Loss of faith, and perception of reality.

Alanantic

Star
There is no real freedom in your solution. It only forces one to then try and find reason in an unreasonable world.
Like I said, you're comfortable. Both of us think the other is on a fool's errand. I'm comfortable, too. :)

Michi

Established
@Lyfe
I think this verse applies to this situation.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

@Atlantic we are done don’t bother addressing me anymore it will be ignored.

Alanantic

Star
@Lyfe
I think this verse applies to this situation.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

@Atlantic we are done don’t bother addressing me anymore it will be ignored.
I can tell you take your beliefs seriously. You need to lighten up.

DavidSon

Star
The ideas I focused on aren't man-man moreso I read about them in the Bible,
I know the terminology as I've read most chapters multiple times. I'm pointing out it's your phrasing which is cultural, specifically of Born Again Christianity or Evangelicalism which at least has to be seen for what it is. I was raised Roman Catholic and there no one is expected to "see Jesus" and say they're "born again". That's what I mean by man-made, that you could be trapping yourself with one limited interpretation of God/Jesus including false judgements.

Islam isn't a holy religion whatsoever but moving along towards being myself? I don't necessarily understand what you mean by that statement, do you mean I should do everything my impulses require?
I disagree but all I was saying is we can be free of the man-worship of the Prophet/Messiah Jesus. Neither he or Muhammad or any other Prophet would want us groveling in dark room worshiping their memory. God gave YOU the holy spirit, gave YOU an imagination, opportunities and completely unique qualities. No we don't worship ourselves either and of course keep the saintly men and women in our consciousness, but it's a balance.

My "stupid habit" is an actual sin which is what contributes to the guilt. I'm not sure if you get it but I don't want material pleasures moreso a feeling of acceptance, joy and guidance not that.
Sorry if my wording was confusing but I meant that by recognizing love (peace, patience) the want of material pleasures diminishes. If we can forgive ourselves and be honest about the pleasure something elicits I think we have a better chance of letting it go. Discipline is necessary but a healthy state of mind is just as crucial.

Take alcohol for example. Is it a sin? Kind of because it's a neuro-toxin. But billions of people around the world enjoy a drink now and then. It lightens the heart and removes inhibition. There's a famous Islamic Hadith where Muhammad says these things have value but their negative side is greater. Jesus was a Nazarite and certainly didn't drink but many Christians do. I'd like to hear other opinions but you think we'll be sentenced to hell for drinking? I think hurting others is far worse. For the record I have drank but not for many years because I don't want to disrupt my... connection if that makes sense. But we have to reach these understandings naturally or we're just forcing down something that will arise in other areas.

Christians suffer self imposed pain for not living up to the standards of a monk or nun. Either give away all your possessions as a disciple of Christ or be satisfied as a humble layperson. Yes we should all keep prayers and fast but be realistic (and proud) of the path God has us on.

Lyfe

Star
Whose defining evil? The Bible supports some things that are evil, condemns some others. The Bible says some things are evil when in reality they are not.

I don’t think God gets to judge what’s evil. If we judge him by those same standards then he is evil.

God exists but is evil is the only logical conclusion of your set of beliefs.
If God doesnt have the final say on what is evil then it becomes subjective and determined on an individual basis. I could steal your bike and you would have no real authority to stand on in pointing out what I have done is wrong other than your own opinion(subjective).

Lyfe

Star
Creating feeling beings and subjecting them to a loyalty test, with dire consequences for failure, is the original evil.

You can’t escape that the only logical conclusion for strict-theists is that God exists and is evil.By any standard the God of the Abrahamic religions is exceedingly evil.
God is morally perfect and without sin so that makes him the only fit judge to qualify what is good and evil. You on the other hand have lied, slandered, falsely accused, cheated, stole, and commtted all sorts of acts that even you as an imperfect being would qualify as bad. You arent fit to determine whats good and evil.

Alanantic

Star
If God doesnt have the final say on what is evil then it becomes subjective and determined on an individual basis. I could steal your bike and you would have no real authority to stand on in pointing out what I have done is wrong other than your own opinion(subjective).
Who's to say if a thing is good or bad,
If one person's happy and another one's sad?

