LGBT+ movement starting to backfire (part 2)

Wanderlust

Established
Yeah, my younger son and I have had quite a few talks over the years. Our love of music in general was a great way to steer the conversations into other topics too!
At one stage he was talking pretty negatively about girls and we had a lot of talks about stereotypes and how girls need to mature just as much as boys. Things like girls have certain types of peer pressure that boys don't have to deal with, an issue he hadn't thought of much... probably having only an older brother was a factor.
Several times he asked softly if I would have liked a girl, and I said NO! [and that is true - I was the tomboy]. I got worried after he subtly communicated that he questioned deep down because he wasn't as masculine and full-on logical like my older son [who is like my ex-soldier husband in personality] where he was overall.

I clamped down on that straight away, saying he was just different like I was - I had been a tomboy, I even had times I wished I had been a boy because boys seem to do more "fun things" and had way more comfortable clothes. He looked relieved that I said everyone should be themself, we shouldn't put ourself in a box etc, the world would be boring if we were all the same.

I wonder how many children around the world now been convinced they are trans or non-binary because they don't fit society's stereotype of male/ female EXACTLY. It makes me so sad, thinking of all the young people who will never be their actual true self, warts and all because of that.
It sounds like you're not providing a decent environment for your sons to be fully honest with you. I doubt you'd ever know if either of them were anything other than cis and hetero.

JoChris

Superstar
It sounds like you're not providing a decent environment for your sons to be fully honest with you. I doubt you'd ever know if either of them were anything other than cis and hetero.
I am pretty close to my sons thankfully. Behaviour and appearance reveals a person's worldview eventually anyway.

Wanderlust

Established
I am pretty close to my sons thankfully. Behaviour and appearance reveals a person's worldview eventually anyway.
Being close means nothing. You create multiple threads on LGBT folks and you obviously raised them with the viewpoint that anything other heterosexuality is wrong. They'd probably never tell you. Trust me, you'd be surprised at what closeted men look/act like. Gays are far from all flaming queens.

Lyfe

Star
So how does this tack with the sexual fluidity that has always been present in human history?
Unclean spirits have almost always been present with humanity. It also doesn't help when movies and propoganda encourage kids to explore and try out different sexualities to see which one fits them best. It can only get worse now that the powers of darkness have control of their airwaves. Children are giving heed to seducing spirits and things encouraged by demons. The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.

There are awful consequences when a nation forgets and defies God. Read Romans 1. All the nations that forget God are turned into hell. It makes me shudder talking a out it, but we have opened up so many gateways through sin and the occult that we have been invaded by demonic legions. That's how it works. We give consent to these beings and give them a legal right into our society.

Wanderlust

Established
Unclean spirits have almost always been present with humanity. It also doesn't help when movies and propoganda encourage kids to explore and try out different sexualities to see which one fits them best. It can only get worse now that the powers of darkness have control of their airwaves. Children are giving heed to seducing spirits and things encouraged by demons. The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.

There are awful consequences when a nation forgets and defies God. Read Romans 1. All the nations that forget God are turned into hell. It makes me shudder talking a out it, but we have opened up so many gateways through sin and the occult that we have been invaded by demonic legions. That's how it works. We give consent to these beings and give them a legal right into our society.
Tell this to the gay pastors in your religion. How is homosexuality immoral? Can you even use your own Bible to say why other than "because God said so"? Does it ever explain why he does?

Lyfe

Star
Tell this to the gay pastors in your religion. How is homosexuality immoral? Can you even use your own Bible to say why other than "because God said so"? Does it ever explain why he does?
I would like to point something out. Homosexuals are not the only ones called to renounce an ungodly practice. I had to renounce alcoholism and all sorts of things that I am still tempted with. I had to break a heterosexual relationship off that was based off of fornication a couple years back. There is much I am called to deny about myself. The same is true for all the saints. Homosexuals shouldn't think that they are the only ones who have to deny themselves and give up something hard. All are called to flee from sin.

If you understand this there really isn't a respect to anyone and their temptations. Plenty of saints have had to give up hard things. Why should homosexuals be able to live in same sex relationships, but the other saints must give up their evil ways? That's not very fair, is it?

The gospel doesn't single out homosexuals. All must repent of their ways.

Wanderlust

Established
I would like to point something out. Homosexuals are not the only ones called to renounce an ungodly practice. I had to renounce alcoholism and all sorts of things that I am still tempted with. I had to break a heterosexual relationship off that was based off of fornication a couple years back. There is much I am called to deny about myself. The same is true for all the saints. Homosexuals shouldn't think that they are the only ones who have to deny themselves and give up something hard. All are called to flee from sin.

If you understand this there really isn't a respect to anyone and their temptations. Plenty of saints have had to give up hard things. Why should homosexuals be able to live in same sex relationships, but the other saints must give up their evil ways? That's not very fair, is it?

The gospel doesn't single out homosexuals. All must repent of their ways.
Because a consensual same sex relationship where two people love each other isn't sinful. Unless, as I asked earlier, you can explain why. You could've married your partner and had a "sinless" relationship. But the genuine love between two same sex individuals which often surpasses its transactional hetero counterpart, is somehow wrong and they could do nothing about it. Why?

