Manchester Explosions

Lady

Star
Here is an example of a former radical turned rapper who is speaking out. I understand that not everyone will be at this level of notoriety, but as I mentioned earlier, the imams and clerics that lead you should be the first step in the process. Are they promoting radicalized Islam? Then these leaders should be dealt with first by public outcry and rebuke and possible removal from leadership. Is the "flock" powerless against those who lead in their own mosques and schools?
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2016/1210/The-ISIS-breakers-How-moderate-Muslims-are-countering-extremism

rainerann

Star
Reminds me of another Islamic prophecy. Three great nations will be destroyed because of influence from the outsiders. First the Prophet mentioned Palestine. After that Syria and finally Egypt.

Palestine is down

Syria also

Now Egypt is left and the current situation makes it clear that it will follow the same fate ;//
I would like to hear more of how Muslims believe this plays into prophecy. I feel like there is an opinion on this that is not often included in these discussions. Christians love to hear about prophecy. It might be a good way for us to discuss these subjects.

Edit to add: I enjoyed more prophecy discussion on this subject. I was catching up on the thread when I posted this and didn't realize there was more discussion on prophecy to expect. Thanks for this all who participated.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Interesting theory, it's hard to say when he'll come or whether he's born yet. People try make similar predictions of who Gog and Magogg are as their described in Hadith as having flat features and Asian appearance, people conclude it could be the Mongols. Who knows?

I think this guys description lines up with the Bible says the most and I actually agree with his presentation. He is one of my favorite speakers.

rainerann

Star
Question: Isn't the antichrist according to Islam going to be some sort of apostate Muslim? How would say Isis contributes to fulfilling a prophecy like this?

Haich

Superstar
Interesting theory... I doubt All Bagdadi is an observant Jew though ;-)

Kind of reminds me of Bill Hicks and Alex Jones... On the 'maybe list'

View attachment 487
Well I wouldn't say he's an observant Jew, anyone who was an observant of any faith wouldn't commit these attacks but it's an interesting theory, of course it could be a rumour but it's an interesting one to say the least

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I would like to hear more of how Muslims believe this plays into prophecy. I feel like there is an opinion on this that is not often included in these discussions. Christians love to hear about prophecy. It might be a good way for us to discuss these subjects.

Edit to add: I enjoyed more prophecy discussion on this subject. I was catching up on the thread when I posted this and didn't realize there was more discussion on prophecy to expect. Thanks for this all who participated.
Understanding the prophetic expectations of each others faiths is very interesting. As we appear to be in 'prophetic times' it might be worthwhile to have a forward looking prophetic thread?

We might all have different or even contradictory expectations of events that may or may not be 'fulfillments' but it would be a very interesting avenue for learning about one another's viewpoints and maybe even seeing some of these things come to pass...

Last edited:

manama

Star
Isn't the antichrist according to Islam going to be some sort of apostate Muslim?
No lol. We just believe that Anti-christ won't do everything he would do because he is a devil worshipper or something. He was made as a sign for day of judgement, as a trial. And he is fully aware of his purpose and he will fulfill that.

, the Prophet
(peace & blessings be upon him) said, ‘Since the birth of Adam till the advent of Qiyaamah (Judgement Day) there is no fitnah (tribulation) much greater than that of Dajjal.’

Last Prophet
(peace & blessings be upon him) said, ‘I have explained Dajjal to you, but I fear that you might not have understood. Maseeh-ud-Dajjal will be short and his legs will be crooked. The hair on his head will be extremely twisted. He will have one eye, while his other eye will be flat. It will be neither deep, nor protruding.

Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhuma narrates from the Last Prophet
(peace & blessings be upon him) regarding Dajjal, ‘…red complexioned, fat, curly haired man, blind in the right eye which looks like a bulging grape.

Ubadah ibn Saamit radiyallahu anhu narrates from the Noble Prophet peace & blessings be upon him (peace & blessings be upon him), ‘If you still have any doubts regarding him (Dajjal), then remember, your Sustainer is not one-eyed.

Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhuma narrates from the Noble Prophet peace & blessings be upon him (peace & blessings be upon him), ‘Allah is not one-eyed, while Maseeh-ud-Dajjal is blind in the right eye.