Your best source of morality is your own conscience. It can't be found in a book.

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
Hi. I’m sorry to hear you are struggling with addiction. Without going into detail I also dealt with the same issues including the occult. Overcoming addiction is an ongoing fight. We must stay close to God.
It just bothers me that mine was prolonged compared to others.
What I know is that God will never turn his back on you if you go to him. Confess to him in private. Ask him to help you. It cannot be done without him.

There is a lot of noise in dealing with the occult and it will mess you up in the head. Unfortunately there is a lot of noise on this forum too that will drag you into arguments
It surely does, I don't necessarily know why people say the LOA works perfectly for them since I felt so disconnected from reality, I couldn't think, I didn't feel like myself to the point where I'd just detail a personality I wanted to own.

I had alot of headaches too, so much so I actually caught a flu from it during my mid-year exams. It was bad.
Please reread John 3:16.
You are a child of God. Please continue to seek God however and whenever you can. I will pray for you today.
Thank you, Ithink that genuinely worked, I felt like I was in a much better state yesterday later on the day and today in the morning. When praying it still feels like he isn't there but I'll do it more.

DavidSon

Star
Your best source of morality is your own conscience. It can't be found in a book.
Wouldn't you agree that extreme generalizations either for or against religions are untrue? Morality, values, wisdom can be found in scripture. It can also be found in the traditions of people who didn't know of the Abrahamic religions. I agree the conscience is an inborn gift but societal conditioning is obviously a real thing that complements or reinforces our innate sense of judgement.

I think it's amazing how similar the laws of different lands were through history long before mass communication. Confuscius was very much a lawgiver for China like a Moses or Hammurabi. Some take our universal intelligence as evidence of a higher power, a higher intelligence that humans are a reflection of.

It's human tradition to pay homage to what they imagine is the Creator. There are atheists and Buddhist types that don't relate to that feeling but in the modern day "believers" are still the majority. We can include people like Native Americans who invoke the Great Spirit.

The Bible reveals an evolving conception of reality/God. I've said before the Tanakh has a bit more anthropomorphic quality, maybe hearkening to the period when Yahweh was a local Canaanite diety with his wife Ashteroth. But at some time man conceived of God as the supreme hidden force, just as the Greeks who were speculating on the Monad, or the Indians on Brahma. By the NT we read a much more refined aspect of God related to self illumination. I think Islam is the final development of that branch of knowledge which led to all types of in depth revelations of Tawhid (Oneness) and debates on the nature of reality, etc. We could spend a lifetime studying Islamic philosophy and only scratch the surface of how prolific those ideas were (hundreds of years before they influenced European thought).

To summarize this post it's ignorant to discount religion as all false without considering their place in history.

Last edited:

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
I felt very similar to you, and still do at times.

I feel that your involvement in the occult is just like a kid acting out in rebellion to their parents because that's how I felt. Like I wanted to piss him off because I didn't like what he was doing to me.

We have to believe that it is for our sake whatever he is putting us through and our goodness and just take it a day at a time but I'm pretty sure if u turn ur back u will feel the emptiness i felt. It's very tough we live in a very tough generation.

Pray I say just ask for it ask for him to humble u and pray for help with unbelief and faithfulness is all u can do. Pour it all out and just let him work even if it takes a long time.

No easy answers here because I know how hard it is and I think only the holy spirit can renew ur mind and sanctify u which is a process
That literally sums it up perfectly, I literally wanted to do everything to make him angry perhaps not overtly admitting it but in the underlying nature of it I was. I I even considered getting a tattoo just for the sake of it, cursing became my norm, I would watch all kinds of stuff because I wanted to, endulged in my addictions daily and got increasingly intrigued by Ayn Rand(inspired Bioshock)

I did previously ask for that and got no answer however I think I've found that for now since good times never last that long when the devil exists, not too thrilled about that but it's going well for now, enjoyed listening to the Bible for once after this trial. I believe writing on this thread helped quite alot since I couldn't explain it to my family members since nobody really understands.

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
I know your soul is not tainted, even though you’ve been told so.

