Lucifer Discussion

Doesn't Lucifer mean the light-bringer?

The movie Lucy surely alludes to it, becoming so scary at one point where you would think the protagonist did in fact become a god!

God Forbid

Lucifer is the morning star mentioned in Revelation 2 by the Holy Spirit. In it the Holy Spirit says '"i will give him the morning star".
In the Quran in Surah at-Tariq (Tariq means star) Allah tells us

1 By the Sky and the Night-Visitant (therein);-
2 And what will explain to thee what the Night-Visitant is?-
3 (It is) the Star of piercing brightness;-
4 There is no soul but has a protector over it.
5 Now let man but think from what he is created!

verse 5 is not supposed to be linked to verse 4 typically but I do make that connection.
In islam we have something called the Light of Mohammad SAW or the Mohammedan reality.
It refers to a 'light' that was the 'first thing Allah created' and 'Allah created my light from His light'
this is in contrast to the Logos which is eternal.
We believe the light is both Rahma and the Divine intellect from which all things came into being.
This is basically the 'Wisdom' mentioned in the bible, the first thing in creation.

why is it likened to the 'morning star' ie venus? it's because it rises out of darkness.
In hinduism i believe it is called Buddhi. note: the name Buddha meaning 'enlightened one'.
Hinduism has some beautiful explanations of Buddhi which can easily be understood by any christian or muslim.
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/concepts/buddhi.asp
can't copy and paste this, so check it out, it's a good read.

imo that is what lucifer really is, the divine intellect/wisdom that is there, in us.