Location of hell

phipps

Star
Hell (Hades) is the place of departed unsaved souls who can see the afar off of their judgment in the region of.(the Lake of fire) The second judgment is when they are cast into the lake of fire.(Rev. 20:10-15)
This is completely unbiblical. Have you actually read Revelation 20:10-15? If you had, you would notice that what you posted just doesn't harmonise with those verses.

"The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

Hades means grave btw. So the underlined parts of the scripture say, "The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works." That means all that dead in the sea and in the graves will be resurrected and judged according to their works. So already hades is not "the place of departed unsaved souls who can see the afar off of their judgment in the region of." is it? Not according to the Bible anyway. Then its says, "Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire." This means that death and graves were destroyed in the lake of fire too. That is why there will be no more death after the lake of fire has died out and all sin destroyed forever.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
So what you’re telling people is that Hell is not so bad?
I did not imply that hell won't be that bad so where do you get that from? Hell will definitely be bad and will be a place of punishment but it won't be eternal. I'm saying that a loving God would not punish anyone eternally. It will be hard enough for Him to to see anyone He created destroyed and die for eternity after the price He paid for sin. After all God is a God of love who does not want any to perish. The comfort is the unsaved will die the second death and not be punished eternally.

Last edited:
This is completely unbiblical. Have you actually read Revelation 20:10-15? If you had, you would notice that what you posted just doesn't harmonise with those verses.

"The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

Hades means grave btw. So the underlined parts of the scripture say, "The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works." That means all that were dead in the sea and it graves were resurrected and judged according to their works. So already hades is not "the place of departed unsaved souls who can see the afar off of their judgment in the region of." is it? Not according to the Bible anyway. Then its says, "Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire." This means that death and graves were destroyed in the lake of fire too. That is why there will be no more death after the lake of fire has died out and all sin destroyed forever.
Cant help ya!

You always do this when you have nothing to say.
Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus's_Discourse_to_the_Greeks_concerning_Hades

Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades. Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades is a short treatise believed to be the work of Hippolytus of Rome . It is also known as Josephus's Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades because it was erroneously attributed to the Jewish historian since at least the 9th century,... Josephus was a follower of Christ. He gives the discourse of what was taught by the Jew on Hades...it is nothing like your idea and it fits Christ explanation of Lazarus and the rich man. He also gives the history of the Jews.

phipps

Star
Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus's_Discourse_to_the_Greeks_concerning_Hades

Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades. Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades is a short treatise believed to be the work of Hippolytus of Rome . It is also known as Josephus's Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades because it was erroneously attributed to the Jewish historian since at least the 9th century,... Josephus was a follower of Christ. He gives the discourse of what was taught by the Jew on Hades...it is nothing like your idea and it fits Christ explanation of Lazarus and the rich man. He also gives the history of the Jews.
Hades means grave especially in the context of Revelation 20:10-15. What you posted about hades and hell as in "Hell (Hades) is the place of departed unsaved souls who can see the afar off of their judgment in the region of.(the Lake of fire) The second judgment is when they are cast into the lake of fire.(Rev. 20:10-15)" is not based on what the Bible says about hell. I'll stick to Bible truth.

Lisa

Superstar
The vindication is about His character. God has been misrepresented about many things and about hell too. No doubt it all begins with Satan. God has been represented as a tyrant who will punish the unsaved for eternity which is not like His loving character as written of in His Word. To tell the truth about God is to prove He would never punish even the devil for eternity.
But He is going to punish the devil for eternity, along with all the sinners who haven’t believed on Jesus to save them from the lake of fire.

He is a loving God, a loving God who took the punishment for sin upon Himself..but that doesn’t mean that He won’t punish sinners like He said He will in Matthew 25:46.

I don’t understand how you can say the righteous will live eternally but the unrighteous won’t be eternally punished...the verse is very plain..the righteous go into eternal life, the unrighteous to eternal punishment...there isn’t any extra explaining needed.

Lisa

Superstar
Contend...2 : to strive in debate : argue
I always think of contending for the fight as arguing for the faith. I haven’t really thought of it as being steadfast...

Doesn’t it take a little self will to keep going in the direction of faith? Everyday, there are doubting thoughts..and you have to put those aside and carry on in faith...it does take a little self will to stay in the faith and not give up. Like you had to choose faith and you have to continue to choose faith. Fighting the good fight of faith.

Contend...2 : to strive in debate : argue
I always think of contending for the fight as arguing for the faith. I haven’t really thought of it as being steadfast...

Doesn’t it take a little self will to keep going in the direction of faith? Everyday, there are doubting thoughts..and you have to put those aside and carry on in faith...it does take a little self will to stay in the faith and not give up. Like you had to choose faith and you have to continue to choose faith. Fighting the good fight of faith.
Nothing, Let me say it again...Nothing is left up to self will. (1 Cor. 12:1-31) All is done by God through the Spirit. You are not helping Christ by your will, but Christ is manifesting Himself THROUGH you. Study the Scripture. If this Scripture does not apply to you, then seek the Lord. The Spirit does not give you a gift for you to use, but the Spirit uses a willing vessel for the Spirit to manifest Himself as the Gift.

