Lets Make A List Of Movies That Are Close To The Truth [Conspiracies, Occult Science, etc.]

TonyVanDam

Established
The key word is "movies", NOT documentaries. They can be a work of "fiction" or non-fiction [as in based on OR inspired by a true story]. Also, the movies can be from Hollywood or independent filmmakers, regardless of movie genres.

I will start it off by naming 5 films that, IMDHO, belongs on the list right off hand:

Silkwood
The Matrix Trilogy*
Eyes Wide Shut
The Entity
The Manchurian Candidate [1962]

*I needed to update my OP to mention that Matrix Resurrection [which will start a new trilogy!] needs to be on the list due to the obvious theme about metaverses.

Last edited:

AmazingGrace

Established
If series can be included, then several Black Mirror episodes come to my mind.
eg. Nosedive - social rating system that is already in China
Men against fire - The episode follows Stripe (Malachi Kirby), a soldier who hunts humanoid mutants known as roaches. After a malfunctioning of his MASS, a neural implant, he discovers that these "roaches" are ordinary human beings. In a fateful confrontation with the psychologist Arquette (Michael Kelly), Stripe learns that the MASS alters his perception of reality.

Dodo

Rookie
If series can be included, then several Black Mirror episodes come to my mind.
eg. Nosedive - social rating system that is already in China
Men against fire - The episode follows Stripe (Malachi Kirby), a soldier who hunts humanoid mutants known as roaches. After a malfunctioning of his MASS, a neural implant, he discovers that these "roaches" are ordinary human beings. In a fateful confrontation with the psychologist Arquette (Michael Kelly), Stripe learns that the MASS alters his perception of reality.
you also have that episode with the bees that predicted artificial bees

TonyVanDam

Established
Here is another great choice, from the MCU no less....

Captain America: The Winter Solider

References about the real life incidents during World War 2, including OPERATION: Paperclip, are mention. I strongly recommend all viewers to watch this film as many times as necessary.