Magical books and Occult: Ars Notoria, Lemegeton and Goetia, Necronomicon, Thelema etc

Hi guys. Have you tried reading these books? And so what are your thoughts about it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I wanna try.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont try to read it.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corvus Corax

Established
Thank you.

So would you say that jinns are similar to elementals, or more like the demonic entities detailed in the old grimoires?

Do you also believe that the holy texts of religions are channeled from these jinn?
For instance, the new testament (a book I have also read). That speaks about ego, of self restraint and such like.
It also demands certain behaviours and restrictions. It threatens punishment and promises reward.

Is that a product of the jinn?

Corvus Corax

Established
I've recently acquired a free version of Ars Notoria. Anyone here read that yet? What are your thoughts / opinion / experience or feelings from reading it?
Mostly I feel totally confused by the sheer amount of words...
It's an historical document that sheds light on the people that wrote it 700 years ago, and how they thought about the world they lived in.

Basically I believe all things come from the Universal consciousness (you know how in the new testament it says all things are "in" "from" the Logos, the Logos/Image/Son etc is the universal consciousness. In hinduism it's called Vishnu.
The reason creation/causation actually happens is in order for this consciousness to manifest into many consciousnesses.
So you've got to look at it from a positive perspective ie why does this 'level' of consciousness really exist?
The first level of consciousness is what's called angelic/light. what little we know of angels is they do not procreate, they don't posess genders and they all 'serve God' (ie they are in tune with the universal consciousness although they are individual beings).
The state they exist in, is what we refer to as Islam or what the hindus refer to as Sattva.
The next phase of consciousness was where beings became more aware of their individuality in contrast with the all-else. It's from that state, desire was born.
If you look at the religions/spiritual systems where they talk about the death of desire, ie like Christianity..they are teaching us that ultimately we are the universal consciousness (but most christians don't seem to get this). Desire is limited to the conscious awareness of our individual self which is basically part of an illusion (maya).
However desire itself has levels, there's wholesome desire (Chanda) and there's unwholesome desire (Tanha) that's the cause of all suffering in this world. The perfect example of this is in the seraphs (burning serpents, get it?) who are the jinns. Iblees (ie the cheif satan) is a seraph who at one point was ranked higher than all the angels. Why? because his desire was wholesome and pointed upwards. Desire was what made him grow..and if you look at desire, it has no end, afterall the universal consciousness has no end.
As soon as he became aware of Adam (Earth, ie down) that fire become unwholesome ie jealousy, anger manifested andthat was his fall.
The first illusion comes from our seperation from the universal consciousness. The second illusion comes from our inability to see past desire itself in contrast to other people ie where we become ultra competitive, jealous, greedy etc.
The majority of the world and the entities in the astral plane that we have opened portals to, are of that nature.
What comes out of it, is nothing but tricks, deceptions...every single entity has it's own goals and wants to fuck over the next entity.
Now on that level every entity is basically an energy form of it's own variety/power/abilities.
You can think of it as an entire universe of varieties of every kind, size/power etc hence in the astral world you have worlds of every kind.
The physical world is basically a concentration of those energies...
and Adam ie the physical form of man was supposed to be the microcosm of every one of those energies/frequencies. Our consciousness is also a microcosm of the universal consciousness.
The reason we're here is to interract with every energy type both within us, outside us and in contrast to each other is to master/learn/grow.
it's like creating music from different sounds, or art from different colors.
There's a saying "art completes what nature couldn't bring to finish"

Now as far as our interraction with the 'jinn' world we're really just playing around with the second illusion (maya) and that's just an endless circle of misery and trickery of the mind that won't ever provide us with the authentic truth.

Jinn is more of a state of consciousness than it is an indivisual type of being but the seraphs are the most powerful of the jinns. Different names exist for them in islam like the ifrit jinns. As for the elementals they are actually a different group of beings, they're called muwakkils ie they're not strictly angels but they're not strictly jinns either ie they serve the natural order so they're angelic in that sense but then they exist within the lower worlds making them part jinni. Some people consider them jinn, others consider them angels. They are muwakkils for supposedly just about everything.
However there's one thing that's important, when we interract with them we're really interacting through the medium of our own mind. so what we see/experience is our own mind state really. These beings are fascinating but if they're evil it's due to our own mind.
They won't trouble a saint but will trouble the ave person.

My religion, islam, mostly advises against getting involved in that world and focusing on the here and now and trying to improve our self.
The reason people mostly get involved in those worlds is due to the illusion ie to serve their own ego. People like me were forced to learn because we were opened up to those worlds not due to our own self but the current world we live in, there are already portals opened all over, so we're directly witnessing demonic energies.
I got involved to protect myself aswell as to learn what it was all about afterall.

Btw, the good jinns ie the type who are in the state of wholesome desire....our interraction with them is a bad thing ie their nature can change fairly quickly from chanda to tanha and when that happens they're very destructive. The only people who can interract with them are the ones who've surpassed that world entirely.
There's nothing a jinn possesses a human can't possess, at least if we have some knowledge of the self we don't need to subjugate ourselves to them. One of the reasons jinns want to influence humans is because they happen to exist within our world ie our mind, they become part of us. When we change the conditions of our mind, it's like kicking them out of their turf and then they make attempts to bring us back to our earlier state.
What i've personally found however is that, with the right mindset you can use that energy even if it is seemingly evil, but transmute it. so for example we all have jealousy in us..but jealousy can be useful if you control it, same with hate or lust. It just has to be pointed in the right direction ie so you're effectively going from Tanha to Chanda but this time the entities in your world, are there with you and part of this transformation. To do that obviously requires strong impulse control but the moment you fall back the result ie inc what these entities do, is pretty crazy.

The parable of the empty house was about this
3 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Corvus Corax

Established
It's going to take me some time to read your reply properly.
But I would like to thank you now for the time and trouble you have taken to answer me.