List of muslims who converted to Christianity

Like I said, some people fail at Christianity because it's too difficult for them so they turn to other religions and cults to try to fill the empty spiritual void within themselves.
Anybody who's truly known Jesus would ever want to leave him, just as no true Elvis fan would ever want to leave Elv..:)
Jesus once asked his mates if they'd ever desert him-
"Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life" (John 6:68 )
Christianity allows drinking and pork..islam has rules inc praying 5 times a day. Fasting in ramadan etc.
Plus during colonialism, christianity was the more materially rewarding religion to follow.
So nice little claim...not really rooted in reality though.
Islam is more difficult and still is winning on this one because people realise christianity doesnt have any practical solutions for normal ppl.

Tidal

Star
How can anybody not like Jesus?

1- "Just you stick with me chum"
2- "Thanks JC, you're my main man"
3- "Hey kiddo, why do you talk to common riffraff like him?"
4- "If you're looking for trouble you came to the right place"
5/6- "On yer bikes!"

Tidal

Star
Christianity allows drinking and pork..islam has rules inc praying 5 times a day. Fasting in ramadan etc.
..Islam is more difficult and still is winning on this one because people realise christianity doesnt have any practical solutions for normal ppl.

1- God said right from the start-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
'Everything' includes booze and pork ..:)

2- Why should anybody want to pray 5 times a day, or do fasting? What's the purpose?

3- Like I've said, people who desert Jesus can never have truly known him..:)

Tidal

Star
How can anybody not like Jesus?
Here he rescues a naughty girl from a stone-throwing jewish mob, yet muslims still stone them today-

1- God said right from the start-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
'Everything' includes booze and pork ..:)

2- Why should anybody want to pray 5 times a day, or do fasting? What's the purpose?

3- Like I've said, people who desert Jesus can never have truly known him..:)
1) Abraham, the patiarchs right the way to the israelites in egypt, lived without the law.

Yet God saw fit to give then a law with many rules.

Whilst jesus fulfilled the mosaic law, the gentiles were grafted in and started from point 0. Paul compared the gentile converts to the patriarchs too.
So it makes sense that once the gentiles erred with false belief like this stupid trinitarian polytheism, then gentiles were coming under the law system again until the second coming of Jesus.

2) the OT prophets and Jesus prayed by kneeling down and placing their forehead on the ground. Aramaic speaking Christians in syria pray in a similar way as do jews.
Fasting is also practiced by many christians and OT prophets.
Seems to me you follow some white washed gay liberal christianity.

Tidal

Star
..the OT prophets and Jesus prayed by kneeling down and placing their forehead on the ground.
Fasting is also practiced by many christians and OT prophets.
Seems to me you follow some white washed gay liberal christianity.

1- When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray he replied "Our Father in heaven..", he never mentioned anything about whether to kneel and stuff, he left it to their free choice.

2- Jesus mentioned the jewish custom of fasting but he never ordered anybody to do it, again leaving it to peoples free choice.

3- If there was the slightest hint of gay liberalness about Christianity I'd ditch it in an instant..:)

AmazingGrace

Established
The second graph shows that more people are switching in to Islam than are switching out, meaning there is a net growth.
Really?

"While it is legally impossible to leave Islam in all Middle Eastern countries, it is considered to be a punishable crime under Sharia law, and the death penalty can be applied in a handful of countries like Saudi-Arabia or Iran."

I'm not surprised people are not openly leaving religion that punishes you for leaving it.

Because of this you have to count with those who left secretly. Since there probably is no better way to find out, electronic anonymous survey was done in Iran, who officially claims to have 99,5% Muslim citizens. But this survey showed much more different numbers.
And my guess is that Iran is not alone in this.
1624861707361.png

1624861866943.png

1- When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray he replied "Our Father in heaven..", he never mentioned anything about whether to kneel and stuff, he left it to their free choice.