JoChris

Superstar
Being close means nothing. You create multiple threads on LGBT folks and you obviously raised them with the viewpoint that anything other heterosexuality is wrong. They'd probably never tell you. Trust me, you'd be surprised at what closeted men look/act like. Gays are far from all flaming queens.
Thanks for expressing your position, I doubt you think I am sincere but I am. If you don't mind I would prefer these and future entries are in other thread.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Because a consensual same sex relationship where two people love each other isn't sinful. Unless, as I asked earlier, you can explain why. You could've married your partner and had a "sinless" relationship. But the genuine love between two same sex individuals which often surpasses its transactional hetero counterpart, is somehow wrong and they could do nothing about it. Why?
That relationship is fornication unless the two are married.

We actually live in a backwards time. It used to be that intercourse was understood to be the tying of the knot or what always led to a perceived need for the two individuals that came together to marry. You didn't sleep with someone unless you planned to marry them and if you did sleep with them there was a cultural pressure to seal the deal quickly. Now marriage has been made to be a complicated and draining process. This is why in the OT there were laws that minimized sin in this regard. It's also why Christians are encouraged to marry if they are always burning with lust so it doesn't become sin. We judge everything from a sex crazed bias though. People(because of human nature) are prone to have multiple sex partners if they don't marry and this leads to all sorts of disaster and harm.

Wanderlust

Established
That relationship is fornication unless the two are married.

We actually live in a backwards time. It used to be that intercourse was understood to be the tying of the knot or what always led to a perceived need for the two individuals that came together to marry. You didn't sleep with someone unless you planned to marry them and if you did sleep with them there was a cultural pressure to seal the deal quickly. Now marriage has been made to be a complicated and draining process. This is why in the OT there were laws that minimized sin in this regard. It's also why Christians are encouraged to marry if they are always burning with lust so it doesn't become sin. We judge everything from a sex crazed bias though. People(because of human nature) are prone to have multiple sex partners if they don't marry and this leads to all sorts of disaster and harm.
Your concept of marriage is historically illiterate and you still haven't answered my question.

Wanderlust

Established
God's word says it is.
Why though? It doesn't provide a reasoning lmfao and you can't substantiate it without using a book not everyone believes in. Which again, doesn't even provide a reason just "Because I said so!"

Lyfe

Star
Why though? It doesn't provide a reasoning lmfao and you can't substantiate it without using a book not everyone believes in. Which again, doesn't even provide a reason just "Because I said so!"
It's a deviation from the original design? Idk... Whatever the case may be God doesn't need me to justify him. He doesn't have to justify himself either. There are consequences whether we like it or not.

Wanderlust

Established
It's a deviation from the original design? Idk... Whatever the case may be God doesn't. me to justify him. He doesn't have to justify himself either. There are consequences whether we like it or not.
So why did he allow gay people to genuinely fall in love? It literally doesn't hurt anybody. You can't justify him because there is literally nothing to justify.

Lyfe

Star
So why did he allow gay people to genuinely fall in love? It literally doesn't hurt anybody. You can't justify him because there is literally nothing to justify.
Honestly I don't think we as humans are even capable of understanding the full extent of how sin has warped(mutated)our hearts and minds to our own detriment. Sin has corrupted our nature in ways we can't fathom. The Bible acctually describes sin like it's an inherited virus that has made us all sick. It's infected our very being with self destructive lusts and passions. The bottom line is that any deviation from our original design leads to some sort of harm one way or another whether we realize it or not. There is quite a bit of study done on the harsh reality of homosexual relationships. I'm not trying to suggest that heterosexual relationships don't have problems either. There are allot of stds among gay community, their relationships often end very abruptly, they also are incapable of being part of a family structure with children involved.

Wanderlust

Established
Honestly I don't think we as humans are even capable of understanding the full extent of how sin has warped(mutated)our hearts and minds to our own detriment. Sin has corrupted our nature in ways we can't fathom. The Bible acctually describes sin like it's an inherited virus that has made us all sick. It's infected our very being with self destructive lusts and passions. The bottom line is that any deviation from our original design leads to some sort of harm one way or another whether we realize it or not. There is quite a bit of study done on the harsh reality of homosexual relationships. I'm not trying to suggest that heterosexual relationships don't have problems either. There are allot of stds among gay community, their relationships often end very abruptly, they also are incapable of being part of a family structure with children involved.
There are higher rates of STDs among the hetero population. You really wanna not mention the straight divorce rate? Not to mention how miserable your marriages are on average, you built an entire culture around joking about hating your spouses lol. And studies show gay couples raise children well.

Lyfe

Star
There are higher rates of STDs among the hetero population. You really wanna not mention the straight divorce rate? Not to mention how miserable your marriages are on average, you built an entire culture around joking about hating your spouses lol. And studies show gay couples raise children well.
Yes those marriages and relationships are based off of deviation from God's original design too. Nobody remains unscathed from the fruit of sin. This is why even heterosexuals are called to turn to Christ so they may be healed of their spiritual infirmity.