Lets Make A List Of Movies That Are Close To The Truth [Conspiracies, Occult Science, etc.]

Journeyman

Established
I think "close" is the defining term here, they'd never let the whole/unmodified truth out.
Yes, there is the concept of the 'Revelation of the method' which suggests that they like to make some of what they do public, either to mock and gloat, or perhaps to derive additional power or presumed consent for their actions to try and cheat the law of karma.

There's also so much rubbish put out that picking out the truthful parts is very difficult.

That said, I often think of the manufactured history in Dark City and the false reality of the Matrix as reflecting a small part of the deception underway in the 'real' world today.

Kerrild

Death Becomes Her (1992) - Adrenochrome, celebrities faking deaths... Directed by Robert Zemeckis, the same director who made Back to the future (predicted 911).

Edit: I just realized that a 666 is hidden in the title. This is the official poster, extracted from IMDB. Click in the image and look closely at the title.

Last edited:

Drifter

Veteran
A lot of Young Adult (YA) based books and movie adaptations touch on some interesting themes. The books in particular were more overt, the films were quite watered down.
images (28).jpeg
^Harvesting genetic material from children for a "miracle cure", selective breeding, mind control/memory manipulation, secret government-funded programmes etc etc.

download.jpeg
^Socio-economic political commentary, cult of celebrity culture, depiction of the excess and debauchery of the "upperclass", erasure of subsistence skills, mind control/manipulation, reality of war propaganda on all sides etc etc.

peridot

Established
I noticed that too. For about 5 years, there was a slew of YA movies/books on this same kind of theme:
Maze Runner (and sequels),
Hunger Games (and sequels),
Divergent (and sequels),
The Pretties/Uglies/Specials/etc (this was a book series they "talked" about making into a movie/series because it fit in so well will the previously mentioned shows)

To be frank, I'd put the Twilight series as part of this list. Not because of the "dystopia" aspect, but the mindset of the human character. Belle kind of acted like she was comatose most of the time with (teenaged) angst, and was choosing her most desirable choice between two monsters. You almost have to be reduced to that state of mind to think there is a "better" when dealing with dictatorial murderous governmental forces.

A lot of Young Adult (YA) based books and movie adaptations touch on some interesting themes. The books in particular were more overt, the films were quite watered down.
View attachment 59375
^Harvesting genetic material from children for a "miracle cure", selective breeding, mind control/memory manipulation, secret government-funded programmes etc etc.

View attachment 59376
^Socio-economic political commentary, cult of celebrity culture, depiction of the excess and debauchery of the "upperclass", erasure of subsistence skills, mind control/manipulation, reality of war propaganda on all sides etc etc.