2- Jesus mentioned the jewish custom of fasting but he never ordered anybody to do it, again leaving it to peoples free choice.

3- If there was the slightest hint of gay liberalness about Christianity I'd ditch it in an instant..:)
1) i used the wrong word if i said "prayer" i meant worship.
Like i said its how all the prophets did it...so were in good company. Most christians have never done it.

2) never ordered people to do it? Like he sai"i have many more things to say to you but you cannot bear it right now. When the spirit of truth comes he will bring you all the truth and what is yet to come. He will only speak what he hears.
The holy spirit did that through Mohammed.
Jesus knew the ppl of his time and the new gentiles wont be capable of following anything so for that time it was allowed for them to eat pig shit even...it doesnt mean ot is good. By the sane biblical OT standards

Allowances made in the beginning for weakened ppl doesnt mean Jesus didnt expect anything. His own example is him starving in the wilderness to bring down his carnal nature.

13 1 Now in the church at Antioch(A) there were prophets(B) and teachers:(C) Barnabas,(D) Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene,(E) Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod(F) the tetrarch) and Saul. 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,(G) “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work(H) to which I have called them.”(I) 3 So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them(J) and sent them off

Choice...but like i already said before, the new christians in that time were loke the patriachs of the OT and yet God saw fit to reveal the law of Moses later.
Your attempts to malign islam will fail everytime im about. Ill use your own book to condemm you and prove islam.

3) by the same token youve celebrated how Jesus didnt order fasting and worship in the muslim manner. By the same token youve condemned muslims for hanging gays.
Fyi the quran and hadith advocate no such punishment. Its haram but at the same time a more developed person will understand the condition of people on a collective level.
In islam there is the state of jahilliya/ignorance, hawa/passion and islam/submission to the Will of God.
The idea is that when people fall into hawa and jahilliya then satanic qualities appear and act through people
In such a state condemning and attacking is useless. Only the fanatical but fake western backed al nusra/qaeeda and isis do that shit. Mainstream islam generally tends to looo the otherway, not as acceptanc of the ain but acceptance of the fact it exists.
Many normal ppl end up with gay sons or daughters and what else can they do?
I do know that in romans 1 paul touched on the same thing ..the same words etc. The fact is i can see islam in the NT. The foundation of islamic understanding of human nature is right there in romans 1.

However whilst islam teaches to believe in God's Mercy and that He will forgive anyone who is sincere. Jesus is like"toss em in the fire. Dont know em".
Christianity condemns sin but most christians even the gays think they can carry on being gay because they are already born again and saved.
Muslim homosexuals are praying for own forgiveness, christians homosexuals are like "????im saved...i trust in jesus".

I'm not surprised people are not openly leaving religion that punishes you for leaving it.
Hmmm...

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
KJV

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and show thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Really. But if you don't like it, you can take it up with Pew's social scientists. You can ask them "why does your research not confirm everything I believe?"

But why are you evading what should be most concerning to you, as a Christian? You shouldn't be worried about Islam, you should be worried that 106 million people, and a net total of 66 million, will leave Christianity in the next 30 years, far more than in any other religion. But let us apply your logic here too. The number must be far bigger, since we can't account for those who have left the religion secretly.

PF_15.04.02_ProjectionsOverview_religiousSwitching_640px.png

the death penalty can be applied in a handful of countries like Saudi-Arabia or Iran."
"handful". Meanwhile, there are 55 Muslim countries in the world, and more with a significant Muslim minority. So the issue you are raising applies to a few countries at most.

Also, this has no bearing on Pew's findings, since they are using various types of data from varied sources, and also, conversions are not the only way Islam is growing.