Lisa

Superstar
Nothing, Let me say it again...Nothing is left up to self will. (1 Cor. 12:1-31) All is done by God through the Spirit. You are not helping Christ by your will, but Christ is manifesting Himself THROUGH you. Study the Scripture. If this Scripture does not apply to you, then seek the Lord. The Spirit does not give you a gift for you to use, but the Spirit uses a willing vessel for the Spirit to manifest Himself as the Gift.
Well, we are told to test the Spirits..why would that be the case if the Spirit is manifesting Himself through us?
Why were the bereans examining the scriptures daily to see if what they were told measured up to scripture?
Why is Jude telling us to keep ourselves in the love of God..or conversely why does Jesus tell us to be on the alert for false teachers? If we don’t have free will anymore, and are strictly controlled by the Spirit, then why does sin still matter in our lives? Because we still are sinners..we are just saved by grace through faith. And it faith that we have to protect and be steadfast in..it does use our free will to keep. We can defect at any time..because we aren’t once saved always saved but trying to run a race.
Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-2, 4‬ ‭
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin.
‭‭
Verse 4...sounds like it is up to us to keep striving, God is helping, but we also must put in some effort.

phipps

Star
@Lisa

But He is going to punish the devil for eternity, along with all the sinners who haven’t believed on Jesus to save them from the lake of fire.
I'm not going to debate with you continuously on this subject. This is that last thing I'm going to say to you on this subject. What you're saying is simply not the truth of the Bible as I've proven from the Old to New Testament. Your doctrine doesn't harmonise with God's Word.

He is a loving God, a loving God who took the punishment for sin upon Himself..but that doesn’t mean that He won’t punish sinners like He said He will in Matthew 25:46.
Yes God is loving but He is also evil if He will punish sinners and the devil eternally according to your doctrine. It is so repulsive to think of God punishing and terrorizing sinners and the devil in hellfire for eternity. Yes, they will be thrown in the lake of fire and will be punished according to their works Matthew 16:27, Luke 12:47-48, Revelation 22:12, which means some will last longer than others and the devil will last longest than anyone but the fire will die out after doing its work and purifying this earth. God's judgement will be just, true, righteous, and fair. Why would someone who committed one sin be punished the same as the devil? How can you think of God like that? The Bible doesn't portray Him like that at all because He is not like that. God is love and would rather none of us perish.

“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

“God … gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

The wages for (or the result of) sin is death, not everlasting life in hellfire. The wicked “perish,” or receive “death.” The righteous receive “everlasting life.” I believe you understood this point but continue to stick to your doctrine for reasons I do not know.

Psalm 37:10, 20, "For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the wicked shall perish; And the enemies of the Lord, Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish. Into smoke they shall vanish away."

I don’t understand how you can say the righteous will live eternally but the unrighteous won’t be eternally punished...the verse is very plain..the righteous go into eternal life, the unrighteous to eternal punishment...there isn’t any extra explaining needed.
I don't say this, the Bible does as I've quoted in this post and in all this forum. I even posted an explanation of what eternal means biblically using scripture and yet you still ask this question? The eternal aspect of the fire is its everlasting effect, not how long it burns. Its up to you whether you believe your doctrine on this subject or the Word of God. I will pray that you accept the truth of God. God bless.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I don't say this, the Bible does as I've quoted in this post and in all this forum.
Yes it is you saying that, Jesus doesn’t back up what you say in Matthew 25:46. You are jumping through hoops trying to get it to ‘harmonize’ with God’s word.
Is it too hard for you to accept that God will leave people in the lake of fire for eternity just like Jesus said?

phipps

Star
The Earth Made New

Summary: The earth will be cleansed with fire, and it will become the eternal home of God's people.

The fire that will destroy Satan's followers will also cleanse the earth:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:10-13).

God will restore the earth to its original beauty, making the earth new:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful” (Revelation 21:1, 3-5).

God's home will be among His people. The sorrows of the world will be passed away and will no longer come to mind:

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
And her people a joy.
I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying"
(Isaiah 65:17-19).

The kingdom of God will be restored. The new earth will be the final home of those who choose God's way.

"The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men" (Psalm 115:16).

amazingdiscoveries.org

Bellz

Rookie
Phew...my head is spinning from all the scriptures being quoted. It confuses me.

Why must we fear god?

Where do you get time to go through the bible to get all the scriptures?

Thunderian

Superstar
Phew...my head is spinning from all the scriptures being quoted. It confuses me.[
Are you saved?

Why must we fear god?
We don't need to be afraid of him, but the Creator deserved respect. Don't you think?

You have to make time, but the more you study the Bible, the more you want to. :)

Thunderian

Superstar
@phipps, what do you make of the following passage in Isaiah?

And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Lisa

Superstar
We don't need to be afraid of him, but the Creator deserved respect. Don't you think?
This is not literal?
Luke‬ ‭12:5‬
But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

‭‭ ‭
You have to make time, but the more you study the Bible, the more you want to. :)
I thought @phipps cut and pastes a lot?

phipps

Star
Phew...my head is spinning from all the scriptures being quoted. It confuses me.

Why must we fear god?

I know there is a lot of scripture but you need to take your time to study God's Word prayerfully. Its because everything is being mentioned all at once here. We need to pace ourselves though.

Why must we fear god?
We should not fear God, We should love Him. The intention is not for us to fear Him but at the same time we must know the truths of His Word and the consequences of the choices we make in our lives eternally. None of this will happen to us if we accept Christ as our personal Saviour, submit and obey Him.

Studying the Bible often. As Christians we need to study the Bible everyday. We need to make time to spend with God in prayer and studying His Word. I've known about and studied this subject for years though.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I know there is a lot of scripture but you need to take your time to study God's Word prayerfully.
She really needs to study prayerfully because you are off on this..
We should not fear God, We should love Him
But Jesus says;
Luke‬ ‭12:5‬ ‭
But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!
Are you gonna say it doesn’t mean what Jesus said too?

‭‭
Studying the Bible often. As Christians we need to study the Bible everyday. We need to make time to spend with God in prayer and studying His Word. I've known about and studied this subject for years though
Aren’t you just cutting and pasting what someone else has said?