The most important hadeeth which explains where anti christ is right now and what he said at the time, and all signs have come true in recent times is this one https://islamqa.info/en/82643 its quite lengthy so i'm not copy pasting it.

manama

Star
How would say Isis contributes to fulfilling a prophecy like this?
more copypasta

A study of the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also demonstrates that he warned us of the rise of religious extremism in this age in astonishing detail.

Fourteen hundred years ago, he prophesised that a time would come when nothing would remain of Islam but its name, nothing of the Holy Quran but its word, and that many “mosques would be splendidly furnished but destitute of guidance” (Mishkatul Masabih). In these latter days, the true spiritual essence of Islam would be lost, and religion, for the most part, would be reduced to a ritualistic compulsion. He foretold that the clergy would be corrupt and be a source of strife during these times.

How true this is of the extremist clerics in parts of the Muslim world that abuse the pulpit to preach division and hate.

He also went on to describe terrorist groups such as ISIS that would try to hijack the Islamic faith. At this time of dissension, he said there would appear “a group of young people who would be immature in thought and foolish”. They would speak beautiful words but commit the most heinous of deeds. They would engage in so much prayer and fasting that the worship of the Muslims would appear insignificant in comparison. They would call people to the Holy Quran but would have nothing to do with it in reality. The Holy Quran would not go beyond their throats, meaning they wouldn’t understand its essence at all, merely regurgitating it selectively. The Prophet (PBUH) then went on to describe these people as “the worst of the creation”.

As if this outline wasn’t clear enough, another tradition in the book Kitaab Al Fitan reported by Caliph Ali, the fourth successor to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), describes these people as having long hair and bearing black flags. Their “hearts will be hard as iron”, and they would be the companions of a State (Ashab ul Dawla). Interestingly, ISIS refers to itself as the Islamic State or Dawla. The tradition further mentions that they will break their covenants, not speak the truth and have names that mention their cities. The ISIS caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, (from baghdad) comes to mind.

rainerann

Star
more copypasta

A study of the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also demonstrates that he warned us of the rise of religious extremism in this age in astonishing detail.

Fourteen hundred years ago, he prophesised that a time would come when nothing would remain of Islam but its name, nothing of the Holy Quran but its word, and that many “mosques would be splendidly furnished but destitute of guidance” (Mishkatul Masabih). In these latter days, the true spiritual essence of Islam would be lost, and religion, for the most part, would be reduced to a ritualistic compulsion. He foretold that the clergy would be corrupt and be a source of strife during these times.

How true this is of the extremist clerics in parts of the Muslim world that abuse the pulpit to preach division and hate.

He also went on to describe terrorist groups such as ISIS that would try to hijack the Islamic faith. At this time of dissension, he said there would appear “a group of young people who would be immature in thought and foolish”. They would speak beautiful words but commit the most heinous of deeds. They would engage in so much prayer and fasting that the worship of the Muslims would appear insignificant in comparison. They would call people to the Holy Quran but would have nothing to do with it in reality. The Holy Quran would not go beyond their throats, meaning they wouldn’t understand its essence at all, merely regurgitating it selectively. The Prophet (PBUH) then went on to describe these people as “the worst of the creation”.

As if this outline wasn’t clear enough, another tradition in the book Kitaab Al Fitan reported by Caliph Ali, the fourth successor to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), describes these people as having long hair and bearing black flags. Their “hearts will be hard as iron”, and they would be the companions of a State (Ashab ul Dawla). Interestingly, ISIS refers to itself as the Islamic State or Dawla. The tradition further mentions that they will break their covenants, not speak the truth and have names that mention their cities. The ISIS caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, (from baghdad) comes to mind.
so it describes a sort of apostasy. Did you know that the Bible describes a similar apostasy taking place before the revealing of the person commonly referred to as the antichrist?

manama

Star
so it describes a sort of apostasy. Did you know that the Bible describes a similar apostasy taking place before the revealing of the person commonly referred to as the antichrist?
No i haven't heard of that.

cajun

Established
Understanding the prophetic expectations of each others faiths is very interesting. As we appear to be in 'prophetic times' it might be worthwhile to have a forward looking prophetic thread?