Since there probably is no better way to find out, electronic anonymous survey was done in Iran, who officially claims to have 99,5% Muslim citizens. But this survey showed much more different numbers.
Why are you pointing to Iran? Iran is shiite (while the vast majority of Muslims are Sunni), and displays trends that are not typical of the worldwide Muslims population, which you would know if you'd read the above posts. So your "guess" is conjecture. As well as fallacious.*

One striking difference between former Muslims and those who have always been Muslim is in the share who hail from Iran. Those who have left Islam are more likely to be immigrants from Iran (22%) than those who have not switched faiths (8%). The large number of Iranian American former Muslims is the result of a spike in immigration from Iran following the Iranian Revolution of 1978 and 1979 – which included many secular Iranians seeking political refuge from the new theocratic regime.

Pew's sample size was far bigger and their methodology, far more comprehensive.

these are the first formal demographic projections using data on age, fertility, mortality, migration and religious switching for multiple religious groups around the world. Demographers at the Pew Research Center in Washington, D.C., and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in Laxenburg, Austria, gathered the input data from more than 2,500 censuses, surveys and population registers, an effort that has taken six years and will continue.

The projections cover eight major groups: Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, adherents of folk religions, adherents of other religions and the unaffiliated (see Appendix C: Defining the Religious Groups). Because censuses and surveys in many countries do not provide information on religious subgroups – such as Sunni and Shia Muslims or Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Christians – the projections are for each religious group as a whole. Data on subgroups of the unaffiliated are also unavailable in many countries. As a result, separate projections are not possible for atheists or agnostics.

The projection model was developed in collaboration with researchers in the Age and Cohort Change Project at IIASA, who are world leaders in population projections methodology. The model uses an advanced version of the cohort-component method typically employed by demographers to forecast population growth. It starts with a population of baseline age groups, or cohorts, divided by sex and religion. Each cohort is projected into the future by adding likely gains (immigrants and people switching in) and by subtracting likely losses (deaths, emigrants and people switching out) year by year. The youngest cohorts, ages 0-4, are created by applying age-specific fertility rates to each female cohort in the childbearing years (ages 15-49), with children inheriting the mother’s religion. For more details, see the Methodology.

* Fallacy of composition. "Since it is true of one part it must be true of the whole."

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
1) i used the wrong word if i said "prayer" i meant worship.
Like i said its how all the prophets did it...so were in good company. Most christians have never done it.

2) never ordered people to do it? Like he sai"i have many more things to say to you but you cannot bear it right now. When the spirit of truth comes he will bring you all the truth and what is yet to come. He will only speak what he hears.
The holy spirit did that through Mohammed.
Jesus knew the ppl of his time and the new gentiles wont be capable of following anything so for that time it was allowed for them to eat pig shit even...it doesnt mean ot is good. By the sane biblical OT standards

Allowances made in the beginning for weakened ppl doesnt mean Jesus didnt expect anything. His own example is him starving in the wilderness to bring down his carnal nature.

13 1 Now in the church at Antioch(A) there were prophets(B) and teachers:(C) Barnabas,(D) Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene,(E) Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod(F) the tetrarch) and Saul. 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,(G) “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work(H) to which I have called them.”(I) 3 So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them(J) and sent them off

Choice...but like i already said before, the new christians in that time were loke the patriachs of the OT and yet God saw fit to reveal the law of Moses later.
Your attempts to malign islam will fail everytime im about. Ill use your own book to condemm you and prove islam.

3) by the same token youve celebrated how Jesus didnt order fasting and worship in the muslim manner. By the same token youve condemned muslims for hanging gays.
Fyi the quran and hadith advocate no such punishment. Its haram but at the same time a more developed person will understand the condition of people on a collective level.
In islam there is the state of jahilliya/ignorance, hawa/passion and islam/submission to the Will of God.
The idea is that when people fall into hawa and jahilliya then satanic qualities appear and act through people
In such a state condemning and attacking is useless. Only the fanatical but fake western backed al nusra/qaeeda and isis do that shit. Mainstream islam generally tends to looo the otherway, not as acceptanc of the ain but acceptance of the fact it exists.
Many normal ppl end up with gay sons or daughters and what else can they do?
I do know that in romans 1 paul touched on the same thing ..the same words etc. The fact is i can see islam in the NT. The foundation of islamic understanding of human nature is right there in romans 1.

