Magical books and Occult: Ars Notoria, Lemegeton and Goetia, Necronomicon, Thelema etc

Hi guys. Have you tried reading these books? And so what are your thoughts about it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I wanna try.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont try to read it.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IWSS

Rookie
Just checking if some of the people here tried checking these books out

TaraGaia

Rookie
Necronomicon is real? Thought it was just a book from the Evil Dead
Yes it is definitely real, it was written as a Gothic novel by HP Lovecraft. It's also called ''the book of Infernal Names''.

Some people believe it has actual occult meaning, but the majority of people do not. But like many things, it has the power you give it.

IWSS

Rookie
Yes it is definitely real, it was written as a Gothic novel by HP Lovecraft. It's also called ''the book of Infernal Names''.

Some people believe it has actual occult meaning, but the majority of people do not. But like many things, it has the power you give it.
Interesting. I have checked it numerous times but the moment you read it I feel like I'm already chanting so I didn't go through.

TaraGaia

Rookie
Interesting. I have checked it numerous times but the moment you read it I feel like I'm already chanting so I didn't go through.
It is written intended to feel as poetry, so that does make sense.

JoChris

Superstar
No. I probably would have read them before I became a Christian though if the internet had been available at the time.

Not really read but vaguely familiar with Thelema and Goetia.
The problem with Thelema (alesteir crowley's work, right) is that Crowley basically talked a load of poppycock. Seriously he was full of sh*te.
The idea of "do as though wilt" of course is misunderstood by simpletons ie the real idea is to do as the 'true self' wills..however it turns on it's head with the whole idea of the true self being our twin flame/angel...which is actually really the Qareen/astral shadow and not the true self which is pure consciousnesses. This is pretty much how all occult work actually works ie it almost always uses some truth and then goes in circles until it tells you 'oh yeh basically follow that entity over there'.

Goetia deals with conjuring or invocation, i kind of just skimmed past it the whole thing because id on't take it seriously. There is a lot of literature of a similar kind in the indian subcontinent and persia that's made it's rounds too. however if you understand the nature of the mind and how we interract with the spirit world...all of these spirits are an energy form, but then our mind can access any type of energy form it wants if you have enough will and concentration. The ultimate ideal is to align the mind with the Absolute and conquer the spirit world which is actually our purpose in life. Given the fact humans have done all types of evil to serve spirits inc human sacrifice..you'd have to be pretty ignorant to think conjuring/invocation will do you any real good especially since conjuring/invocation is only really done to serve our ego.

Aero

Superstar
Just read the Satanic bible. The way Lavey describes lesser and greater magic will teach you a lot.

I personally don't think of Satan as a positive Archetype, but I think the Satanists are onto something nonetheless. Greater magic comes from those archetypes. Sure the more willpower you can channel the better, but in the end it comes down to psychic instinct. And the balancing act between conscious and subconscious

IWSS

Rookie
you'd have to be pretty ignorant to think conjuring/invocation will do you any real good especially since conjuring/invocation is only really done to serve our ego.
This is absolutely effin on point! I agree. Judging mostly their teachings saying that you are your own god and ask demons/entities to aide you is serving your ego. Satanism and other deceptive religion is all about being selfish.

Corvus Corax

Established
Praying to a god to grant your personal wishes is also serving your ego.
Believing you know that the will of God is also an experience of the ego.

Liber jugorum suggests punishments for naughty egos.

X-ta-C

I've recently acquired a free version of Ars Notoria. Anyone here read that yet? What are your thoughts / opinion / experience or feelings from reading it?

Praying to a god to grant your personal wishes is also serving your ego.
Believing you know that the will of God is also an experience of the ego.

Liber jugorum suggests punishments for naughty egos.

our 'wishes' won't be granted if they're not true to the ideals of our religion.
In islam we believe if we plant bad seeds, we'll see bad fruit...
how can someone plant bad seeds on bad soil and have weak light in them, yet expect good fruit?
the whole 'ego' thing takes care of itself when we're tasting those bad fruit.
it reminds me of many muslims who have sold out their faith by seeking material posessions
once they attain the wealh, are they happy?
that ones ive seen are still the same miserable bastards they were before despite all the outward appearances.
This is a case of eating those bitter fruit.

Thelema and the new age flirt around a lot of good topics but one way or another they take you back to what their original intention was.
all the channelling/visions, it always comes down to the jinns.
nothing beyond.
you'll be sucking some reptilian dick in your astral experiences if you're not too careful.
but as long as you believe in your heart you're trying to punish your naughty ego, you'll probably gladly take part.

Aero

Superstar
Suddenly I'm wondering about all my astral experiences. I have a collection of reptile skulls.

Corvus Corax

Established
you'll be sucking some reptilian dick in your astral experiences if you're not too careful.
but as long as you believe in your heart you're trying to punish your naughty ego, you'll probably gladly take part.
Wow. I can't believe you wrote that.
It's extremely graphic and offensive.

I don't see that anything I wrote called for that kind of personal attack.

Wow. I can't believe you wrote that.
It's extremely graphic and offensive.

I don't see that anything I wrote called for that kind of personal attack.
Don't see it as a personal attack but an actual illustration of how that world works be it figuratively or literally.

Question
Did our physical evolution merely reflect the non physical order of things or does our physical evolution translate non physical experiences?
Ie our reptilian/mammalian natures?
The bible he's insight when it tells us about the nephillim and Hinduism tells us about the asurahs
These are very sexual beings which are very much about humiliation and control with the intent of enslaving humans..
Thelema is just one of many works thatve ultimatel come from the jinn deception...through channelling/divination based visions and the deceptive teachInhale in them are clear cut.
They dance around truths to catch you off guard with the most mind numbing crap.

You want the truth..this isn't it. Let's not defend these evil texts.

Corvus Corax

Established
What do you mean when you say Jinn?
Can you be more specific, so that I can better comprehend your words.

My point was that many religious and metaphysical structures are beset with ego problems.
And also that these groups recognise and attempt to deal with these issues, whether it is a monk flagellating himself in a cell, or a thelemite undergoing Liber Jugorum.

My original question has not been answered. Why are we being asked if we have read these books?
I've read some. I've read many things.
What's the significance of my reading?

I don't know what the OP has on his/her mind.
I'm usually very respectful of other belief systems having studied most of them.
Jinns are beings that live primarily on the astral and etheric planes tough some are higher..
In this age these entities are mostly evil. All these texts btw are from jinn communication...channelled works or divination.
Btw jinn are meant to be "made
Of fire" but the real meaning of this refers to desire-mind /tanha
The astral plane is called Kama-Loka ie Kama means desire. That world and the corresponding part of our self is basically our lower reptilian/mammalian nature.

U could just think alternatively that these experiences texts etc are a product of the monkey mind.
What ur looking at is an entire universe of trickery/deceptions
Avoid at all costs.