If your addiction is negatively affecting your life either try and get it under control or stop but don’t stay in a guilt spiral over it.

I don’t know what it is but I have a
feeling it’s your perceived guilt over it that is worse than anything else.

God does hate you, he hates all of us, he has made it very clear that we are disgusting nasty creatures who could never possibly satisfy him and are doomed unless we follow exactly the right religion.

Do yourself a favor and reject him first, you’ll free yourself from the grips of a deranged tyrant and can enjoy your life.
My soul is tainted, I assure you that not because someone told me but because I saw myself for who I was. Before I was Christian I thought I was a good person because I never aimed to hurt others and then after I noticed just the amount of messed up things I did likewise intentionally.

I can't reject the one who made me, it's like a child rejecting their parent, I wouldn't want my own child to do that to me either.

The addiction affects my perception on both life and individuals themselves not my relationships so it is negative.

I never felt freedom when I left him, it was fun but an unfulfilled fun filled with confusion, pain and selfishness, I didn't love anybody but myself and couldn't feel empathy, I was selfish not because someone told me I am but because I knew what I felt.

And this "fun" was my imagination going wild as you know the LOA teaches one to visualize and etc, not my reality, it still sucked, nothing happened. I wasn't free.

I never had a problem with the existence of hell, genuinely, I don't think God is cruel for that, the fact that these elite handlers would go there made me unbothered and rather view God as just for they believe that they can get away with sacrificing children and raping babies in this world however they will be punished in the next.

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
“He designed you in a specific way that makes you dependent on his love for sustenance”

Just like an abuser making someone dependent totally on him.
His love is twisted and warped and he clearly hates his creations.
When you compare it to a child and parent relationship it's not twisted. Infants depend on their parents for survival, to be fed, clothed, have their hygiene taken care of, corrected likewise humans are to God, we depend on him to be fed, clothed, corrected and children just like humans when reaching a particular age of maturity chose which path they take in life to either go ahead with their parents teachings or not.

God is real, he is in everything even when we don't want to admit it because he is a reflection in all things good.

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established

They help more than you know, but at the end of the day we have to choose to get our act together. They can only intervene so much.
You do know those are demons right? I'm surprised you're on this website and you don't believe there is a higher power?

Alanantic

Star
You have made it abundantly clear that your only purpose on this forum is to slander God and Christians. Your quite bitter against a God that you contend doesnt even exist.
I never said God didn't exist. YOUR God never did. He was invented by bronze age priests to control the masses. Mine is just fine Being Everything and residing as the life spark within.

Lyfe

Star
I never said God didn't exist. YOUR God never did. He was invented by bronze age priests to control the masses. Mine is just fine Being Everything and residing as the life spark within.
Your god is a creation and figment of your imagination.

Alanantic

Star
Your god is a creation and figment of your imagination.
I experienced "God", the Dreamer of this universe, as myself when I was 4 years old. No belief transcends that experience, and it wasn't the last time. You and your god beliefs have nothing to offer me.

Lyfe

Star
I experienced "God", the Dreamer of this universe, as myself when I was 4 years old. No belief transcends that experience, and it wasn't the last time. You and your god beliefs have nothing to offer me.
Its strange how you blame the God that doesnt exist for some of the bad things that have happened to you but the god you do believe in who you believe to be real is not to blame and perfectly accepted by you.

Alanantic

Star
Its strange how you blame the God that doesnt exist for some of the bad things that have happened to you but the god you do believe in who you believe to be real is not to blame and perfectly accepted by you.
Must've been my Christian upbringing. Nah, I blame my God, too. Hey, I'm as confused as the next person. Just a little less so than you. Ha!

Lyfe

Star
Must've been my Christian upbringing. Nah, I blame my God, too. Hey, I'm as confused as the next person. Just a little less so than you. Ha!
Your idea of god sounds like pantheism plus you hold the belief of reincarnation. To me that doesnt make much sense. We as humans got our emotions, will, and intellect somewhere. It only stands to reason we got them from an intelligent designer with personality and similair faculties. The idea we got these abilities from an impersonal force/ energy pantheistic god not capable of any of these things makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is we got them from a creator who made us in his image. We inherited these things from them.