However whilst islam teaches to believe in God's Mercy and that He will forgive anyone who is sincere. Jesus is like"toss em in the fire. Dont know em".
Christianity condemns sin but most christians even the gays think they can carry on being gay because they are already born again and saved.
Muslim homosexuals are praying for own forgiveness, christians homosexuals are like "????im saved...i trust in jesus".
And many are delusional in both religions.

Tidal

Star
Your attempts to malign islam will fail everytime im about. Ill use your own book to condemm you and prove islam..

Dream on mate..:)
Mohammed went into a cave, came out and said "The Angel Gabriel told me a few things, write them down", and bingo that's how Islam was invented..:)

But Jesus on the other hand didn't have to go through a middleman "angel", because he was spoken to by God himself, spot the difference?
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

Further, Jesus's arrival was prophesied many times in the Old T-
"All things about me in the law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms, must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

And his 37 miracles blew peoples socks off-
"..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." (John 10:38 )

And to top it all, he's not in a grave somewhere like the founders of all other religions, so overall his credentials are waaay above anybody else's, there's simply no comparison.. :p

Dream on mate..:)
Mohammed went into a cave, came out and said "The Angel Gabriel told me a few things, write them down", and bingo that's how Islam was invented..:)

But Jesus on the other hand didn't have to go through a middleman "angel", because he was spoken to by God himself, spot the difference?
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

Further, Jesus's arrival was prophesied many times in the Old T-
"All things about me in the law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms, must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

And his 37 miracles blew peoples socks off-
"..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." (John 10:38 )

And to top it all, he's not in a grave somewhere like the founders of all other religions, so overall his credentials are waaay above anybody else's, there's simply no comparison.. :p

Me: Jesus is the incarnation of the universal conciousness.
You: Jezuz iz bettererer dan Mohammed.

I think muslims are closer to Jesus than chriatians.

You deny his divinity, how exactly do you give him the respect he deserves?
So you are a trinitarian. It seems you have a dilemma, then. Simply put, the trinitarian, who espouses the co-eternality, co-equality, co-subtantiality of the three persons in the trinity, cannot square this position with Matthew 24:36, which states "But about that day or hour no man knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." God, by very definition, has knowledge of all things; if the Son lacks knowledge, he cannot be God. In fact, the Washingtonianus and Latin Vulgate manuscripts containing this verse purposely omitted the words "nor the son," and we can infer from this omission that they may have been disturbed by the theological implications of the Son's ignorance for the doctrine of the trinity. So, neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit have knowledge of the Hour, and thus, cannot be equal to the Father. It is said that He alone possesses knowledge of the Hour. The trinity is compromised scripturally. And this is from one verse alone, there are many more that show the Son and HS are not co-equal with the Father. Rationally, we can say the following. No being can share in God's divinity. If Jesus (pbuh) is God, and yet, not God in totality (i.e. if he can only be God as part of a group of deities), he can be God no longer, as he becomes dependent on something outside himself, and hence, limited and incomplete. God is neither dependent, limited, or incomplete, but rather, independent and self-sufficient, unlimited, and absolute. He is dependent on nothing. Thus, the Son cannot be God. There is only one God, and it is He alone that is worthy of worship, as taught by all the Prophets and Messengers, from Noah, to Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and to Muhammad, peace be upon them all.

He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates among yourselves and mates among the cattle, by which He multiplies you. There is nothing like Him, for He is the Hearing and the Seeing.

Surat al-Shura 42:11

Verily, your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He covers the night with the day, chasing it rapidly, and the sun, the moon, and the stars are subjected to His command. Unquestionably, for Him is the creation and the commandment. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Surah al-A’raf 7:45

How can you disbelieve in Allah while you were lifeless and He gave life to you? Then, you will die and be brought back to life and returned to Him.

