Major Forum Update

mecca

Superstar
I am having a problem connecting to the website, a lot of things aren't loading and it always times out and says this site can’t be reached because it took too long to respond. It does the same thing on pc and on mobile.

I am having a problem connecting to the website, a lot of things aren't loading and it always times out and says this site can’t be reached because it took too long to respond. It does the same thing on pc and on mobile.
Since last night, VC has been experiencing a DDoS attack. This is what it is if you're interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

He's also posted the info on Twitter and FB:

polymoog

Superstar
the site has been slow to respond for the past 48 hours. annoying.

since youtube has fallen, other independent sites are under attack. its MUCH harder to find the information one is looking for anymore. NWO is pushing back hard. sites like these will have a very hard time for the foreseeable future.

theyre finally following through on her advice, on the present grounds of banning "hate speech":

rainerann

Star
I doubt it had anything to do with a spam bot, most run on scripts. I’ve played some online games and servers would always be DDOS’ed and it usually was because of some ticked kid who got banned have a hissy fit lol. It was probably a banned member.
Right, just like our resident spammer probably is. You can download spambot programs free and anyone can use them. They don't just automatically exist on the forum. They are programs that someone has to make, not a derivitive of the programs that exist that take on a life of their own. There are even websites with tutorials on how to make your own spambot.

My guess is that some of the spam isn't always from a spambot either because I would assume that there is a form field that is specific to identifying bots and other ways of preventing spam enabled on the forum. I imagine some of the spam we were getting was created by a user who could fill in the form fields to register. Either that or someone was changing spambot programs frequently to override spam prevention enabled on the forum. Either way would require a user behind the wheel targeting the forum.

Spam and DDOS are very similar functions that don't exist independent of a user who initiates a program that floods the system. Not that this proves they come from the same source. I was just kidding around, but a spambot isn't like the stray cat of the internet either. They have an owner too.

Devine

Star
the forum hasn't worked right for me since last switch im afraid may be an ad block problem but it's weird cause sometimes it works and sometimes i just can't post nothing happens idk why... i am using desktop computer...

Kung Fu

Superstar
the forum hasn't worked right for me since last switch im afraid may be an ad block problem but it's weird cause sometimes it works and sometimes i just can't post nothing happens idk why... i am using desktop computer...
I was having the same problem. It seems to have been fixed of late though.

Vixy

Star
Having issues with my firefox standing ticking with nothing happening when I'm trying to reply to threads. Happens on both of my computers and have to switch to explorer to be able to post.

lovesoul

Established
Anything happen last night? I couldn't get on the app or the website. App would come up and say vc symbols blah blah blah but then black out after that. Website said forbidden!

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Having issues with my firefox standing ticking with nothing happening when I'm trying to reply to threads. Happens on both of my computers and have to switch to explorer to be able to post.
Go in your programs and look for an adsense module then delete it. It was hanging my pc up too...