxic grasp of a group of people who try to keep Muslim focus on Middle East rather than Britain. Lot of Muslims just don’t see Britain as their home – it’s why they’re more obsessed with Palestine than the NHS. This explains partly why there’s such an obsession with foreign policy (something George Galloway understands come election time) and why integration of Muslims is so poor. We culturally isolate ourselves because to integrate is to apparently lose your Muslim identity and become western Many Muslims don’t see Britain as their home, end of. 2) Liberal Muslims have been given a toxic name within the community by a combination of terrible public image on the part of Quilliam Foundation (which fails to engage with the Muslim grassroots, and is therefore not trusted) and a perception within this community, that to be liberal is a contradiction of the faith. Some believe this mean being a “colonised Muslim”, or brainwashed by western liberalism. We are the only ones who actually recognise that there are things both government and community can do. 3) Muslims forever pin everything on foreign policy. A hundred years from now (if Jihadists persist) people will blame the Iraq War still. A lot of these Muslim activists tend to be middle class, who can economically survive the discrimination the rest of us can’t. They’ll continue the charade and other Muslims will fall for it and praise them for being such clever, brave and noble spokespersons for the Muslim community. 4) They also play heavy on a siege mentality. Islamophobia is awful and growing, but Muslims are NOT oppressed. Groups like MEND, CAGE, 5Pillars are quick to ask questions of others but seldom wonder if there are things the community can do internally to help integration and diffuse risk of extremism. When all you do is hype about Islamophobia and foreign policy, you’ll play a part in helping extremists to convince young Muslims that there’s a war on the Muslim identity and that this isn’t home. 5) And more personally I’ve realised this: these aren’t my people. I have nothing in common with people who see an atrocity and say “what about Syria?” or people who refuse to accept that aspects of their ideology – based on rejection of tolerance – contributes to a hatred of the west by creating a counter-identity for these people. If they can’t find a home and belonging in the west, they’ll find it in an Islamist group. Let’s not fall into the trap laid out by the far right of saying all Muslims are terrorists, because we’re not. But let’s not delude ourselves into thinking there’s a sincere effort on large parts of this community to actually root out extremism. Because for that to happen, we’d have to accept that years of propaganda about foreign policy were wrong. We’d have to accept that our own ideology was taken and used for murderous means

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/opinion/five-things-i-realised-muslim-manchester-attacks/

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
FBI ‘warned MI5 in January that Salman Abedi was planning terror attack in UK’

British intelligence agency MI5 was reportedly warned by its US counterpart that Salman Abedi was planning an attack on UK soil, three months before he blew himself up outside an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.

FBI agents are said to have informed British officials that the 22-year-old was part of a North African Islamic State cell based in the north west of England that was plotting an attack in the UK.

Abedi was reportedly placed on a US terrorist watch list in 2016 after he came to the attention of intelligence agencies during an investigation into terrorist groups operating in Libya.

“In early 2017 the FBI told MI5 that Abedi belonged to a North African terror gang based in Manchester, which was looking for a political target in this country,” a security source told The Mail on Sunday.

“The information came from the interception of his communications by US federal agents, who had been investigating Abedi since the middle of 2016, and from information unearthed in Libya, where his family was linked to terrorist groups.

“Following this US tip-off, Abedi and other members of the gang were scrutinised by MI5. It was thought at the time that Abedi was planning to assassinate a political figure. But nothing came of this investigation and, tragically, he slipped down the pecking order of targets.”

MI5 has faced questions over the fact that Abedi was on its radar but slipped through the net in order to carry out the attack that killed 22 people and seriously injured 64.

In response, defence officials said that at any one time they are juggling 500 terror investigations involving 3,000 subjects.

Police have so far arrested 14 people on suspicion of terror offences in conjunction with the Manchester attack, two of whom have since been released.

Detectives believe they have detained “a large part of the network” involved in planning the attack.

The latest raid took place in Moss Side, a suburb of Manchester – close to the barber shop run by Abedi’s cousin that officers had previously searched.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fbi-warned-mi5-january-manchester-attack-bomber-salman-abedi-manchester-arena-a7760756.html

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Bigots are toxic people.
They are part of the problem.
Their words have fruits. Bad fruits.
Due to their bigotry and Islamophobia they will hurt innocents.
They are part of the Divide and Conquer strategy of the elite.

“Bigotry dwarfs the soul by shutting out the truth.”
Edwin Hubbell Chapin

floss

Star
When people can't differentiate about this world and hell.

sad
why would that referencing hell? why does Allah need to "instill terror into the hearts of unbelievers" in hell? Wouldn't you be automatically terrorized being in hell without anyone doing anything to you?

manama

Star
why would that referencing hell? why does Allah need to "instill terror into the hearts of unbelievers" in hell? Wouldn't you be automatically terrorized being in hell without anyone doing anything to you?
nah nah my bad LOL i just read the "Whole" verse

[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Non muslims, quoting verses out of context meh nothing new to see here

Lady

Star
I am so glad to read an article from a moderate Muslim man with a healthy perspective on life in a western nation. He is a part of the country he lives in and contributing in many ways, it seems. He is concerned about Muslim-nonMuslim relations and working together on a solution to the problem we all see in our world-Islamic radicalization.

DesertRose

Superstar
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/47153.htm
Excerpt:
Terror In Britain: What Did The Prime Minister Know?
By John Pilger

"May 31, 2017 "Information Clearing House" -The unsayable in Britain’s general election campaign is this. The causes of the Manchester atrocity, in which 22 mostly young people were murdered by a jihadist, are being suppressed to protect the secrets of British foreign policy.

Critical questions – such as why the security service MI5 maintained terrorist “assets” in Manchester and why the government did not warn the public of the threat in their midst – remain unanswered, deflected by the promise of an internal “review”.

The alleged suicide bomber, Salman Abedi (image on the right), was part of an extremist group, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, that thrived in Manchester and was cultivated and used by MI5 for more than 20 years.
The LIFG is proscribed by Britain as a terrorist organisation which seeks a “hardline Islamic state” in Libya and “is part of the wider global Islamist extremist movement, as inspired by al-Qaida”.

The “smoking gun” is that when Theresa May was Home Secretary, LIFG jihadists were allowed to travel unhindered across Europe and encouraged to engage in “battle”: first to remove Mu’ammar Gadaffi in Libya, then to join al-Qaida affiliated groups in Syria...........

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Seems like there's quite a divide between Muslims and Christians. I'm not sure where you're all from, but in the U.K. People are pretty cool with each other and we condemn bigots and extremists together

Haich

Superstar
Apparently Salman was an MI5 asset, which is why the authorities were reluctant to arrest him prior to this attack

Haich

Superstar
Kinda late to the party but what made you think I googled Hadiths? I don't have time to look into islamic sources, David Wood is doing all the works already. Yeah the one muslims try to discredit him by cutting a small portion of his video, put it on repeat and insert batman pictures which @DesertRose swallowed easily. Keep playing the victim games because its hasn't gotten old...yet
I propose an idea that will destroy ISIS or any islamic terrorist clan. Tell them the hurtful truth... the 72 virgins waiting in paradise is in their 40s... possibly males.
On other threads you paste lots of Hadiths so I assumed they were from google

That's a fake Hadith there are no 72 virgins

If you don't have logical solutions to defeating Extremism then keep your obvious hatred for Muslims to yourself