Surat al-Baqarah 2:28

O people, worship your Lord who created you and those before you that you may become righteous, He who made the earth as a bed and the sky as a ceiling and sent down water from the sky by which fruits are brought out as your provision. Do not appoint partners with Allah while you know better.

Surat al-Baqarah 2:21

Whoever hopes to meet His Lord, let him perform righteous deeds and associate no one in the worship of his Lord.

Surat al-Kahf 18:110

Last edited:
To be a christian your ego has to die. The serpent had to figuratively die on that cross. Your heart has to be a mirror to Jesus basically.
All i see here from you is ego? 'my dick os biggererer dan yours'.
There is nothing jesus like in your posts.

Last edited:

Nikōn

Veteran
Nevertheless Jesus said he was the Son of God, and God himself said so too, yet muslims say he wasn't the Son of God..;)
Not true.

the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
Genesis 6:2

The Lord said to Moses, “When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go. Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son, and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.’”
Exodus 4:21-23

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
Deuteronomy 32:8

The LORD saw this and drew back, provoked to anger by his own sons and daughters.
Deuteronomy 32:19

He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. But I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me; your throne shall be established forever.
2 Samuel 7:13–16

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
But you will die like mere mortals;

you will fall like every other ruler.”
Psalm 82:6-7

None of the verses above are about Jesus.

Nikōn

Veteran
You deny his divinity, how exactly do you give him the respect he deserves?
I say the opposite. You attribute divinity, so how do you give him the dignity he deserves?

And God spoke all these words:
“I am YHWH your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
“You shall have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, YHWH your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. “You shall not misuse the name of YHWH your God, for YHWH will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
Exodus 20:1-7

"To you it was shown that you might know that YHWH, He is God; there is no other besides Him.
(Deuteronomy 4:35)

Hear, O Israel: YHWH our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
(Deuteronomy 6:4-6)

'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.
(Deuteronomy 32:39)

For thus says YHWH, who created the heavens, he is God!, who formed the earth and made it, he established it;
he did not create it a chaos, he formed it to be inhabited! “I am YHWH, and there is no other

(Isaiah 45:18)

“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.’
(Isaiah 45:22)

To whom can you compare Me Or declare Me similar? To whom can you liken Me, So that we seem comparable?
(Isaiah 46:5)

Bear in mind what happened of old; For I am God, and there is none else, I am divine, and there is none like Me.
(Isaiah 46:9)

For the sake of My name I control My wrath; To My own glory, I am patient with you, And I will not destroy you. See, I refine you, but not as silver; I test you in the furnace of affliction. For My sake, My own sake, do I act— Lest [My name] be dishonored! I will not give My glory to another. Listen to Me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am He—I am the first, And I am the last as well. My own hand founded the earth, My right hand spread out the skies. I call unto them, let them stand up.
(Isaiah 48:9-13)

"O YHWH, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

(1 Chronicles 17:20)

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Jesus said he was the Son of God, and God himself said so too, yet muslims say he wasn't the Son of God..;)
Not true.

the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
Genesis 6:2

The Lord said to Moses, “When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go. Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son, and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.’”
Exodus 4:21-23

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
Deuteronomy 32:8

The LORD saw this and drew back, provoked to anger by his own sons and daughters.
Deuteronomy 32:19

He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. But I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me; your throne shall be established forever.
2 Samuel 7:13–16

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
But you will die like mere mortals;

you will fall like every other ruler.”
Psalm 82:6-7

None of the verses above are about Jesus.

So what? In ancient OT times God loved people who were spiritually-minded and was happy to call them his sons, not like the heathen tribes who were running around like wild animals..:)
The same applies in the NT-
Paul said- "What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18 )

So technically ALL christians can call themselves A child of God,

but Jesus was in a league of his own and was THE Son of God..:)