We might all have different or even contradictory expectations of events that may or may not be 'fulfillments' but it would be a very interesting avenue for learning about one another's viewpoints and maybe even seeing some of these things come to pass...
The three Abrahamic faiths share a great deal of prophecy from different directions. It is fascinating to lay the three traditions side-by-side and see how they interact without getting into personal belief-feuds. (For it is the supreme ignorance of proselytizers that God cares how many arguments they win. Only God knows who is called and by what path He calls them.)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The three Abrahamic faiths share a great deal of prophecy from different directions. It is fascinating to lay the three traditions side-by-side and see how they interact without getting into personal belief-feuds. (For it is the supreme ignorance of proselytizers that God cares how many arguments they win. Only God knows who is called and by what path He calls them.)
Good observations. Something is no more true if everyone agrees on it or everyone rejects it. The loudness of voices changes nothing or the popularity of the speaker. I used to sing a song called "God Bless the Grass" at school. It talks about the nature of truth...

DesertRose

Superstar
“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will emerge from among the Jews of Isfahaan, and with him will be seventy thousand Jews, wearing crowns.’” (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 12865).

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will emerge from among the Jews of Isfahaan, and with him will be seventy thousand Jews, wearing crowns.’” (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 12865).
Where is Isfahaan then? Does this mean you think he could be Jewish?

DesertRose

Superstar
Yes I believe the Jews are still waiting for a messiah, whereas Muslims already know that Jesus peace be upon Him is the messiah.

"There are over fifty scholarly comments on the meaning of the word Maseeh (Messiah). They said that this word is applied both to the Truthful One [True Messiah, i.e., ‘Eesa (Jesus)] and to the misleading liar [the “antichrist” or Dajjaal]. The Messiah is the Truthful One, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary), the Messiah of guidance, who healed those who were born blind and lepers, and brought the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave.

The false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is the liar who leads people astray, the messiah of misguidance who will tempt people by means of the signs that he is given, such as bringing down rain, reviving the earth to bring forth vegetation, and other “miracles.”
source:
https://islamqa.info/en/8806

Side note, I think that the religious way of life is under attack and they use some radical adherents of all faiths to bring division and hatred in their own communities...to bring along their big wars.

DesertRose

Superstar
Obviously he is a materialists and not a true spritualist:
"Dajjal will be a Jew. His distinguishing feature is that he will be one-eyed and the word “Kafir” or “unbeliever” will be written on his forehead."
"Here, I may mention that the Jews will view Dajjal as their “Messiah” whose advent, according to them, has been foretold in their religious books and traditions. Of course we as Muslims know, that the person whose coming was foretold in their books was Hadhrat Isa (Jesus alayhis salam) but since the Jews never accepted him as such, the Dajjal will be their “Messiah.” Hence, his major followers will be the Jews.

Dajjal will be a powerful personality in this world. He will attract loads of people; his voice will be heard in the East and the West. The latter, given the present day communication technology in the form of satellite television and Internet, doesn’t seem surprising.

The main aim of Dajjal will be to try and convince people that he is God Almighty. He will try and deviate people from the Right Path and join his ranks. To achieve that end and to convince people with true faith, he will kill and then re-create the same person. This will prove to be sufficient to gain him more followers, especially the ones who have weak faith. But we must remember at all times, that he will definitely not be anywhere near God.
Abdul Kareem bin Saleh al Humaid has mentioned in his booklet about Sheikhul Islam who writes about Dajjal as follows:
“Since Dajjal will claim divinity, Nabi (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) had informed us of two clear differentiating factors:
1. Dajjal will be one-eyed whereas Allah is not.
2. No-one can see Allah until death. Even though Dajjal will be a kafir (disbeliever), Nabi (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) mentioned this because such miraculous feats will be displayed by him, which will strengthen any doubts within the hearts of normal people (regarding him being Allah.”

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
I am switching to the other thread, prophetic traditions.
A last thing to note is that Jesus opposed the Pharisees ( money changers).