Libertarian becomes first openly p***phile candidate

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It's a fact that most child abuse is done by someone the child knows and it's usually someone in their family.
Im not sure if Most is true although it could be. Most could also qualify as 51% of 100%. Im on your side, Im just expressing that such a topic deserves the most clear and concise language possible. Sorry if Im coming across wrong, I support your stand, but its important for the language to be airtight in these situations imo.

mecca

Superstar
Im not sure if Most is true although it could be. Most could also qualify as 51% of 100%. Im on your side, Im just expressing that such a topic deserves the most clear and concise language possible. Sorry if Im coming across wrong, I support your stand, but its important for the language to be airtight in these situations imo.
It's over 80%
Very often media including TV, radio and newspapers cover stories about children who are abused, abducted and even murdered, usually by strangers but it is important to know that these are not typical crimes. Sexual abusers are more likely to be people we know, and could well be people we care about; more than 8 out of 10 children who are sexually abused know their abuser. They are family members or friends, neighbours or babysitters – many hold responsible positions in society.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I just don't know how to process this line of thought.

Almost all children who are sexually abused it's from within the family or friends of the family.

Usually an adult who isn't perpetrating the crime knows about it going on

Yet I'm supposed to believe the family would be so much sadder about a dead child than they are about molestation which fcuks kids up for life? I'd assume the families don't care at all tbh. I've been there. And my parents DO believe they love me. But they obviously can't love, since these things happened.

Willful ignorance and false love is worthless.
I'm sympathetic to your situation. I've seen your posts before, so if I seemed insensitive that wasn't my intention. My point was made in regards to the broader context of crime. But I agree that there is a lot of selfish love going on. Ultimately that's where a lot of crime originates. And I'm against all crime, and I am concerned about the amount of broken, or dysfunctional families.

While we are on the subject. I think that's why a lot of abuse doesn't get reported, or taken seriously. People can't tell the difference between dysfunction and brokenness. And it all has to start with taking victims seriously. I take victims seriously, but there is a big problem lurking in the shadows. It's like we are in an age where nobody takes each other seriously.

Personally speaking as I've gotten older. I've found that one has to empathize with others while only relying on yourself. And that's a tough thing to do.