Managing stress -How?

elsbet

Superstar
I try to keep my mind preoccupied, reading, plying etc. When it's really bad i take a walk 30-40 kilometers per day in woods does it for me, i comeback home tired, but fresh and with my mind at peace...
Kilometers?

MP3D

Established
Working out for me.
Being around my son and wife after a nap.

Supplements? Coconut oil, turmeric, salmon oil and a multi vitamin.

Not being hard on myself yet still expect a lot out of myself. I no longer sit on mistakes. I find the older I get, the more patience, forgiveness and such I have. Result is less stress
oil pulling?

Pandita

Established
I love tea, there's a woman in my country that sells a tea called "Happy Tea" it has a mix of herbs that even during those days helps me with pain, but a really nice tea (that you can find anywhere) is chamomile tea, having it before bed is really good.
I've also read that magnesium is extremely good for the stress levels, calms you down
I do zumba, relaxes me and dancing is fun!
I listen to my favourite bands
Talk to my best friend, mom, husband.
Hug my dog and play with him.
Dark chocolate also calms me down haha... so yeah :)
In general, doing the things you love will always have a positive impact.

Maes17

Superstar
oil pulling?
No. No oil pulling for me. I brush three times a day and floss.
Chew on apples for snacks and milk for stronger teeth.

Coconut and salmon oil are in pill form. I take them with my supplements as part of my diet.
Although I do allow cheat meals/snacks.

I'm pretty watchful of my health

Maes17

Superstar
One thing that helps for me is getting the things that I need to get done, done.

Doing selfless acts and being nice to people is a good one. Give things away rather than selling them... nice sense of wellbeing... and you know you'll get the good karma back.

Intense cardio, although I haven't done it for a long time. When I was in prison, in one jail there was a CV room that I'd be in for 6 days in a week (it was closed on Friday). Half an hour on the hill settings on the exercise bike, regularly getting my heart rate up to 180+. Get on the rower and bang 2000m out as hard as I could (best time: 7:23. Not bad for a guy who's just shy of five foot eight). Workout on dip/chin up bar with medicine ball between my legs. Deck of cards workout afterwards if I felt I could take it. Later, when I finished my sentence in a mental hospital, I did 20 minute Insanity three times a day, or back to back. No way you'd have the room to do that in a prison cell. Of course, prison gave me the time to recover from this cardio...

Having a physical job that doesn't involve staring at a screen.

Sex.

Spending time with my 2 and 5 year old. Children at that age are living life as it should be lived. I love spending time with my 12 year old, too, but he's moving through the devil's system now. For example, my daughter thinks school is fun, my eldest son does not. It's no coincidence that my daughter doesn't have to wear a tie yet but my son, in secondary school, does - that noose which is the sick joke that symbolises the killing of the human spirit which gets jammed into a box, the never-ending tunnel of shit and work and worry that is supposed to take us to the grave.

Going out to eat in pubs and restaurants.

Listening to music.

And yeah, it doesn't hurt to blaze dat shit once in a while...
I'm 5'7-5'8 in shoes lol. I can run a mile in about 7 minutes around there.
Don't let your height hamper you down. In high school I was 5'6. Played safety/nickel and special team in football and was rotated as a right winger and centerman in ice hockey. Both sports I've had success against larger opponents. I remember my junior year I stuffed a 220lb running back in the open field. I got up like "holy shit!" Lol.

I like your philosophy. Plenty of relaxation away from work.
Althogh I'm one who hits a 24 hour gym at 2:30 am most weekdays

Violette

Star
Hula hoop, I laugh a lot, go on walks, go to the park, compliment animals, read, write, paint and listen to music. I haven’t tripped in awhile but LSD completely got rid of my anxiety which was a huge stressor for me.

Yoga. Weight lifting. Guitar. A glass of wine. Reading.

Half and half mix of weed and st John's wort through a vaporizer, technically aromatherapy and has the combined effect of lowering cortisol in the blood stream which is a result of stress and can lead to weight gain/SPOILER]

I get stressed easily to the extent that prolonged stress that has been accumulated that I'll gain several pounds in response. So the above works incredibly well for my anxiety and infrequent bouts of depression and lethargy.

I'm not advocating for the above despite its numerous health benefits yet stating what has through natural means kept me from killing someone, myself, the dog, etc.
I think I’m over doing it with the wine.

TruthSucker

Established
The best way for me to deal with stress is, not become stressed. Deep breathing, focussing on one action and doing it with 100% concentration. Of course this doesn't work all the time, but I try. Side effect is that I often hear the sentence "still not ready?" in my life.