Lip Sync Battle

JayGirl10

Rookie
Someone posted about this show on the old forum, and I'm just resurrecting it because why not. Credit goes to whoever the OP was. I know the show is supposed to be all fun, "your favorite celebs letting loose" or whatever, but most of the time I just get ominous vibes from it. Could be just me. But to me it feels like it's some sort of fast and easy televised humiliation ritual. Wanna be more successful in Hollywood and go through your DIAD (Dude in a Dress) ritual but don't have enough time for a full fledged movie and not asked to host SNL/do a skit yet? Go on Lip Sync Battle and get in done in 30 minutes or less!

This is a recent clip I just watched that "triggered" me:

And who can forget the infamous Channing Tatum one that was on the original thread?

And here is another recent one that had me like... Really? Not Neyo's, but Taye's. Neyo's is great and normal, what anyone who grew up on Boyz II Men would do if they had a lip sync battle. But then they went full Rocky Horror Picture Show with Taye... There's gotta be other ways to do Madonna, but then again it's Hollyweird and she's the queen of trashy pop stars so...

Last edited:

Lady

Star
I saw some clips from that show a year ago and got the same strange vibe as did you. I am sure there is the usual underpinning of dark and evil influence happening within its production.

I think this lip sync production seems somewhat better-however, the lippers are working with the same material...

JayGirl10

Rookie
I saw some clips from that show a year ago and got the same strange vibe as did you. I am sure there is the usual underpinning of dark and evil influence happening within its production.

I think this lip sync production seems somewhat better-however, the lippers are working with the same material...

Yes, the Jimmy Fallon bit was the inspiration for the TV show. While I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, Jimmy's bits seemed like actual fun and not ominous. He seems like a sincere guy, one of the more likable and less likely to have a dark side celebs in Hollyweird. While on his shows the bits are a few minutes and can't go full scale with dancers and detailed costumes and choreo, LSB the TV show can, and there's probably a whole lot more people behind the scenes than for Jimmy's bit. I'm just speculating here though. I don't write off anyone in the industry especially someone with a big role like JF but if he's sold his soul he thankfully left a good chunk of his personality. Who knows what goes on

williejonesjr

Veteran
Yes, the Jimmy Fallon bit was the inspiration for the TV show. While I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, Jimmy's bits seemed like actual fun and not ominous. He seems like a sincere guy, one of the more likable and less likely to have a dark side celebs in Hollyweird. While on his shows the bits are a few minutes and can't go full scale with dancers and detailed costumes and choreo, LSB the TV show can, and there's probably a whole lot more people behind the scenes than for Jimmy's bit. I'm just speculating here though. I don't write off anyone in the industry especially someone with a big role like JF but if he's sold his soul he thankfully left a good chunk of his personality. Who knows what goes on
Fallon wouldn't have his own show if he didn't sell out. Simple as that.

Aero

Superstar
This is why I currently only like "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver. Even though he has a heavy liberal bias, he actually talks about issues. Issues we aren't hearing about in the media. And his satirical style cuts through the B.S like a knife through butter.

Lady

Star
There has to be someone who has a show without selling out. It should be possible right?
The independent cable access channels probably have not sold out-for the MOST part.
I saw an obscure cable show with an interview format broadcast out of Texas. While the host of the show seemed very "red-necky," he had on the late comedian Bill Hicks-a controversial figure on the order of the late George Carlin as far as discussing government conspiracies in his act.
The host made sure that at some point in his show he displayed the devil horns-and not in reference to Texas Longhorns.
Reference for the out-of-towners:
Hook 'em Horns
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about University of Texas at Austin hand gesture. For other uses of this hand gesture, see sign of the horns.
Not to be confused with Hook 'em (mascot).

A fan displays the Hook 'em Horns during a Texas football game versus Arkansas.
Hook 'em Horns is the slogan and hand signal of The University of Texas at Austin. Students and alumni of the university employ a greeting consisting of the phrase "Hook 'em" or "Hook 'em Horns" and also use the phrase as a parting good-bye or as the closing line in a letter or story.

The gesture is meant to approximate the shape of the head and horns of the UT mascot, the Texas Longhorn Bevo. The sign is made by extending the index and pinky fingers while grasping the second and third fingers with the thumb. The arm is usually extended, but the sign can also be given with the arm bent at the elbow. The sign is often seen at sporting events, during the playing of the school song "The Eyes of Texas",[1] and during the playing of the school fight song "Texas Fight". It is one of the most recognized hand signals of all American universities. A variant of the Horns, formed upside down with the thumb pointed outward, is often used by rivals of the Longhorns and is considered insulting, especially when performed by a player or coach of the team in question.

JayGirl10

Rookie
There has to be someone who has a show without selling out. It should be possible right?
I've often wondered that too, hence my statement. It's a shame that even people who aren't completely scummy have to sell out

Haich

Superstar
Channing Tatum looks absolutely diabolical

What's what the men in dresses?? They're so insistent on trying to normalise this