Light > Darkness

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A familiar verse and an interesting take on it below:-

John 1: The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Hi Red, Good post, But I could have answered some of the professor's questions about God. I have seen God (He looks like Jesus). I have not seen His form, but I have seen His brightness. I have talked to God and felt His presence and His power in me, by his teaching me and directing me in my search for the Truth. I have seen Him answer prayer immediately. The Holy Spirit has raised me up out of the pew to preach. I could tell you many miracles and many sorrows He has brought me through. It was a hard road because I was not part of this world (it's principles). And many of my troubles have been from the religious, But I clung on to the Lord.....or rather, He clung on to me. And yet, I am nothing in the sight of all men and still have the same problems as all men, and my only comfort will be to leave and be with the Lord...But I am no more special to the Lord than any other brother. (We live by faith in His Mercy and Grace)

JoChris

Superstar

I thought it sounded similar in storyline format to the (in)famous fundamentalist Chick tracts. I was expecting a short Gospel presentation or a link to a website at the end so I was a bit disappointed.

The professor certainly showed all the signs of willful spiritual blindness. He certainly demonstrated self (intellect) worship and bitterness about suffering in this world (understandable from a human perspective).

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

P.S. a word of encouragement - you are great at introducing topics for discussion. It is truly a gift of yours.

elsbet

Superstar

Love love LOVE this, Red

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I was thinking about this on and off all day...

If you spend any time investigating Freemasonry etc you get the feeling of light and darkness, good and evil as two polar opposite forces. It is as though "darkness" has a strength and power all of its own rather than just being a negation of goodness, rather like ascribing "laziness" a power of its own rather than it being the state of lack of effort and ambition!

I read this a long time ago and I think I'm beginning to understand it more now:-

A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers–including even his power to revolt. It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower.”
C.S.Lewis
A couple of years ago, I came across the occult concept of the "Ipsissimus"

"Ipsissimus is quite hard to translate directly from Latin to English, but it is essentially the superlative of “self”, translating rather approximately to “His most Selfness,” or “self-est.”

As a Christian, I am told to "die to self" and "take up my cross". Surely heading in the opposite direction to the Ipsissimus. Luciferianism, when you really break it down, is a religion of self, where Lucifer is the "Leader of the Pack" In order to join his gang, the initiation requires that you are committed to independence from God and dedicated to doing your own thing - a broad church indeed!

It has started to hit me pretty hard that God will honour our free will and for some, they will get the thing they have always wanted and argued for - their own selves, permenantly the centre of their own sub atomic sized universe, forever.

I wouldn't want that for my worst enemy - that's why the Gospel matters so much to me.

JoChris

Superstar

If you spend any time investigating Freemasonry etc you get the feeling of light and darkness, good and evil as two polar opposite forces. It is as though "darkness" has a strength and power all of its own rather than just being a negation of goodness, rather like ascribing "laziness" a power of its own rather than it being the state of lack of effort and ambition!

I read this a long time ago and I think I'm beginning to understand it more now:-

A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers–including even his power to revolt. It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower.”

C.S.Lewis

"Ipsissimus is quite hard to translate directly from Latin to English, but it is essentially the superlative of “self”, translating rather approximately to “His most Selfness,” or “self-est.”

As a Christian, I am told to "die to self" and "take up my cross". Surely heading in the opposite direction to the Ipsissimus. Luciferianism, when you really break it down, is a religion of self, where Lucifer is the "Leader of the Pack" In order to join his gang, the initiation requires that you are committed to independence from God and dedicated to doing your own thing - a broad church indeed!

It has started to hit me pretty hard that God will honour our free will and for some, they will get the thing they have always wanted and argued for - their own selves, permenantly the centre of their own sub atomic sized universe, forever.

I wouldn't want that for my worst enemy - that's why the Gospel matters so much to me.
Yes, Satan deciding to rebel against God was an active decision, by commission not omission. https://www.gotquestions.org/sin-of-commission.html, https://www.gotquestions.org/sin-of-omission.html

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Romans chapter 1:18-32 goes into great detail about what happens when people choose to reject God and follow self (like Satan did). Whole chapter. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1&version=KJV

I read a lot of the bible commentary on the above passage, starting at https://www.preceptaustin.org/romans_118-19.
Anyone who is honest will recognize themselves.

Alanantic

Star
"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites;
like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in
degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be
reconciled." — The Kybalion.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites;
like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in
Would you say that heat and cold were opposites, or that cold was the absence of heat? Does the Kybalion believe in a "cold energy" made by fridges etc?

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
There God tried to inform us about who He is speaking of.

If you know where the mount of the congregation is... you will know exactly who God is talking about.

Alanantic

Star
Would you say that heat and cold were opposites, or that cold was the absence of heat? Does the Kybalion believe in a "cold energy" made by fridges etc?
Cold is the absence of heat. It's a continuum. All dualities are 2 ends or 2 sides of the same thing. Even you and I are parts of the same Thing.
Oh, I don't think there were "fridges" when the Kybalion was written.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Cold is the absence of heat. It's a continuum. All dualities are 2 ends or 2 sides of the same thing. Even you and I are parts of the same Thing.
Oh, I don't think there were "fridges" when the Kybalion was written.
Would you say that cold was an opposite or merely a negation then?

