Love Yourself Agenda.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
What? For what perceived, what happened to Desmond is clearly child abuse. He barely wakes up, like he's been drugged all the time. I wont do that to my own child.
Yeah. It's actually a pretty long story... We got into an argument because they didn't approved who I would vote here in Brazil then I discovered that they turned into militant zombies and I was their enemy now, plus all our friendship (+10 years) was for naught.

They were pro abortion, atheists (not really, they just didn't like Christ because one of these guys is into Umbanda, wich is witchcraft really), LGBTQWERTYUIOP+ militants you know the sort of people. But the thing is that even tough I didn't agree with them I always respected them as people and our former friendship still meant something, but to them I'm nothing more an opressive priviliged white male. In other words, the enemy.

Dalit

Star
Now that you mentioned this. I find it really difficult to find a husband, a man who will make me closer to God. Not, because he gambles or cheats all the time so I pray to God he will stop. But someone who can support and elevate us together in this mortal life. People tell me I am being picky, but I do want to guard my deen, you know.

Friends can go separate ways. But I wish something permanent with spouse.
Don't worry about finding a husband and don't settle either. A wise friend of mine who has been married twice, widowed both times, says there's no such thing as being too picky. Her first husband was narcissistic and mean and didn't share her faith even though he pretended like he did. Her second husband did share her faith and was the kindest and most loyal man she's ever known. If I marry, I want one like husband #2. :) I'm not sure there's time for marriage, so I'll be okay either way.

neptunejoo

Established
Don't worry about finding a husband and don't settle either. A wise friend of mine who has been married twice, widowed both times, says there's no such thing as being too picky. Her first husband was narcissistic and mean and didn't share her faith even though he pretended like he did. Her second husband did share her faith and was the kindest and most loyal man she's ever known. If I marry, I want one like husband #2. :) I'm not sure there's time for marriage, so I'll be okay either way.
Hey, thank you for the reassurance...

neptunejoo

Established
We ourselves are God's creatures too :). Just saying.
True. What to what level? I mean, if love can be quantified, which gets the bigger portion? The love of God, the love of God's creature, the love of Self as God's creature? And if one should be prioritized, which is to be sacrificed?

neptunejoo

Established
Yeah. It's actually a pretty long story... We got into an argument because they didn't approved who I would vote here in Brazil then I discovered that they turned into militant zombies and I was their enemy now, plus all our friendship (+10 years) was for naught.

They were pro abortion, atheists (not really, they just didn't like Christ because one of these guys is into Umbanda, wich is witchcraft really), LGBTQWERTYUIOP+ militants you know the sort of people. But the thing is that even tough I didn't agree with them I always respected them as people and our former friendship still meant something, but to them I'm nothing more an opressive priviliged white male. In other words, the enemy.
Personally, I never see a white man as oppressive, although the majority of those who oppressed people, stastically white men (I am talking about colonialism) but I think wickedness come in races and gender. Because you are born into this specific race, you also have responsibility, function, and chances than those who are born in Asia for example. I think it is wise to know that and how to fulfill your potential. Wish you luck.

Vytas

Star
True. What to what level? I mean, if love can be quantified, which gets the bigger portion? The love of God, the love of God's creature, the love of Self as God's creature? And if one should be prioritized, which is to be sacrificed?
If you incapable of loving yourself, you can't love others too. As Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself. If you hate yourself you will hate your neighbor. Love for God is obviously above all that.
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

DesertRose

Superstar
neptunejoo are you referring to the excessive self love and egotism as can be seen from those in leadership? They abuse their spheres of responsibility and everyone else pays the price from the environment to other people. You are right this is against a righteous path.
Some think tanks and their tankers :) think that all individuals make choices that benefit themselves the most. Minimum loss and maximum benefit however this is not the way of spiritual warriors.

"At the individual level, rational choice theory stipulates that the agent chooses the action (or outcome) they most prefer. In the case where actions (or outcomes) can be evaluated in terms of costs and benefits, a rational individual chooses the action (or outcome) that provides the maximum net benefit, i.e., the maximum benefit minus cost."

saintroserosalia

Established
I believe it is good to love/respect yourself.
Have pride in health, mind and spirit. But also stay humble. Do not develop a narcissistic ego that drifts you away of God, spouse and the like.
What I find is a lot of people these days seem to equate self-love with narcissism. Can't really blame them when there are so many misleading messages bombarding through social media/celebrities/advertising.

Dalit

Star
Anton Lavey was very open about the fact that his Church of Satan was not about devil worship, but SELF worship.
There you go. That would be the perfect deception, too, to get people focused so much on self-love that leads to self-worship that they are worshipping the devil and wouldn't even know it.

Maes17

Superstar
What I find is a lot of people these days seem to equate self-love with narcissism. Can't really blame them when there are so many misleading messages bombarding through social media/celebrities/advertising.
It can develop into narcissism if taken into excess. That's why it's best to take a "healthy" approach. Nothing wrong with loving yourself. Self preservation, independent/self reliance is all perfect for developing confidence and sense of pride and self worth.

There are boundaries though that can come of as too prideful, narcissistic and that can lead down a different tune eventually.