Loss of faith, and perception of reality.

Nikōn

Veteran
I don’t think God gets to judge what’s evil. If we judge him by those same standards then he is evil.
This is a claim but not hermeneutically proven one. Merely stating that "God is evil according to God's standards for morality" is only a claim.

God exists but is evil is the only logical conclusion of your set of beliefs.
This is just circular reasoning. God is evil because you say that God is evil because your liberal values contradict the Bibles. Your liberal values are too, circular reasoning. Being a liberal doesn't prove that the values of the Bible are evil, it just proves that you're a liberal.
God being evil too is a contradiction by definition. God is theologically and ontologically the source of both good and evil. The existence of evil as a thing in the world enacted by living beings does not delegitimize the existence of good as a thing in the world. The eschatology of Hell (which you loathe) also balances out these things.

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
Your idea of god sounds like pantheism plus you hold the belief of reincarnation. To me that doesnt make much sense. We as humans got our emotions, will, and intellect somewhere. It only stands to reason we got them from an intelligent designer with personality and similair faculties. The idea we got these abilities from an impersonal force/ energy pantheistic god not capable of any of these things makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is we got them from a creator who made us in his image. We inherited these things from them.
I never said we didn't. Life is a Tree. We're all a part of it. We need not search for God. God is within...Everything.

It surely does, I don't necessarily know why people say the LOA works perfectly for them since I felt so disconnected from reality, I couldn't think, I didn't feel like myself to the point where I'd just detail a personality I wanted to own.
The Law of Attraction is real, but the Oprah version is not. The mainstream version of LOA is intentionally deceptive, and designed to make you ungrounded or disconnected as you mention.

The real universal Law of Attraction works much differently. In order for an idea to manifest, you must set aside your desire and instead surrender yourself to the idea. When you know for certain that something will eventually manifest, then ideas such as desires or wishes will lose all importance to you.

Surrendering to an idea is the exact opposite of “wishing” for something. When you wish for something, you are actually instructing the universe in a counterproductive manner. You are essentially telling the universe that holding on to the wish forever is much more important than the actual fulfillment.

Nikōn

Veteran
Hell exists solely to put someone in it. Of course it’s an evil thing to believe in. If you created hell it’s only so you could get off on watching the suffering of others.
Yet you also in the same breath "why would a good God let bad things happen?". :D

Alanantic

Star
Yet you also in the same breath "why would a good God let bad things happen?". :D
"All these sufferings are man-made and it is within man's power to put an end to them. God helps by facing man with the results of his actions and demanding that the balance should be restored. Karma is the law that works for righteousness; it is the healing hand of God." -- Nisargadatta

Of course, that only makes sense when combined with reincarnation...