Alanantic

Star
Cold is an opinion. It's all relative. Personally, I'm like a polar bear. What's too warm for me is often just fine for other people. It's all temperature. Same with light and dark. There's no official, "This is Dark". Evil is the absence Good, but one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. Everything is simpler than we think...

JoChris

Superstar
The Christian God is light.
1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

John 12: 46 [Jesus said] I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

elsbet

Superstar
All generalizations are false-- including this one.
-MARK TWAIN

Damien50

Star
Cold is an opinion. It's all relative. Personally, I'm like a polar bear. What's too warm for me is often just fine for other people. It's all temperature. Same with light and dark. There's no official, "This is Dark". Evil is the absence Good, but one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. Everything is simpler than we think...
But it isn't because we have an understanding of science to know the point of boiling and freezing despite how something might feel to the individual. You're making everything objective but that is like passive escapism or something. Me killing you might be fine for some but might upset others but it's all relative lol. It's all relative.

Etagloc

Superstar
As far as dark and light... I don't think one is better than the other.

Light and dark are sometimes associated with male and female. Traditionally, the sun is associated with the male and the moon is associated with the female.

Whether light/dark, day/night, male/female, I don't think one is better than the other

they're just different. Difference doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other. I think we not strive in such a way where there's always this quest for superiority. I want to be the best I can be but I'm not out to be better than anyone. I think it's that kind of warped mindset which would lead a person to claim that the sun is better than the moon, that the day is better than the night or that man is better than woman.

It is by the wisdom of our Lord that He has created man and woman, light and dark, day and night, etc. We should love and appreciate our Creator and His wisdom. We shouldn't go against nature!

Anyways, if by light and dark we mean good and evil.... of course, good is superior to evil. And many people talk relativism but no one actually lives it as it is impossible. You can be a relativist when you're daydreaming..... but you better not be a relativist behind the wheel of a motor vehicle or you'll deserve to be put in prision for a long time, if not put to death.

Etagloc

Superstar
Hi Red, Good post, But I could have answered some of the professor's questions about God. I have seen God (He looks like Jesus). I have not seen His form, but I have seen His brightness. I have talked to God and felt His presence and His power in me, by his teaching me and directing me in my search for the Truth. I have seen Him answer prayer immediately. The Holy Spirit has raised me up out of the pew to preach. I could tell you many miracles and many sorrows He has brought me through. It was a hard road because I was not part of this world (it's principles). And many of my troubles have been from the religious, But I clung on to the Lord.....or rather, He clung on to me. And yet, I am nothing in the sight of all men and still have the same problems as all men, and my only comfort will be to leave and be with the Lord...But I am no more special to the Lord than any other brother. (We live by faith in His Mercy and Grace)
You are a liar. You have not seen God in this world.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2734/is-it-possible-to-see-allaah-in-this-world

In fact, according to what you allegedly believe... no one can see God and live. Are you not alive?
  • 1 Timothy 6:15–17, “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion.”
  • 1 Timothy 1:17, “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory.”
  • 1 John 4:12, “No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us.”
  • Exodus 33:20, “He [God] said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.’”
  • Deuteronomy 4:12, “Then the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of words, but saw no form; there was only a voice.”
And who is more unjust than he who invents a lie about Allah ? Those will be presented before their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord." Unquestionably, the curse of Allah is upon the wrongdoers.

-Surah Hud [11:18]

You must repent to God for telling such a reprehensible lie, claiming you saw God when you did not. How can anyone just casually lie about God? It is despicable.

lovesoul

Established

C.S.Lewis

Do you have the bible app? lol God wink surely because Matthew 16:24 was yesterday's verse of the day and it was an eye opening verse for me. It was almost like I had never heard, seen, felt it before, though I have before I know. I'm definitely going through major refinement right now, Glory to God! I feel so alive lately :D Anyway, lol The denying of ourselves and taking up his cross is challenging but I'm loving it! It's such a conscious and connected way to live. I'm not perfect and I stumble but nothing God's grace, mercy, love and patience doesn't cover. I love the fulfillment and peace. God bless you all! :D

JoChris

Superstar
You are a liar. You have not seen God in this world.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2734/is-it-possible-to-see-allaah-in-this-world

In fact, according to what you allegedly believe... no one can see God and live. Are you not alive?
  • 1 Timothy 6:15–17, “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion.”
  • 1 Timothy 1:17, “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory.”
  • 1 John 4:12, “No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us.”
  • Exodus 33:20, “He [God] said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.’”
  • Deuteronomy 4:12, “Then the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of words, but saw no form; there was only a voice.”
And who is more unjust than he who invents a lie about Allah ? Those will be presented before their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord." Unquestionably, the curse of Allah is upon the wrongdoers.

-Surah Hud [11:18]

You must repent to God for telling such a reprehensible lie, claiming you saw God when you did not. How can anyone just casually lie about God? It is despicable.
It is quite simple. The unseen God is God the Father (1st person of the Trinity) and/ or God the Holy Spirit (3rd person of the Trinity).
Jesus, the begotten Son of God (second person of the Trinity) is God made flesh. https://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/jesus-is-god.htm

(Self-proclaimed) prophet Muhammad did not see the Light. Now he is in eternal darkness, just like all Muslims will be if they never believe in the Light.