Maajid Nawaz

Etagloc

Superstar
Maajid Nawaz discusses Islamism. A fascinating discussion.

Haich

Superstar
That duck in the grey suit is such a pathetic excuse for a human being.

You know what really annoys me about atheists like him, their condescending attitude to people of faith.

Anyway, Major Nawaz isn't a popular Muslim figure in the U.K. And he's said some questionable things in the past. Personally, I find him an apologist, his entire organisation (Quilliam) is about renovating and modernising Islam. He's a government mouthpiece and just says what they tell him. I think the focus should be educating the youth and helping British Muslims overcome the issue of radicalisation. Not sitting on a talk show with beak-nose.

Should Bill be bobbing for some dry bread in an alley pond? Seriously one of the most detestable guys on American TV.

As for Majid, he was a radical, joined a terror group and is now a public figure?? Too fishy for me, there's no way he'd be allowed back to the UK and be embraced unless he's working for the authorities.

Haich

Superstar
I agree that young British Muslims have a closer connection to Islam than their older counterparts which are more influenced by their cultures. Is this a bad thing? On the whole no, I try to adhere to my faith as much as I can and I'm quite devout with regards to what I abstain from. I don't listen to music, no alcohol and I don't freemix, only at work. However there's been a huge shift since the inception of social media. More Muslims are beginning to adopt western culture especially the recreational aspects which conflict with the laws of Islam. As a result, we have a new modernised Islam in the U.K. Personally, I think it's gone too far and what passes as Islam these days is for me, problematic. We have two extremes, converts who are groomed by random guys loitering outside cafes and mosques, who then adopt a politically driven and extreme intolerance to British foreign policy, then we have the polar opposite which is someone who is just about hanging on to the thread of Islam yet drinks, parties and does as they wish.

Ultimately I believe it's due to the secularism in society and the absence of any real leadership. Brexit is a current preoccupation and the reoccurring narrative on our screens and theresea may has proven she's not fit to govern and address issues such as radicalism head first. To put it simply, radicalism is a byproduct of corruption and flawed foreign policy.

I'd argue the solution is first for there to be more transparency in Islamic communities. In the U.K. Muslims are usually of Asian descent (Pakistani, Bengali and Indian) and they have a notoriously private culture where any issues aren't readily reported to the authorities. This is mostly due to elders trying to prevent shame and displeasure falling on their people but as a result, a lot of radical grooming in mosques or in cafes goes undetected. If communities let younger people lead mosques and liaise with local authorities more could be done in rooting out the men recruiting for these radical organisations

Also, I believe these men need to be imprisoned or deported. How many times has an attacker been known to authorities? Or on the police radar? One times too many! It's an absolute systematic failure by the British government and intelligence services. I personally believe, their shortcomings and discrepancies are intentional and they welcome the havoc radicalism causes as it justifies their middle eastern and African presence.

Keep sucking up all that oil and blood money western world, God is watching and knows all too well the deceit and trickery you've created.